ADVERTISEMENT

New road trip game for Wilcox?

Cal 14

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2001
The AD for Edison High in Huntington Beach just announced a game against Wilcox to be played in Bakersfield.

Anyone else hear about this?

I’d post an image of the Tweet, but I can’t find it outside of the app and we can’t post regular images here.

The game is on Edison's MaxPreps page, but not Wilcox's.

Edison says it's Friday, 9/22. And it appears to be varsity-only. Maybe part of some multi-game event?

And I can't find that tweet. Or anything else on the matter.

Well, one more thing, it'll be at Bakersfield JC.

The AD for Edison High in Huntington Beach just announced a game against Wilcox to be played in Bakersfield.

Anyone else hear about this?

I’d post an image of the Tweet, but I can’t find it outside of the app and we can’t post regular images here.
Is this the Twitter post you are referring to?

View: https://twitter.com/perryjameslusc/status/1703106927809716649

I can't see any other verification of this game anywhere. But at the same time, I can't see that the Wilcox / TKA game was played this weekend either.

Last edited:
Interestingly, this game will pit the Chargers vs the Chargers. Wonder if that has ever happened before in California.

I still don't know why you would drive 4 hours to Bakersfield when Huntington Beach would be about 2 hours more? Just make the drive to the beach and make it a home and home with Edison coming up to San Francisco next year.

Reactions: MC415
I still don't know why you would drive 4 hours to Bakersfield when Huntington Beach would be about 2 hours more? Just make the drive to the beach and make it a home and home with Edison coming up to San Francisco next year.
As a resident of Huntington Beach (I live a few blocks away from Edison), I can tell you that Bakersfield is 2 hours away… at midnight.

Most other times it’s 2.5-3.5 hours away… not that you’d actually pass thru that town on the way from Santa Clar… er… San Francisco.

According to an article written by Joseph Dycus today in the SJ Mercury News, TKA canceled their game with Wilcox, leaving Coach Rosa to find another game. Dycus goes on to describe why a game with Edison - Huntington Beach was scheduled at Bakersfield College.

So many competent teams chickening out middle of the season and cancelling games

So many competent teams chickening out middle of the season and cancelling games
Didn't "chicken out", they had multiple players suspended for running on the field during an altercation. So they did not have enough players to field a competent team.

Didn't "chicken out", they had multiple players suspended for running on the field during an altercation. So they did not have enough players to field a competent team.

I didn’t specify them only, how about El Cerrito ducking Grant ? Live Oak ducking Los Gatos ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT