ADVERTISEMENT

NCS open and D1 predictions

Open... Gotta go with the heart... Campo over Salesian.

D1... DLS turning the tables on Granada.
Campo and Salesian. That’s funny. I bet those teams feel like they can’t get away from each other. Campo over Odowd is my prediction although I think they are have a great chance. Maybe not DV though.

DLS Laos the field

Reactions: concrete17
Campo and Salesian. That’s funny. I bet those teams feel like they can’t get away from each other. Campo over Odowd is my prediction although I think they are have a great chance. Maybe not DV though.

DLS Laos the field

I'm still in the hospital can you post the seeding link please, have short attention/focus span . Grazi

If "DLS is going to Laos the field "will Campo Cambodia-ize O'Dowd ?

Dublin over odowd in the open. Always remember, "it's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit" - coach wooden

It's hard to win with sophomores, but maybe not so much in that division 1 field.... I'll go with de la salle over the field.

For fun I'll go with las lomas in d2(dont sleep on the knights!), SPSV in d3, and the number 1 seed in d4.

- donnie dublin

Here are my predictions:

Open: BOD
D1: Granada
D2: SRV
D3: SPSV
D4: Marin Catholic
D5: Hall Ball

Open: Salesian over Dublin

Division I: De La Salle over Granada (Spartans should have been in the Open Division)

Reactions: Norcalbuckets
I would bump San Leandro out. I understand H2H win over Dougherty but if you are banking on that, how do you square away the loss to Weston Ranch?

I just don’t think San Leandro has the same overall resume but the NCS has that H2H result carry the day

If San leandro had at least split with o'dowd
Then that would justify there placement I thought it would be a stretch to put 3 teams
From the same league in but in reality that is what Should have happened if we are truly talking about the 6 best teams.

I would bump San Leandro out. I understand H2H win over Dougherty but if you are banking on that, how do you square away the loss to Weston Ranch?

I just don’t think San Leandro has the same overall resume but the NCS has that H2H result carry the day

Yes, SL did have a 20 point win over Dougherty, while DLS split two close games. Explain that. And if you want to bring up the loss to a 17-11 Weston Ranch, please explain the DLS loss to 15-11 Monte Vista? While were at it, how about San Leandro's win over Crossroads at the Rancho Mirage, the same Crossroads that beat DLS.

Shouldn’t Deer Valley be at home against Amador Valley, since they are BVAL league champs?

Yes, SL did have a 20 point win over Dougherty, while DLS split two close games. Explain that. And if you want to bring up the loss to a 17-11 Weston Ranch, please explain the DLS loss to 15-11 Monte Vista? While were at it, how about San Leandro's win over Crossroads at the Rancho Mirage, the same Crossroads that beat DLS.

DLS also has a win over the top Open seed Dublin, in addition to their win over Dougherty. They should be in the Open.

That being said, once they were put in D1, Granada has a better record than DLS and beat them head to head. Granada should have been the D1 top seed based on the head to head win.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Shouldn’t Deer Valley be at home against Amador Valley, since they are BVAL league champs?

The NCS website shows Deer Valley as a league champion, but still shows the game is at Amador Valley? Maybe there is a conflict with the use of the Deer Valley gym?

The NCS website shows Deer Valley as a league champion, but still shows the game is at Amador Valley? Maybe there is a conflict with the use of the Deer Valley gym?

A Deer Valley student was murdered in the gym parking lot after a game a few weeks ago. Sounds like security concerns moved the game

Wow. That may be the most coldhearted thing I've ever read on this board
why? people get killed in oakland every other day. the shooting happened in the parking lot below campus with zero to do with the student athletes inside. i mean are they cancelling school altogether?

why? people get killed in oakland every other day. the shooting happened in the parking lot below campus with zero to do with the student athletes inside. i mean are they cancelling school altogether?
The shooting occurred on school site, in the parking lot after a basketball game at the school. The kid that died was a 16 year old boy who attended DV. Sheesh!!!!

That is true, people do die every day. Both a humbling and sobering reminder to us all.....

I graduated in 2005 with a class of 31 other guys. 3 unfortunately passed away before their 21st bdays, including one of my baseball teammates who passed away at 16.

Two guys that immediately come to mind for me...one well known...one not so well known.

Hank Gathers was one of the best players to lace them up. Turned LMU into THE PROGRAM in LA, over the likes of UCLA and USC. He passed away from a heart attack on the court.

Stephen Powell was a basketball player at Stuart Hall (So) and I believe he played at Lincoln his junior year. Great young basketball player...had a ton of potential. Had issues at the Hall, so he moved on to Lincoln. Was gunned down in the Castro.

Point is...life is never guaranteed. You can't be scared to die, but you have to live every day like it's your last.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
The shooting occurred on school site, in the parking lot after a basketball game at the school. The kid that died was a 16 year old boy who attended DV. Sheesh!!!!
however that happened weeks ago and had zero to do with the basketball game. so how long does one have to wait until it is 'safe' to play a basketball game? shouldnt school altogether be cancelled in your logic?

just saying those players fought hard and won the league title and earned the right to play in the comfy confines of their gym. this might be the last time they play. most will never play after high school if not all. they deserve to play at home. i mean they still gotta sit through school daily there i am sure they dont mind playing a basketball game there.

Deer valley lost home court due to too many ejections throughout the season. Had nothing to do with the murder.

Deer valley lost home court due to too many ejections throughout the season. Had nothing to do with the murder.
Thats pretty weak. They still got the W tonight but have to travel to Heritage who's a lower seed after knocking Clayton Valley out. DV should be highly motivated rest of the way. All them ejections, I feel for the visiting locker room if they lose.

Thats pretty weak. They still got the W tonight but have to travel to Heritage who's a lower seed after knocking Clayton Valley out. DV should be highly motivated rest of the way. All them ejections, I feel for the visiting locker room if they lose.

Good for DV tonight. At least Heritage isn’t very far and they’ll still have a large crowd of home fans. SRV was the top seed in D2, but had to go on the road tonight to face #16 Vallejo since they were league champs.

Tied at halftime 29-29. Costly turn overs and defensive errors cost us big in 3rd quarter. Granada can score in bunches. “15” seed goes to the 2 seeds loses 64-45, 19 points.

Pittsburg “12” seed goes to 5 seed Monte Vista and loses by 37. No way Pittsburg 8-18 who lost to Deer Valley twice by 20 should have been seeded 3 spots higher than 13-13 Arroyo who went to Deer Valley and lost by only 5.

I wish NCS would work harder for the bottom seeds to get those right. Last year Arroyo got the 16 seed, lost by 26 to #1 Dublin, but Dublin won the second round vs. MUCH better seeded team by 26. Same amount.

Oh well, we had our chances in the season to earn a better seed. But my team exceeded all expectations. Pretty good considering losing 4 of my top 6 players (3 starters and 6th man). Good luck to all the teams still competing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT