ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Bowl Game Scoreboard

Should have gone for the PAT. Not much success running the ball against the Bulldog D. No miracle tonight! Onsides kick recovered by Folsom. Game over!

At the end of the night you can tip your hat. The kids from Folsom got on a bus, showed up, and went all out. This is probably a win that could catapult them to further wins down the road. Second team within a year to beat DLS, that is nothing to take lightly. Huge congrats to Folsom, you all knocked down a Goliath and it may shape your program for years to follow

At the end of the night you can tip your hat. The kids from Folsom got on a bus, showed up, and went all out. This is probably a win that could catapult them to further wins down the road. Second team within a year to beat DLS, that is nothing to take lightly. Huge congrats to Folsom, you all knocked down a Goliath and it may shape your program for years to follow
Are the basketball players still laughing now? Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. :)

You know what, Pasty? Winners win with class. Folsom was within inches of losing. Give DLS a little credit.
Folsom was within inches of winning by two scores.

DLS posters have rubbed it in for years. Folsom, a little old public school, with no business even in this game, DOMMINATES DLS on the lines to head to another State Title Game!

Are the basketball players still laughing now? Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. :)
You know Patsy, we all talk it up. But Folsom just pulled possibly off the biggest victory ever, and here you are ready to fire shots when a few weeks ago you magically disappeared. Did COVID hit you. Fact is and per what you said Folsom is now going to play in a second rate bowl. Or whatever the hell you said. Good luck to Folsom staff and their players, you earned it.

You know Patsy, we all talk it up. But Folsom just pulled possibly off the biggest victory ever, and here you are ready to fire shots when a few weeks ago you magically disappeared. Did COVID hit you. Fact is and per what you said Folsom is now going to play in a second rate bowl. Or whatever the hell you said. Good luck to Folsom staff and their players, you earned it.
We all talk it up. But I never said anyone was laughing at anyone.

Folsom goes out there and dominates DLS at their own game. That's gonna STING a lot of people for a long time.

:)

glad Folsom won….but sheesh Pasty. I dont know why I’d think you’d maybe show some class, as you’ve never done it before. I thought players from both squads showed a lot of sportsmanship throughout the game.

I do think Folsom shoulda gone for 2, but it worked out for them.

no DLS playing the State Bowls, will be weird. Folsom has a chance in I-AA game, Serra not so much.

Last edited:
Folsom was within inches of winning by two scores.

DLS posters have rubbed it in for years. Folsom, a little old public school, with no business even in this game, DOMMINATES DLS on the lines to head to another State Title Game!
Dominates?? They won by 1 point and DLS had like 4 or 5 turnovers. Really?

We all talk it up. But I never said anyone was laughing at anyone.

Folsom goes out there and dominates DLS at their own game. That's gonna STING a lot of people for a long time-out

:)
[/QUOTE
You are ass backwards man. Your hate is so evident. You just literally said Folsom dominated DLS at their own game. You are actually right. But weeks ago you plastered this site with DLS getting their asses handed to them on national TV. So what’s your point. It is now In Folsom hands to bring home the big one, and if you want to earn credibility don’t vanish. Accept a loss, and accept victory. I mean that’s how we WCAL folks roll, all Gil Serra right

3mins left Cathedral Catholic 64 OLU 54
Looks like Folsom and CC again

Watching this game on NFHS and I’m giving the edge to Folsom. Why? DLS is relying on trick plays and onsides kick to move the ball and score their TD’s. Folsom IMHO is moving the ball with a bit more ease than DLS, not needing trick plays.

I said the same thing to my wife at halftime. It was 14-14 yet DLS needed the trick play to get one of their scores. And they opted for an onside kick after their 1st score.

When they ran another toss pass in the 2nd half, I knew they were feeling a little desperation. Because they typically never need to go to that well.

Give Folsom credit. Was it 7 or 8 consecutive possessions w/o a score for the Spartans?

Still, despite what I told my wife at half -- I still was waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop on Folsom. I thought it did when the fumble return happened. But they survived it. Major props to them.

glad Folsom won….but sheesh Pasty. I dont know why I’d think you’d maybe show some class, as you’ve never done it before. I thought players from both squads showed a lot of sportsmanship throughout the game.

I do think Folsom shoulda gone for 2, but it worked out for them.

no DLS playing the State Bowls, will be weird. Folsom has a chance in I-A game, Serra not so much.
Folsom has no shot whatsoever in the D-1A game. None.

Reactions: FBAddict
Win or lose Folsom has proven me wrong
Didn’t think they had it in them.I applaud 👏🏼 them

Why would you?

They were physically dominated by DLS and Rocklin and even to a degree by Granite Bay earlier in the season.

But the line play and physicality we saw the past 3 weekends against Jesuit, Rocklin and De La Salle (all rematches) was completely different.

Remember how we always used to talk about Del Oro's schedule under Casey Taylor helping them late in the season?

Well, it's clear to me that Folsom's experience playing against Rocklin and De La Salle earlier this season (as well as past encounters against DLS) really helped to prepare them for the rematches.

IMO had Folsom not faced DLS in October and had they not had Rocklin in their league I'm not sure they what we saw the past 2 weeks still happens.

Reactions: mrbig864 and ararar

Don't know why you'd think that after the past 2 performances.

While score comparisons and margins of defeat don't mean anything, I do view the Spartans performance against Cathedral Catholic earlier in the season and Folsom's performance against the Spartans today as reason to believe there isn't some huge disparity between Folsom and CC as there would be against Mater Dei.

I see CC being the favorite -- but no shot?? C'mon.

Reactions: mrbig864
Dominates?? They won by 1 point and DLS had like 4 or 5 turnovers. Really?
I should clarify- they DOMINATED on the line. They controlled the clock. They played great defense.

Outside of a few mistakes and a botched fumble call (again), this game could have been a lot worse.

Go Dawgs!

However if it was a typo, I'm curious as to why you would say that. Considering the beating CC took from DLS earlier and now Folsom handles 2 teams in a row that handled them with ease earlier. I think it should be an interesting match up. Hats off to Folsom. I didnt see them winning against DLS.

However if it was a typo, I'm curious as to why you would say that. Considering the beating CC took from DLS earlier and now Folsom handles 2 teams in a row that handled them with ease earlier. I think it should be an interesting match up. Hats off to Folsom. I didnt see them winning against DLS.
Folsom will play Cathedral Catholic of the "vaunted" San Diego section.

Folsom is undefeated against Cathedral Catholic. Beaten them twice IN SOCAL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT