ADVERTISEMENT

North / South State Bowl Games Tally

Cowboy senior class next season is stacked. One of their stronger classes. Their top RB a junior was injured early in the season and will be back and top WRs/Safety (a D1 prospect) was also injured and out early in the season. They will also have a very good line and QB good to boot. Zenk has had the Cowboys play good on the defensive side of the ball as well. They will be the class of the Gab next season and are expected to be better next season.
We’ll see. By my count they’re losing 15 starters & 39 seniors. And their last 2 freshman classes have not been good.

They’re always gonna be good, but i’d be really surprised if they were better.

At Soquel we’re returning 17 starters, 4/5 of our o-line, our SOPH QB. And our frosh program is
16-2 over the last 2 years.

I pay attention to the frosh classes cuz JV can be really misleading. Smaller programs like ours pull up a lot of SOPH. We had like SOPH starting on V this year.

I do expect us & Salinas to fight for the title. Monterey is returning some blue chip guys and have a good thing going. But not sure they have the depth. Especially in the trenches.
Palma will be really young but solid.

I think HOL & Aptos could be in trouble. Graduating blue chip guys and their lower levels have not been great. Plus Blankenship left of course.

Reactions: FBAddict
We’ll see. By my count they’re losing 15 starters & 39 seniors. And their last 2 freshman classes have not been good.

They’re always gonna be good, but i’d be really surprised if they were better.

At Soquel we’re returning 17 starters, 4/5 of our o-line, our SOPH QB. And our frosh program is
16-2 over the last 2 years.

I pay attention to the frosh classes cuz JV can be really misleading. Smaller programs like ours pull up a lot of SOPH. We had like SOPH starting on V this year.

I do expect us & Salinas to fight for the title. Monterey is returning some blue chip guys and have a good thing going. But not sure they have the depth. Especially in the trenches.
Palma will be really young but solid.

I think HOL & Aptos could be in trouble. Graduating blue chip guys and their lower levels have not been great. Plus Blankenship left of course.
I do to as far as pay attention of frosh classes,but Salinas has some up as early as soph and they are usually senior dominated at starters. They reload but seniors are especially talented in this class. Salinas defeated Soquel handily and had two of their top major impact players both juniors not in the game. Monterey will miss their RB that graduates but have a very good QB and WR that will be even better but probably similar strength this season. Palma frosh class this season was very strong and 8th grade at least those in the school should be relatively strong and when they have two strong classes will compete at the top. Give them a year and they will start to move to the top tier in the league. They will be down next season. Hollister never does real well as underclass but probably down middle of the pack next season. Soquel could compete at the top, but I pick #2. Palma will have young talent but they will have to be ball control offense that probably won't have big play skill players other than Dukes and maybe another soph RB. Defense should be pretty good and line will have some experience upand willget bigger.

Last edited:
I'm satisfied with the results. And have no problem with calling Norcal the Champs of the State. Down here my only small grievance is Cent10. These guys get the shaft and tough draw every year. Defeat not 1.
Most years they gotta defeat both MD and Bosco. And then hope to stay healthy running into state. But that's small. I'm satisfied with the results as is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT