ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Bowl Game Scoreboard

You are correct sir, or was this a trick comment? I mean considering they are in D-1AA and not D-1A 😉🤣

I overlooked the typo.

1A is the POLY vs. Serra-Gardena winner, no?

I was clearly thinking he was talking about the matchup against Cathedral.

Even then I don’t see a “no shot” against POLY or Serra-Gardena.

The only no shot I see is the Open game.

I overlooked the typo.

1A is the POLY vs. Serra-Gardena winner, no?

I was clearly thinking he was talking about the matchup against Cathedral.

Even then I don’t see a “no shot” against POLY or Serra-Gardena.

The only no shot I see is the Open game.
Folsom/Cathedral

Who you got Thunder?

I should clarify- they DOMINATED on the line. They controlled the clock. They played great defense.

Outside of a few mistakes and a botched fumble call (again), this game could have been a lot worse.

Go Dawgs!
To me DLS looked uninterested. Because they weren’t in the open who cares. I don’t want to take nothing away from Folsom it just didn’t look like they wanted any part of the BUTT bowl.

To me DLS looked uninterested. Because they weren’t in the open who cares. I don’t want to take nothing away from Folsom it just didn’t look like they wanted any part of the BUTT bowl.
What a cop out. 🤡 material

Sure looked like they cared when they went for 2 instead of 1 on the extra point. Oh boy did they care.

They look disoriented. Not disinterested. The two are not the same.

They looked disoriented because they were DOMINATED on the lines both ways. That never happens to DLS. They got kicked in the mouth and didn't respond like Folsom did.

It was a fight and DLS never recovered from the Haymaker.

Enjoy. I know I will. :)

What a cop out. 🤡 material

Sure looked like they cared when they went for 2 instead of 1 on the extra point. Oh boy did they care.

They look disoriented. Not disinterested. The two are not the same.

They looked disoriented because they were DOMINATED on the lines both ways. That never happens to DLS. They got kicked in the mouth and didn't respond like Folsom did.

It was a fight and DLS never recovered from the Haymaker.

Enjoy. I know I will. :)
Oh no. Don’t get me wrong. Folsom had no business winning that game after going down two scores to start. They showed the heart of a true lion out there. I’m NOT a DLS fan I just hate with every fiber of my being Folsom fans. They are absolute garbage. But I did see some good sportsmanship from some of the Folsom players. I’m actually happy for the players they earned it and deserve it. Let’s face it at 14-0 nobody thought they had a chance in hell except the Folsom players. I will be there next weekend pulling for Folsom and all the NorCal teams to win. If you look at the whole season this Folsom story is really a good one.

Reactions: pastyfastquick3
People have been making excuses for them for the St. Francis game all year. Let’s not start doing that again for the Folsom game.

Just accept that they weren’t the top team in NorCal this year.

Oh no. Don’t get me wrong. Folsom had no business winning that game after going down two scores to start. They showed the heart of a true lion out there. I’m NOT a DLS fan I just hate with every fiber of my being Folsom fans. They are absolute garbage. But I did see some good sportsmanship from some of the Folsom players. I’m actually happy for the players they earned it and deserve it. Let’s face it at 14-0 nobody thought they had a chance in hell except the Folsom players. I will be there next weekend pulling for Folsom and all the NorCal teams to win. If you look at the whole season this Folsom story is really a good one.
I am glad Folsom has finally changed the minds of a few in here. Its a great program, great kids, and great community. They earned this. Biggest win in SJS history.

You are correct sir, or was this a trick comment? I mean considering they are in D-1AA and not D-1A 😉🤣
lol… @FBAddict got it right away. 😜

This game against Cathedral Catholic actually shapes up to be similar to the first game the Dons had against St. Mary’s. They couldn’t stop the Ram passing attack and SM couldn’t stop the CC-SD big running back.

I’m looking forward to seeing it.

People have been making excuses for them for the St. Francis game all year. Let’s not start doing that again for the Folsom game.

Just accept that they weren’t the top team in NorCal this year.
They were not the top team in NorCal this year and neither is Folsom. I’m not making excuses. It was your little buddy that call it the Butt bowl. Look it’s been an interesting year for HSFB this year.

Reactions: concrete17
They were not the top team in NorCal this year and neither is Folsom. I’m not making excuses. It was your little buddy that call it the Butt bowl. Look it’s been an interesting year for HSFB this year.
The butt bowl comment was tounge in cheek since you clowns are always making fun of 1AA with your free pass to the open. Apprently, you just don't get it.

DLS finally had to PLAY SOMEONE FOR SOMETING in NorCal and got dominated up front by a public school. Embrace it.

The funny thing is I don’t like DLS either! It
Is hard to beat a good team 2x. I think Folsom season turned around when they showed heart against a very tough Jesuit team. I was at that game and it was a point that they finally believed. Hey, stuff happens. DLS played sloppy and careless. 15 penalties? Ouch. Your not winning games like that. Folsom came to play. It’s one game with 16-18 year olds

Should be a video game score against CC. I know there RB is pretty solid but definitely a very winnable game for Folsom.
And I for one never said it was a butt bowl or whatever. Not many kids are playing this time of the year. That goes for d6.

The butt bowl comment was tounge in cheek since you clowns are always making fun of 1AA with your free pass to the open. Apprently, you just don't get it.

DLS finally had to PLAY SOMEONE FOR SOMETING in NorCal and got dominated up front by a public school. Embrace it.
Yeah it’s tongue and cheek now. I have never made fun of the 1AA game. As for DLS finally having to play someone for something that is absolutely laughable seeing how Folsom is 100% the only reason for that rule. Folsom did last night what I thought would be impossible. They did it with heart, grit, and determination. Was it dominate? NOT in any way. Is there a new sheriff in town. Absolutely NOT. This was not DLS best team and in no way was it Folsom’s best team. Folsom just went out and took it. The problem is now Their fans can act like bigger a-holes then ever before and are doing so.

winning should always be enough.

As for DLS finally having to play someone for something that is absolutely laughable seeing how Folsom is 100% the only reason for that rule
BS- you are drinking the NCP Kool aid. That rule was voted on and pushed unanimously by the entire state. Every single section. Had nothing to do with Folsom. It just fit the narrative.

Kind of ironic now how DLS finally had to play for the right to head to an SBG and got manhandled. That's you play the game. No one on Folsom wanted that rule and would be happy to see it go.

Take your L like a man and own it.

BS- you are drinking the NCP Kool aid. That rule was voted on and pushed unanimously by the entire state. Every single section. Had nothing to do with Folsom. It just fit the narrative.

Kind of ironic now how DLS finally had to play for the right to head to an SBG and got manhandled. That's you play the game. No one on Folsom wanted that rule and would be happy to see it go.

Take your L like a man and own it.
Bruh, again it’s not my loss. In fact as much as I hate to say it. I feel Folsom should be in the open. I felt that DLS was a better choice then Serra and now I feel if Folsom and Serra played next week Folsom would be in the open. IMO right now Folsom is playing the best football in NorCal. That’s a fact. But the Folsom rule IS just that. I really hope that Folsom didn’t blow their wad last night. They are a better team then CCSD and would win. GO NorCal

Reactions: pastyfastquick3

They sure looked interested early in the game while they were kicking and recovering onside kicks to jump out to a 14-0 lead.

But even if my eyes deceived me and you’re right, I guess Folsom deserves credit for making two good teams look that way two weeks in a row in championship games.

If they lull Cathedral into the same sleepwalk next week, I’ll really be giving them a lot of credit. ;)

They sure looked interested early in the game while they were kicking and recovering onside kicks to jump out to a 14-0 lead.

But even if my eyes deceived me and you’re right, I guess Folsom deserves credit for making two good teams look that way two weeks in a row in championship games.

If they lull Cathedral into the same sleepwalk next week, I’ll really be giving them a lot of credit. ;)
What Folsom did last night was amazing. What ever DLS looked like weather it be uninspired, uninterested, or sloppy all the credit should go to Folsom for making them look that way. My post was aimed more at the Folsom homer idiot for calling the 1AA the butt bowl. Now he’s trying to call it tongue in cheek which is just a bunch of crap. GO NorCal

Going through some recaps of last night's games. Found this stat pretty interesting. With one more last night, Vanden has three interception returns for scores in the past two weeks

Here are some video highlights of the DLS-Folsom game last night, apparently from a Sac area TV station. You can see both the fumble return and 2-point conversion attempt and make up your own minds if they were called correctly. Got to hand it to Folsom, that was a gutsy performance last night.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Here are some video highlights of the DLS-Folsom game last night, apparently from a Sac area TV station. You can see both the fumble return and 2-point conversion attempt and make up your own minds if they were called correctly. Got to hand it to Folsom, that was a gutsy performance last night.

It wasn't a fumble. And he was STUFFED at the goal line.

When I saw it live, I didn’t believe Lyons completed the catch. The live feed view was from the other side of the field and it looked like Lyons was juggling as he was hit. Even from this reverse angle I don’t think he caught it.

Regarding the 2 point conversion attempt, it’s hard to see Zeke Berry in that crowd. But judging from where the pile up is, it doesn’t look like he could have made it.

Actually, looking at the replay of the TD catch just before it, that was closer to a no-catch than I realized in real time.

Didn’t see any of the game, of course the one I dont watch is finally a good competitive game (other 14-0 a few years ago was also a good game).

Pretty impressive for Folsom to find on a run they have the last few weeks. To me that points to coaching and adaptability and ability to make adjustments. Richardson and Taylor are really good coaches, but I think when they were at Folsom they didn’t know what to or refused to adjust in the games against DLS and the results were not good. The well we go for it on 4th and whatever from our own 5 all year against inferior opponent so we will keep doing it against DLS didn’t work. Doherty seems like he has learned from past games. I think @ThunderRam has pointed out challenging yourself with a tough schedule. I full wholeheartedly agree, it’s actually good to get your dick knocked in the dirt. But the caveat is only if you use it as a chance for learning and coaching experience and take it as a look in the mirror to improve yourself. It looks like the current staff at Folsom has done that. Congrats to them and good luck. It was earned on the field and in the coaching room leading up to the game and during the game.

DLS? Well when I was briefly checking in with updates last night I see trick play and onside kick early in the game. To me that is always a tell that a coach actually is going into the game feeling his team is the underdog. I remember Lad doing it in the first STA matchup and right there that told me all I needed to know about how he felt about that match up. I do remember Bill Walsh actually being a proponent of a trick play in games early even after taking the lead. He actually thought if done at the right moment it could be a knockout blow, But I think 9 times out of 10 it’s more of a desperation move. Again this points to me thinking that Almbaugh and the staff didn’t like their match up going into this game.

The De La Sae staff is still very good, but it sounds like this year was the true separation from the past era especially with Edison retiring. The reality is it’s a no-win situation taking over for a legend. But in my opinion this era has really been known more for sloppy play, turnovers and penalties over the past several years. Especially in big games where a near perfect execution is what it will take to be competitive if you even have a chance to win the game (see past few SBG’s and the early holes as a result of miscues).

I really don’t know if this is an aberration or the future of where Norcal football is heading. Personally think Folsom can use it as a springboard to actually expand their program and take the next step, to an elite status.

DLS, well let’s face it the basic blueprint which is still better than probably 98% of high school teams is still there. But IMO this is a cross roads for the program. Is this year going to be the new norm where they might be the third of fourth best team in Norcal or is this year a one off aberration? Again the sky is not falling, they are still a great program, but right now they are not elite Nationally or even in their own backyard. This might be the chance for the Alambaugh staff to maybe separate themselves from the Lad era and create his own identity.

Do they stick with the veer? I don’t know. But I don’t think that is totally been the problem, it’s been their overall execution and precision which were their former strengths. That points back to coaching and preparing players those are mental mistakes not physical and. That is something that can be controlled and set by a staff. This year could actually be a blessing for DLS as dumb as that sounds. Goes back to getting your dick knocked in the dirt, it happened to them not once this year but a few times. Just as I pointed out the aFolsom staff using losing to their advantage in learning from it now it’s on the De La Salle staff they are the ones looking up I’ll be curious to follow how they respond.

Last edited:
Didn’t see any of the game, of course the one I do t watch is finally a good competitive game (other 14-0 a few years ago was also a good game).

Pretty impressive for Folsom to find on a run they have the last few weeks. To me that points to coaching and adaptability and ability to make adjustments. Richardson and Taylor are really good coaches, but I think when they were at Folsom they didn’t know what to or refused to adjust in the games against DLS and the results were not good. The well we go for it on 4th and whatever from our own 5 all year against inferior opponent so we will keep doing it against DLS didn’t work. Doherty seems like he has learned from past games. I think @thun

Taylor and Richardson didn’t have the talent on the lines they typically have nowadays. They surely didn’t in 2012 and 2013. Browning didn’t have half the time Tremain had last night in those games. And DLS had Austin Hooper.

They did have stellar lines in 2014 and 2015 but didn’t get to play the Spartans. Taylor departed after that.

Like DLS, it took a while for Folsom‘s winning ways to build to the level it is at now. The size and ability on the lines is the most notable difference from 12 years ago through today.

That’s the biggest reason Folsom struggled against DLS, not because of Taylor and Richardson’s coaching. They’re Jimmy Johnson of the Cowboys while Doherty is Barry Switzer inheriting a ready-made program that’s attracting more talent than ever before.

Same goes for Justin Alumbaugh at DLS. He’s no Ladouceur.

Taylor and Richardson didn’t have the talent on the lines they typically have nowadays. They surely didn’t in 2012 and 2013. Browning didn’t have half the time Tremain had last night in those games. And DLS had Austin Hooper.

They did have stellar lines in 2014 and 2015 but didn’t get to play the Spartans. Taylor departed after that.

Like DLS, it took a while for Folsom‘s winning ways to build to the level it is at now. The size and ability on the lines is the most notable difference from 12 years ago through today.

That’s the biggest reason Folsom struggled against DLS, not because of Taylor and Richardson’s coaching. They’re Jimmy Johnson of the Cowboys while Doherty is Barry Switzer inheriting a ready-made program that’s attracting more talent than ever before.

Same goes for Justin Alumbaugh at DLS. He’s no Ladouceur.
Jesus, my fat thumb sent that while still writing and I went to edit within seconds. Easy there quick draw. It’s now competed :D

Reactions: ThunderRam
Didn’t see any of the game, of course the one I dont watch is finally a good competitive game (other 14-0 a few years ago was also a good game).

Pretty impressive for Folsom to find on a run they have the last few weeks. To me that points to coaching and adaptability and ability to make adjustments. Richardson and Taylor are really good coaches, but I think when they were at Folsom they didn’t know what to or refused to adjust in the games against DLS and the results were not good. The well we go for it on 4th and whatever from our own 5 all year against inferior opponent so we will keep doing it against DLS didn’t work. Doherty seems like he has learned from past games. I think @ThunderRam has pointed out challenging yourself with a tough schedule. I full wholeheartedly agree, it’s actually good to get your dick knocked in the dirt. But the caveat is only if you use it as a chance for learning and coaching experience and take it as a look in the mirror to improve yourself. It looks like the current staff at Folsom has done that. Congrats to them and good luck. It was earned on the field and in the coaching room leading up to the game and during the game.

DLS? Well when I was briefly checking in with updates last night I see trick play and onside kick early in the game. To me that is always a tell that a coach actually is going into the game feeling his team is the underdog. I remember Lad doing it in the first STA matchup and right there that told me all I needed to know about how he felt about that match up. I do remember Bill Walsh actually being a proponent of a trick play in games early even after taking the lead. He actually thought if done at the right moment it could be a knockout blow, But I think 9 times out of 10 it’s more of a desperation move. Again this points to me thinking that Almbaugh and the staff didn’t like their match up going into this game.

The De La Sae staff is still very good, but it sounds like this year was the true separation from the past era especially with Edison retiring. The reality is it’s a no-win situation taking over for a legend. But in my opinion this era has really been known more for sloppy play, turnovers and penalties over the past several years. Especially in big games where a near perfect execution is what it will take to be competitive if you even have a chance to win the game (see past few SBG’s and the early holes as a result of miscues).

I really don’t know if this is an aberration or the future of where Norcal football is heading. Personally think Folsom can use it as a springboard to actually expand their program and take the next step, to an elite status.

DLS, well let’s face it the basic blueprint which is still better than probably 98% of high school teams is still there. But IMO this is a cross roads for the program. Is this year going to be the new norm where they might be the third of fourth best team in Norcal or is this year a one off aberration? Again the sky is not falling, they are still a great program, but right now they are not elite Nationally or even in their own backyard. This might be the chance for the Alambaugh staff to maybe separate themselves from the Lad era and create his own identity.

Do they stick with the veer? I don’t know. But I don’t think that is totally been the problem, it’s been their overall execution and precision which were their former strengths. That points back to coaching and preparing players those are mental mistakes not physical and. That is something that can be controlled and set by a staff. This year could actually be a blessing for DLS as dumb as that sounds. Goes back to getting your dick knocked in the dirt, it happened to them not once this year but a few times. Just as I pointed out the foursome staff using losing to their advantage in learning from it now it’s on the De La Salle staff they are the ones looking up work I’ll be curious to follow how they respond.
Another good post. I think we are heading into next season with the first real discussion of who starts at #1 and that is good for the region.

Real tough to tell if Berry made it in, only thing I didn’t like was the fist bump from the white hat to the Folsom player after it was over. Makes one have to wonder. Not a good look.

Seemed to be some real good games last night.

I figured the MC vs Escalon would be tight. Eski always seems to do well this time of year. I hope the MC QB is healthy for next week, fun player to watch.

Reactions: MC415
Salesian 30 Aragon 28 at halftime no defense being played and Salesian went 0-4 in 2 pt conversions and missed a PAT they must have the worst kicking game in California, was shocking to see such low level kicking……maybe injured kicker ?

Real tough to tell if Berry made it in, only thing I didn’t like was the fist bump from the white hat to the Folsom player after it was over. Makes one have to wonder. Not a good look.
FWIW, the white hat was from Oakland Section. (His style may be a little different than most.) In fact, all sections were probably represented. This being the premier NorCal bowl game, you can be assured the crew was CIF chosen based on performance all season. They are graded just like the pros and only the best get the invite. With 7 man instead of 5, there's more attention paid to infractions and some calls represented that. Savvy coaches know the mechanics of the 7 crew and coach up the players, or at least they should. deLa was offsides on their kickoff once and more impactful, Folsom D lined up in the neutral zone on a 4th and 7 with sparty in P formation. Dead, deLa went for it instead ...

p.s. I knew Sabreda and Bryson would cover the second half. Even the EMTs stayed in their truck with the briskness only coming out when Anzar was crushed following a catch in Q2. He's their #2 WR. I don't know if he returned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT