ADVERTISEMENT

Norcal Open Division

Payac, . Well said. I remember that game when UNLV won, You're right, any given day. All I was doing was giving facts on why I thought SMS is the favorite. we may very well see SHC and SMS play again in a few weeks to put my theory to rest.

Garcia2----- I remember the UNLV- Duke game and if every a game was fixed it was that one. It might have been just to bring the point spread down and turned sour at the end of the game, but it was obvious from the mistakes made by certain soon to be NBA players that the fix was on. I mean a missed dunk to the front of the rim and stupid turnovers at the end of the game? Johnson who was unstoppable in college suspiciously never saw the ball in crunch time. I am loath to accuse any one of tanking due to all the variables that can dictate a game but that one was fixed. Probably only a few players involved but that's all it takes.

Willtalk,

It's funny you say that because I was at a Jive Records Platinum achievement awards/ birthday party for Too Short at the Alexis Park Hotel in Las Vegas not more than a couple of weeks after the second Duke game. I actually spoke to Larry Johnson about the Duke game and he had very little to say. But the big smile on his face as we talked made me wonder.
Larry was a cool cat. So the smile may have just been Larry's personality.

I'm not saying anything was fixed because I dont have any proof of it.

Obviously we have found referees in professional sports who have been found to have cheated. Many people are afraid to admit that corruption does occasionally take place, because they feel it hurts the integrity of the game. But you would have to be kidding yourself if you think all humans are fair and honest.

Paytc

Thanks Garcia2 !

That's why they play the game. It's also what keeps Vegas thriving. I'm not sure how the games will turn out, but if all things were equal SMS should be crowned the champs. They are a very talented team.

Paytc

Garcia2

I was also at that game. I'm not sure what you mean SMS was up 20 and decided to relax? What team has a 20 point lead and decides to relax? I guess you'll tell me SI who was up 15 at half time against SHC decided to relax too? Or what about Pinewood? They were up 10 and lost so they decided to relax too? Idk about that comment. SHC is the ONLY team that matches up with SMS's speed, size and depth. I'm sorry SMS doesn't have 10 D1 girls. They may have 5 including the underclassmen but that's about it. I think your talking from a fans perspective and not a basketball perspective. Although SMS is a VERY good team SHC is the hottest team at this time. They played a tough pre-season schedule and it's starting to pay off. All the teams they lost to in the pre-season they are beating right now. Scotts Valley, SI, and Pinewood all beat them early. I think Tom sees a problem down the line against SHC due to the fact that they have already played to that initial fear factor a team may have against that pressure SHC won't have because these same girls have played them 2 years in a row and both ended up close games.

SMS does have a lot of young talent I will give you that but I think SHC's sophomore I'llmari Thomas might be one of the best underclassmen in the state

I think any thing but a Open State championship for SMS is a bust for their season. Just think there first game is on Friday the 13th game. But if they take second with SHC light they might lose because Clayton will have to do more the dribble with one hand to relieve Smith if she gets in foul trouble. One of them 2 was in at all times after the first quarter when McCatchy to advantage when Smith was in foul trouble. If Smith gets in foul trouble with out a health Clayton might be trouble some. Good luck SHC because if Smith not in foul trouble they will win with easy but if Clayton is Health no chance to win that job.

ballersdream

SHC definitely has to cut the head off the snake (Smith). They way SHC's guards have been playing looks like she will have to play some defense that game too so it'll be interesting. I'm willing to be Clayton will have to use that left hand for the entire game this time around :)

Originally posted by Paytc:
Garcia2,

Again yes, SMS are the most talented,deepest,well coached,and the best.

But I recall a year when Larry Johnson played at UNLV and UNLV beat Duke easily by 30 points in the championship game. UNLV was at least 20 points better than Duke was the following year and loss to Duke in the championship. Now I know that's a Las Vegas team and corruption could have played a part , but my point is you still have to cross the goal line to be crowned champions.

SMS are the favorites and I would put my money on them to win, but they don't scare every team.

Some teams realize even SMS is only allowed to put 5 players on the court at a time. Some teams think they have a good 5-8 players that can play with SMS or anyone else. But please don't ask me to name those teams.
happy.r191677.gif

I just imagine there are a few out there?

Good game plans, bad refereeing, foul trouble, and off shooting nights do occasionally happen.

Enjoy the games !

Paytc
True but a couple of things about that Duke team they didn't have the year before. Grant Hill started as a freshman on the team that beat UNLV and his ability to provide a secondary ball handler helped a lot against the Rebels' pressure defense. That Duke team was also a year older and better... and tougher. UNLV had pretty much reached their ceiling as far as improvement, Duke had a lot more space to grow and get better. That extra year of experience was also huge because the team that lost by 30 was pretty young.

By relaxing I mean the coach going deep into the bench while SHC still played their starters. I can bet Tom wont go too deep into his bench unless he's up 40 next game, lol. He knows he cant take SHC too lightly.

After some research, Im 100 correct about 10 D-1 players.
SMS does have 10 D1 players, 10 have been offered or has interest from D-1 schools. Ten of his current players will be offered by D1 schools when it's all said and done. Decosta, Tudor, Angel, Cayton, Smith, Fadal all have offers from D-1 schools. Shipp has signed . Murray, Johnson and Young all have interest. I didn't type 10 because it came to the top of my head or a super fan, there IS 10 D1 players on this team.

Lets not get too deep into a who is going to win debate. Everyone is pitching their coaching advice on how to beat SMS, the only way to beat them is to out play them. Unless SHC can go 10 deep, their chances are slim. We will see for ourselves soon.

bodyguard,

You make an few interesting points. But UNLV was also a year older and had not graduated any of their star players from the year prior. They still had one of the most dominant teams in college history. And it is never about what another team does that entirely tells the story or influences the outcome of a game as much is it is what you do, or don't do. I do recall the body language of UNLV as they walked into the locker room with the halftime lead. And as Willtalk pointed out, their game plan and second half approach was interesting to say the least.

I don't think anyone outside of a die hard Duke fan(and even they had major doubts) thought Duke had a chance to defeat that previously National Championship undefeated UNLV team. So whether the undefeated UNLV Rebals got a phone call, or one of those interesting offers while kicking it in the hot tub, or Duke just rose to the occasion and pulled the upset….

That game confirmed the fact that there are no guaranteed victories. Unless perhaps the NBA has an agenda and you fit into the plan like Lebron James and Dan Gilbert. LOL…… Just kidding
wink.r191677.gif

What is also interesting is that style of play that UNLV used back then with smothering pressing defense and the run and gun show is where I believe SMS got their style of play from, among a few other local teams. RIP Jerry Tarkanian

Paytc

This post was edited on 3/9 7:09 AM by Paytc

If your saying this team goes 10 deep them him going deep into his bench doesn't have anything to do with them losing the lead because they have 10 D1 players right?? A D1 school sending a kid a letter "having interest" isn't offering a scholarship. And I'm sorry there are only 2 D1 players on this team RIGHT NOW and that's DeCosta and Smith. Now if these players get better in the future maybe but right this minute they have 2. Colleges are not offering Freshman D1 scholarships either unless there 6'5 which nobody on this team is. Furthermore it doesn't matter how many D1 players you think they have they can only play 5 at a time. So may the best 5 win!

Please refrain from making statements that you know nothing about. Do your research on actual offers that have been made to girls before making your comments. And by the way, college coaches are A LOT SMARTER than you. Most who post here have an agenda and want to promote their favorites, even if it means slandering or trying to bring down another player or team.

Dagnyhoop

I actually did my research but thank you for your concern and taking the time to respond about what I'm doing. You don't know me or know anything about me to know how smart I am or am not so please keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. It's an OPEN forum and I will post my opinions as I very well please. If you don't have anything meaningful to say or debate about what I post then shut your mouth and keep scrolling. Happy Monday IDIOT!

CityBoy415

I know their are 4 D1 on SMS with offers right now Smith, Clayton, DeCosta, and Tudor. DeCosta is one of the best freshman in the country like last LBP's Clark that heard practicing with USC. Yes College are offering verbal commits because they can sign them until their SR year. The rest of the player are prospects still beside Shipp. Yes Smith is the player to stop but I wont tell you just watch film and it will tell tendencies within the first 5 minutes how there offence runs. If SHC watches the game SMS vs McClatchy will know how to break the press because SMS moved their press back after the first quarter. This should be a good game because the to Freshman Stars on both teams been going at it for years. Good luck to both teams.

Your true colors shown! You are not worth engaging. But thank you, I will have a wonderful Monday!

PS
You do not have facts or research to substantiate your statements.

City,
Please do your research before posting. Two players with offers is quite the estimate, lol. Lets see we have Shipp signed, fadel, Tudor, Johnson, Smith, Decosta, Ar. Johnson( just found this out), and Cayton offered along with Murray and Young drawing interest. That is 10 players that will go D-1 according to my calculations. We now know who is speaking like a fan here. I have no dog in this fight and just typing facts. SMS is the favorite to win State for a reason and it's not because they have only a FEW D-1 players.

Now back to going deep into the bench, it simply meant going down more than 10. All Tom's players are good, just not enough experience for some to handle the big stage. If SMS starters get into foul trouble or get injured, Tom can go deep and keep on trucking. Can you say that about the SHC bench?

Your beloved SHC is a good team, that is proven, but to say they played a harder schedule than SMS is simply not true. Lets see, SMS played LBP, SI, Blackman, Vanden, MC, Sierra Canyon, Kona, Piedmont, BOD, St Francis, McClatchy and your beloved SHC and beat them all with the exception of Blackman. If SMS plays Blackman again, I truly believe they will win. With all this being said, SMS will prove they have more than a few D-1 players in the next few weeks.

Also, SMS has more than a few ball handlers on the team. Taking Smith out is not going to slow them down. SHC will have to hope SMS gets at least six players into foul trouble before anything changes. In my humble opinion, Decosta and Tudor are the biggest threats.
I knew this team was going to special when they beat team Taurasi last year.

SMS record speaks for itself.

Originally posted by Paytc:
bodyguard,

You make an few interesting points. But UNLV was also a year older and had not graduated any of their star players from the year prior. They still had one of the most dominant teams in college history. And it is never about what another team does that entirely tells the story or influences the outcome of a game as much is it is what you do, or don't do. I do recall the body language of UNLV as they walked into the locker room with the halftime lead. And as Willtalk pointed out, their game plan and second half approach was interesting to say the least.

I don't think anyone outside of a die hard Duke fan(and even they had major doubts) thought Duke had a chance to defeat that previously National Championship undefeated UNLV team. So whether the undefeated UNLV Rebals got a phone call, or one of those interesting offers while kicking it in the hot tub, or Duke just rose to the occasion and pulled the upset….

That game confirmed the fact that there are no guaranteed victories. Unless perhaps the NBA has an agenda and you fit into the plan like Lebron James and Dan Gilbert. LOL…… Just kidding
wink.r191677.gif

What is also interesting is that style of play that UNLV used back then with smothering pressing defense and the run and gun show is where I believe SMS got their style of play from, among a few other local teams. RIP Jerry Tarkanian

Paytc

This post was edited on 3/9 7:09 AM by Paytc
I didn't think they had a chance either, but you could see there was a definite difference not just in experience, but in attitude and toughness with that Duke team. I was actually pissed because I wanted UNLV to finish out the first unbeaten season since Indiana in 1975. And Grant Hill made a tremendous difference from the time he had the surprise quick score right off the tip. Down the stretch he was able to pull a forward out by handling the ball at the top and getting dribble penetration for a couple of big baseline plays by Brian Davis. This was a dimension they didn't have the year before.

And yes UNLV was a year older but the difference in improvement between four starters who already won the national title and were in their 5th year (yes four 5th year seniors) in college and a Duke team that had key starters who were freshmen and sophomores the year before is going to vary widely. Duke had a much higher ceiling for improvement than UNLV. Also David Butler was a much better offense post than George Ackles and DUke took advantage of that to help off Ackles onto Larry Johnson. That also made a huge difference from the year before.

Garcia2

Why do you bring up a water down version on team Taurasi because Clayton plays on that team just many other that played with there school that weekend. That not a good example but there are good. Yes if Smith gets in trouble they are in trouble with a hurt Clayton because Tom didn't want her to play that game but need a floor general out there. This not saying the other cant be one but not at this time be honest that's why clayton play with one arm to control the floor. I wont give the secret to what has to be done for SHC to have a chance but without Smith and Clayton the game become easier then with them in the again.

Garcia2 ask KKross if I have you team broke down to a T

Baller,
First, it's not my team. I just know a good team when I see one. Smith and Clayton are not the whole team, They are good, but Two players do not make a championship team. They played together last year and couldn't get past MM. Why? Because Aquira and the bench is the difference this year and that is a fact. You can watch film until you're black and blue, but this team is too good to stop just by knowing their game plan. This team surprises me every game they play. Meaning each game someone different is making plays. SHC will have to stop Aquira on the inside and stop Tudor, Shipp and Murray waiting on the wings. The beauty of SMS is they present a problem inside and out. This team has it all, taking out a few players will not slow down this team. In reality, a team will have to have a game plan to watch Decosta, Shipp, Smith, Tudor, cayton, Smith and Murray all at the same time. I dont think any team can. If Aquira is on a rebounding frenzy and the 3s fall, no one can stop them. SHC will be in trouble if SMS makes 50% oF their FTs. I think Making FTs is the only deficiency SMS has. Maybe SHC can foul them and make them earn their points. Lol

bodyguard,

You could be totally right. But my time spent in Las Vegas will always make me question more than the average cookie.

And I think you could make an argument to support both theories and observations.

Just remember, if you somehow forget everything else you have learned... anywhere there is a lot of money to gain(especially Las Vegas) there is a chance for corruption.

Again the bottom line is there are no guaranteed honest victories.

Paytc

This post was edited on 3/9 12:02 PM by Paytc

Garcia

I know their are a good team but like your said SHC has to stop Decosta getting the ball down and stop Tudor Shipp and Murray on the wings. But if your don't have a General on the floor then all what you are talking about doesn't happen without a enter pass to start the offence. They have guards but not to many generals on the bench they will one day but not right now. Yes this will slow them down if Smith is in fouls trouble because like I said before Clayton is not at or near 100% but give all she can for her team. If Tom was so confident in his other guards to run the show Clayton wont be playing hurt. I jst tell you the truth but in the future them young guards will be ready but just not right now. I wont play Clayton in these games because she has a bright future in college and this is only high. The future is the most important think right now she already prove herself as a good leader. Since SMS so deep he should be able to win without her relieving Smith when in foul trouble.

It's Cayton (Mi'Cole Cayton), not Clayton. I am confident Cayton will be ready for NorCal Open playoffs, at least by the 2nd round. If Decosta stays out of foul trouble, St. Mary's should be just fine. The Lady Ram's bench is just too deep outside of the post position to not have any worry. Even St. Mary's freshman guard Ariel Johnson has some skill and does just fine when she is the game. She is a bit over-shadowed by the others, but Coach has a ton of confidence in all his players.

But tell me this why was Cayton played if she is hurt against McClatchy. Cayton wont be 100% until summer AAU but she has a lot heart to be out there. But good lucky SMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A general is only good as his army. The two players you speak of were there last year and could not get past MM. This team is complete with or without Cayton or Smith. It takes a team not just a few players to keep winning. I to wondered why Tom didn't go deeper into his bench and opted to put an injured Cayton in the last game when he has so many great players. Didn't make sense because moving forward A veteran team will exploit a hurt player like sharks smelling blood. Hopefully Cayton doesn't play hurt next game. They will need her to heal and be healthy for next week's game. He doesn't need an injured player risking it all for a game they are winning. He's the coach and I guess he had a game plan.

This post was edited on 3/9 1:32 PM by Garcia2

I like how the board has already decided the SHC is winning their first round game vs SMB.....

Cayton played a few minutes of the section championship game because "she" wanted to play. Per Coach G, she should be ready for NorCal Regional 1st round. Please refer to the link to the (Stockton) Record article below. I anticipate her minutes will be limited if any. It appears her injury may not appear as severe as some make it out to be. We will have to wait and see.

I have much respect for St. Mary's team physician and his input as to clearance for any of St. Mary's athletes to participate in sports at St. Mary's, including the girls heralded basketball team. Having him involved in the status of my oldest son's participation (who had to skip his senior year of football and wrestling at St. Mary's), I am confident if Cayton and Decosta are in danger of further injury, they will not be playing. These kids are young and it should be no surprise they are more resilient than some of us old folks on this message board. But, indeed "concern" should be on every one's mind, especially those close to these girls.

In any case, I have no doubt Coach G will have his team ready, with or without a couple of his star players. Stay tuned.

GO LADY RAMS!!!

The Record on Lady Rams 2015 section championship

As the parent of Sierra Smith, I will only speak on my kid. My kid is a true point guard, sees the whole floor from end to end, pass first, shoot second, very unselfish (sometimes not a good thing), gets everyone involved, quicker with the ball in her hand than without. Doesn't score much, but ranks first in assists, first in steals, second in rebounds at 5'5, has 18 charges thus far this season,a very smart player, one of the best defenders on any team she's ever played on. We are firm believers in there is no I in team, Sierra's game is a testament to that.
Not sure who you are Garcia2, how many games you have actually been to, or how familiar you really are with this team, but for some reason you feel the need to downplay Sierra's role on the team. Believe me, we're used to it. No doubt SMS would still be good without my kid, but they would not be the same. Have you seen how the tempo of the game changes when Sierra is on the bench? There is a difference. I have had some college coaches, yes D1, say they have never seen a point guard her age (14), a sophomore in high school with the ability to play at her tempo, but still be able to maintain the level of composure she does. She is a floor general, was born to be one on and off the court, as her academic IQ and basketball IQ is wayyy up there. I don't say this to brag, cause most already know. I say this cause I can't believe how people get on here and act like they know these players, but only sat in the stands for a few games.
And FYI, during the MM playoff game last year, Sierra was in big time foul trouble the whole game. When she was in, MM had a very hard time stopping her. Kelly is a good coach, has a good team, and they came ready, not taking anything away from them. I just think the score would have been a little closer had Sierra been able to get more minutes.
On paper, SMS is the best team in the state. That's just my thought. I have played, coached, and studied the game, so I know it takes more than just great players to win a state championship. If we stay healthy/ get healthy, if EVERYONE contributes the way I know they can, if we continue to play as a TEAM, there is no doubt in my mind SMS will be playing at Haas Pavilion.

This post was edited on 3/9 5:10 PM by kkross22

Kris
I did not say anything bad about your daughter. I was just stating how the team is not dependent on one or two people. Matter of fact, I think she is one of the best point guards in her class. She impresses me Every time I see her play. She does speed up the game and SMS is a better team because of her. But, some bozo keeps stating with Sierra or Cayton hurt, SMS will have a hard time winning. I was just stating that the team will keep winning without her. Sierra is one of my favorite players and I respect her game, but SMS has other very good players that can come together if she gets in foul trouble/ gets hurt. Do you agree?

This post was edited on 3/9 6:09 PM by Garcia2

KKross

I agree with about the tempo that your daughter and Cayton brings to SMS because they are floor generals. SMS is deep yes but right now they only have 2 floor generals that control the pace of the game. When them 2 are not in the game the pace changes because the other guards are not ready to take on all that responsibility right this minute but in the future they will be able too. I didn't say SHC will when but with them 2 off the court their chance are better. But first SHC has to get by SMB which I think they will.

Garcia2, when you say a team is complete without 2 of their starters, without their starting point guard, what is nice about that? How can a team, anything at that, be complete without certain components, key components at that? That's all I'm saying. Talent, yes there is plenty of talent on this team, as have been in the past. I have love for all the girls and what they bring to the TEAM. I just don't like it, and believe me many have been saying it, not just you, but I can't stand it when people say oh, she's hurt, but we can play/ win without her, or we're fine without her.
What a lot of people fail to realize is raw talent and athletism does not stand alone, and experience plays a BIG part in being successful/ winning BIG games in the post season. Strictly my opinion, but I think the lack of experience, confidence, the inability to perform under such pressure, played a huge part in loss to MM last year. Remember, Sierra played behind Bri for the first part of the season, so without Bri and without Charise, players who had been there, I will admit the team was unable to hold it together. With that being said, I think talent wise, a lot of these girls are interchangeable, but you can't teach confidence and experience, it comes with time. You take key players out of the equation in the post season, on ANY team, high school, college, or pro, and it's tough for any good team to push through and win. Good example, Brittany Boyd coming out in the first quarter of last night's Pac 12 championship game against Stanford, then coming back in with 4 stitches and not at 100%. The team couldn't pull it together, and Gabby, as good of a player as she is, does not have the experience, college experience, playing in the BIG games, couldn't perform.

This post was edited on 3/9 7:50 PM by kkross22

Snacks5-------My thoughts exactly, but going to keep my mouth shut until after the game.

When Clay brought up Cal Stars and I address it. Don't bring thinks up that you don't want me to talk about. No I don't pick on kids at all but when someone is hyping them up need back it with facts not fiction. Only when I talk against the grain people what to say some think. Is this forum for only the in circle of they so call people the want to hype teams and players up but can back up their facts. No player is prefect but so are closer the others.

>> As the parent of Sierra Smith, I will only speak on my kid.
>> The team couldn't pull it together, and Gabby, as good of a player as she is, ..., couldn't perform.

That didn't take long did it?

No shade towards Gabby, believe me. People always trying to start drama where there is none!!! I was just giving an example, a good example, of how a normally great player, can some times fold, under pressure, that they're not used to being under. It happens in high school, it happens in college, and it happens in the pros. You take freshmen and rookies, put them on the forefront, at the next level, which they're not used to playing, and sometimes it's too much. NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE IS INFALLIBLE!!
That was my kid last year, believe me, I saw her confidence diminish. I saw her play out of character many of games, saw the disappointment on her face, wiped away the tears, and had to help pick her back up. This year, was totally different, she had to step up, and she has. Gabby will do the same next year. So please, stop with all the drama!!!!
This post was edited on 3/9 7:41 PM by kkross22

This post was edited on 3/9 7:47 PM by kkross22

Dont be so sensitive, I did not say anything negative about Your daughter. If you read closely, you will see I said nothing but good things about her. Just because I dont think SMS will lose much by losing Sierra you assume I'm talking about her.

Im not going into a heated debate about how good your daughter is. Yes, she is good, yes she is a starter, but she is not the entire team. Like I mentioned before, a general is only as good as their army. No matter the IQ, speed, tempo, if a great pg is on a bad team, they dont look as good ( unless you're AMac, she is a different breed). If she didn't have the athletic, skilled players on her team , she will have a hard time winning no matter how great she is. Until Sierra carries her team on her back like AMac, AR and SI, I will say she needs the team JUST AS much as they need her. I give Sierra a lot of credit, but I'm also giving credit to the other players too. Answer this, could Sierra take Brookside, BOD and MM to state with their current team if she was their pg not AMac, SI or AR.

It's a TEAM effort.

Gabby and Cal still have time the season
is not over....they will probably be playing a few more games this year
She did make the all freshman team for the Pac-12...

Just because she didn't have a great game yesterday
most of the players didn't play well except for
Greenfield who I really like....she played like a senior....

Just like Gabby will in the future

Garcia2, I am far from sensitive.I just don't think you really get where I am coming from. I don't need anyone to praise Sierra, to tell me, her, or anyone else how good she is. Her existence, talent, or lack thereof, as some may think is not validated on this forum.
You're right in saying one thing, it's about the TEAM! If you're really about the TEAM, there's really no reason to speak on anything anybody else has to say which contradicts a TEAM effort. In the end, every TEAM is going to speak for itself.

jvilla, I feel you! I tell my kid, count no one out in the post season!!! Every team is coming to play, every game! Doesn't matter what your record is, who you've played, how much talent you have, how many supposed D1 recruits you have. Stay humble, stay hungry, come to play every game like it's your last, cause it just might be. That goes for EVERY TEAM!!! Cause the minute you walk into a game thinking you have it, like you don't have to put out 110%, is when you will most likely see yourself done for the season.

Good luck to the teams who made it to the Open Division!!! Good luck to ALL the teams who made it to the playoffs! Let the games begin!!!!

Jazz, I know Cal's season is not over. The point I was trying to make is this was a championship game, and with that comes a lot more pressure than a normal game. Last night's game does not define the player Gabby is, I was just using her as an example. Once again, no shade people. I am not anti-Gabby.
What you said Jazz, about nobody playing well, only strengthens my point that if you take out a key component, things start falling apart.

Garcia2

Ok so here we go. Shipp has not signed D1she is going to a DII school (Cal State Stanislaus). So that's one to cross off the list. Tudor has been offered, Smith and Cayton are 3 star recruits so most likely will get a low D1 offers (but haven't been officially offered anything yet) and although Decosta hasn't been offered (it's illegal to offer any freshman scholarships) she will end up being the best they've had in a long time. So if we include the DII signing of Shipp and Tudor being offered that's OFFICIALLY 2. I'm not going by verbal offers I'm going by what's actually on paper. So unless you can show me somewhere where it's stated that a school has offered these girls then all you have to go by is word of mouth and speculation.

Back to the game.....you said the KEY word EXPERIENCE which SMS doesn't have enough of and they haven't played a tough enough schedule as of late for them to have gained any close game experience. If Smith or Cayden gets in any type of foul trouble there done. And yes I can also say that SHC's bench goes a SOLID 8 deep with 6 seniors and a sophomore STUDD in I'lmari Thomas.

Back to the schedule....

First of all let's settle what a good team is and isn't and Piedmont should be in any conversation when it comes to strength of schedule not should St.Francis or McClatchy. I'll give you SI, Blackman, Vanden BOD and LBP and none of those were recent. Let's see SHC has played SI 3 times Top 25 (won twice beat them in the CCS semis), Mitty twice Top 25 (won the last meeting), Pinewood twice Top 25 (beat them in the open CCS), Scotts Valley Tope 25 (twice beat them in the CCS open), BOD twice Tope 25 (split with them), Vista Murietta beat by 16 (14th state 28th nation on max preps), SMS #3 in the nation lost by 6, South Medford #1 Team out of Oregon, Salesian #3 Seed in the Open, beat Brookside Christian (Many thought should be an open division team), Oregon City #2 team in Oregon. Now how in your right mind do you think SMS played a tougher schedule than SHC?! Not to mention the WCAL is and has been the toughest league in the state for a number of years.

I haven't seen Blackman play but SMS better worry about SHC first then SI, AND Chaminade. All teams that match up with them better than anybody else.

kkross22

your are absolutely 110% CORRECT. I think with out Sierra on the floor this team is going DOWN fast! I've watched just about every good team in the state play this year and she is the best pg I've seen in her class and definitely at the top of the list in the state. She makes that team go and is the key if any to beating them. I think the only teams that match up to them are SHC, SI, and Chaminade. Salesian would play them tough at the guard and wings but are to small inside. It's definitely going to be an interesting next 3 weeks and Sierra will have a chance to put her name at the top of everyones list by the time its said and done. I'm looking forward to it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT