ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Open Semis

SMS home stand fans yelling all night against the refs, Coach G yelling at the refs, and most of all Pinewood's hot 3 point shooting just got into the heads of the SMS coaches and the players to the point they just lost their composure. Pinewood played with great composure, confidence, and were too much tonight for SMS to handle. Great game by Pinewood! Much Congrats!

Tom is a prima donna...
remember Bside beat this Pwood team on a neutral court.....

I wonder what we do with this...it is like a week old!!!!!

CdEw3J_UsAAvBs4.jpg

A great, great win for Doc -- and another endorsement of having everyone shoot threes.

About the refs: Good, bad or indifferent, when coaches and fans start screaming at the officials, it affects the players. When the players feel that they are being treated unfairly, often a) their emotions take them out of their game; and b) they give themselves an excuse to lose.

The better team is much better off never complaining about officiating and just letting the players play.

props to Cal-Hi sports on waiting until AFTER the season to give out their awards!!!

Never a good idea to premature speculate for awards...let the season play out.

So one loss in almost two years does not warrant coach of the year?

What they should do is not let any team sneak up in the rankings because they win a state division title, that is was Cal Hi Sports in infamous for. I would not be surprised to see CN jump Salesian in the final Cal Hi polls if they make it to the state championship game.

A great, great win for Doc -- and another endorsement of having everyone shoot threes.

About the refs: Good, bad or indifferent, when coaches and fans start screaming at the officials, it affects the players. When the players feel that they are being treated unfairly, often a) their emotions take them out of their game; and b) they give themselves an excuse to lose.

The better team is much better off never complaining about officiating and just letting the players play.
Agree! That is exactly what happened.

Officials for NorCal are mainly by association but there are a few crews that are mixed. One of the restrictions by CIF for NorCal games is they do not assign officials for teams that their association works during the regular season. You can work for a school within the same section just not a school that your local association covers during the season. Which means for NorCal official's there is a lot of long drives for Nor Cal games but that is part of fun and honor of working those games.

Any news on Cardinal Newman game? They spanked SHP 69-32. Sounds like they are on a march toward the state title game.

Refs are by association, not section I think the refs were from the Golden Gate Association, which does serve NCS

I personally know all 3 refs that did that game. And they are all in the North Bay Officials Association and ref in the North Bay, mostly doing SCL, NBL and MCAL games. The assoc. comes out of the NCS. There is no conspiracy...they are from outside of Pinewood's and SMS's sections.

Last edited:
So one loss in almost two years does not warrant coach of the year?

What they should do is not let any team sneak up in the rankings because they win a state division title, that is was Cal Hi Sports in infamous for. I would not be surprised to see CN jump Salesian in the final Cal Hi polls if they make it to the state championship game.

CN wont jump Salesian. They aren't even ranked in the top 20. If CN was to go on and win a state title they MIGHT sneak into the top 20 at somewhere around the 17-20 range. But even then, at this point, no one who is still playing really cares about rankings...its about getting that special banner on the wall.

Any news on Cardinal Newman game? They spanked SHP 69-32. Sounds like they are on a march toward the state title game.

hi Larry...

am I going to see you Saturday at American Canyon HS? game time 2pm.

The CN girls shot the lights out of the ball...hitting 7 3's in the 3rd quarter alone. They were as active as Ive seen them in awhile on the boards(not just the bigs) getting numerous offensive rebounds and put backs. They were very focused.
They play a well known opponent next vs. Menlo who they opened the season against in the Cardinal Newman classic.
The 2 teams have played each other numerous times over the last 3 years in AAU and HS. No surprises.
Menlo's best player is Sam Erisman who is a good, talented, tough guard with heart who will be playing college somewhere at the next level. Coach Paye will have CN well scouted and I expect Menlo to bring it.

Last edited:
Guru- Next week at the state finals! I'm looking ahead.... Maybe a bad idea considering what happened with the Pinewood / St Mary's game. I can't come this weekend unfortunately. So nice to see how well this program has come in such a short time. Sounds like Flores was on fire!

Thx for the update!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT