ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal First Round Scores

That University/Jesuit game was NUTS!

One of the most amazing shooting exhibitions I've ever watched.

Folsom we all know. #2 seed was a gift and not deserved.
They should have had a road game at best. Great win for SHP.

Jesuits lack of defense and rebounding caught up to them and they met a team that offensively was better. Incredible win for university.

@ayalar09 , I think Salesian is too well coached and too athletic for university. It’s a completely different animal than Jesuit. Look for a game in low 50’s with Salesian winning by 8-10.

Also think SRV beats SHP.

How about granite bay and Whitney! 2 pretty medicore teams this year getting it done.
Even if they were gifted the two seed, it seemed like Sacramento had a big 3 this year that have all shown well outside of the section at different times. For Folsom and Jesuit to both be one and done at home isn’t good for that area

Even if they were gifted the two seed, it seemed like Sacramento had a big 3 this year that have all shown well outside of the section at different times. For Folsom and Jesuit to both be one and done at home isn’t good for that area
Most don’t know this but Folsom lost key asst coach during league. (Mills) Been with wall for at least decade +. Great x and o coach. Huge loss for them. Got in some riff during DO game and departed ways. Too bad.

Jesuits inability to defend and rebound caught up to them

Salesian v University is going to be interesting. Got my first look at Salesian last night and they come at you in waves with tight man-to-man defensive pressure. Wonder how the Uni guards will handle all that pressure - it'll be the key to the game IMO. Uni might have a bit of a size advantage and match up against Kennedy is going to be a challenge for Salesian but they have both length and strength to offset that. Seriously doubt Uni is going to put up 52 in a half against Salesian. I would expect the winner of this game to be in the high 50s or low 60s.

Reactions: ayalar09
Salesian v University is going to be interesting. Got my first look at Salesian last night and they come at you in waves with tight man-to-man defensive pressure. Wonder how the Uni guards will handle all that pressure - it'll be the key to the game IMO. Uni might have a bit of a size advantage and match up against Kennedy is going to be a challenge for Salesian but they have both length and strength to offset that. Seriously doubt Uni is going to put up 52 in a half against Salesian. I would expect the winner of this game to be in the high 50s or low 60s.
Tall task for university. Salesian has given up average of 44ppg last 5 games. I don’t see this one out of 50’s.
But I see a very good game but advantage to Salesian.

So... Uni scored 52 in the first half yesterday... are ya betting the over or the under on that 52 for the full game tomorrow?

My guess is the over, but not by a whole lot...

So... Uni scored 52 in the first half yesterday... are ya betting the over or the under on that 52 for the full game tomorrow?

My guess is the over, but not by a whole lot...
57-52 Salesian. Jesuit doesn’t guard anybody and my bet is they looked past Univ.
Salesian is lock down and scoring 52 will not come easy.

University will score 52, Salesian will have 20 more possessions than they normally have in tomorrow's game.

University will score 52, Salesian will have 20 more possessions than they normally have in tomorrow's game.
IF University is loose with the ball THEN Salesian will run and light up the scoreboard. From what I saw yesterday though against Serra - Salesian is beatable. University beat 3 WCAL teams this year plus SHP so they're no joke.

Tough night for Sacramento area teams with Folsom, Jesuit and Sacramento losing at home. Also tough night for the DAL with Campo, Clayton Valley and Las Lomas all bring one and done.
The EBAL is now 4-1 (all on the road) after DLS upended Mitty in Open play tonight. Dougherty Valley is also still alive but had a bye tonight.

Cal (14) upset Sacto (3)
SRV (10) upset Clovis North (7)
Granada (9) beat SHC (8)
Only Dublin (12) lost to Inderkum (5)

Pretends to be shocked.. meanwhile Inderkum doesn’t get to host a second round game because of the section’s infatuation with big money big empty gym Folsom
We run that exact same play (stole it from Hurley at St. Anthony's). Sent the link to my AC and he pointed out Folsom was in a zone. How do the leave the middle of the paint wide open. Gotta be pulling your hair out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT