ADVERTISEMENT

MLK Showcase at DLS

Epperson with a big 2-hand slam on the break after a steal…. Jesuit opens a 52-44 lead. 5:20 left in the game.

Here we go, last game of the night, St. Joseph of Santa Maria v. Modesto Christian.

This one should have some real fireworks…

15 apiece after one…

Already, we’ve had 3 dunks and a hanging-on-the-rim tech. 2 of the dunks are by Oseya of MC, tge T is on Tounde Yessoufou of St Joseph.

Tounde strips a guy, drives and scores, but MC ties it right back up…

And that’s the half…. 29-all.

Tounde with a spectacular 2-hander on the fast break, 41-39 St Joseph. 3:19 left 3rd.

Jalen Brown with an MC 3…45-42.

Tounde fouled…. FT’s split. 46-42 St Joseph, 1:40 left 3rd…. Tounde with a driving score off a steal…. 48-42.

Davis scores to get it within 1…. and a foul on Tounde, MC has it back…. 62-61 St Joseph with 2:54 left.

Steal St Joseph and a 3, but while I was typing MC also hit one…. St Joseph scores on a baseline inbounds play…. 3 try by Davis goes awry, St Joseph gets upcourt and calls time…. 67-64, St Joseph by 3, 1:26 left.

Davis with a runner, MC by 1…. and SJ with an offensive foul. MC has the rock, time out, 28 seconds…. 68-67 MC.

Oseya hacked, double bonus…. misses both!

SJ forced to call time out, 2.9 seconds left in this instant classic…. MC by 1.

3 great games in Session 2 tonight. I still don’t know how MC pulled it out, but Davis took it upon himself to make sure they did.
SJ coach with a huge blunder, calling timeout with 2.9 seconds left just as his player was throwing up what would have been the game winner that went in. Final inbound play put 2 players in the corner and no space to get a shot off. Great win for MC!
I was really impressed by both Epperson of Jesuit and Rickets of DLS tonight as they wore the nets out. I don’t think either one of them even grazed the rim on all of their 3 pointers.
Great to talk to you again Kiddman on another great MLK day of hoops. Thanks for all your reporting.

Reactions: larry legend33
Beautiful - next best thing to being there. Love a follow up With thoughts about what team/teams impressed the most? Best games, etc.

DLS win over West Linn stands out, Jesuit continuing to win without Dre, MC winning the game of the night…

Was
Beautiful - next best thing to being there. Love a follow up With thoughts about what team/teams impressed the most? Best games, etc.

DLS win over West Linn stands out, Jesuit continuing to win without Dre, MC winning the game of the night…
Great showing by our local teams. Thanks for reporting fellas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT