ADVERTISEMENT

Mitty v. Pinewood (again)

Dr Decker clearly thought differently of his daughters team
Onball...am here for ya....I thought pwood was 5 at best 7-8 at worst....so they finished as the 8( two fresno teams came up)....how it played out with only 5 open and fresno teams coming up pretty much makes sense but I agree with northbay that clovis went darn high and is bit surprising CN where they are....they seemed to use some head to head some maxpreps rankings some of this some of that.....

I had Pinewood pegged exactly the same, between a 5 and 8. An interesting 2nd round rematch with Miramonte looming.

Reactions: Deckermd
And I'm going to take PW in that one. And possibly in the Salesian rematch as well.

There's a possibility that D1 will be more exciting than the open. Especially with the additional games

I feel like for some of the Norcal D1 teams there is a very small degree of separation with some of the Norcal Open teams. Not all D1 teams of course, but PW, Salesian, BOD, Miramonte, Clovis North are teams on the Bubble. If Pinewood beats Granite Bay and Miramonte beats Folsom, I feel like Doc will conjure up some Elixir to alleviate the issues from the first game but it could swing either way. My gut says Pinewood over Miramonte if they both make it to the next round. Can never count out the opponent in front of you.

In D1, I think the 2nd round games could all be upsets. The 1-8 seeds can all beat each other on any given night. I wouldn't be surprised (of course if no 1st round upsets) if Antelope beat Salesian, Pinewood beat MM, or if Heritage were to beat Clovis North. I think BOD has the best draw of the 4 potential 2nd round matchups.

Reactions: OnBall8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT