ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Thread

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Thought I had started one earlier, but will do it now to track offers as they come in this summer

Vanden 2024 guard Tyler Thompson has been offered by Cal State East Bay

Reactions: coachlittle
Thought I had started one earlier, but will do it now to track offers as they come in this summer

Vanden 2024 guard Tyler Thompson has been offered by Cal State East Bay
First off congrats to the man on thr offer but what am I missing with him? He appears to have the size and skill set to have a bunch of d1 offers but is barely getting d2 offers.

Reactions: dcfan
Blame it on the portal. Many colleges didn’t even send coaches to the spring viewing periods because they were hosting portal kids. 10 years ago Thompson has 10+ offers by now.

Reactions: CoachDViks
if he has a big summer for his aau team and they play at elite tournaments... he will get more offers.

He was injured for quite a few games last year, so he missed out on some opportunities to be seen, also. That can be made up with what the ankle man said…

First off congrats to the man on thr offer but what am I missing with him? He appears to have the size and skill set to have a bunch of d1 offers but is barely getting d2 offers.
As has been said, I think injuries as a junior and the lack of emphasis on HS recruiting has slowed his recruitment. But I agree that he seems to check a lot of boxes

San Jose State and Cal State Northridge are recent offers for Branson 2025 PG Semetri Carr

Branson 2024 guard Jase Butler has added offers from UC Davis and Cal Baptist.

De La Salle 2025 wing Alec Blair has been offered by Cal

San Jose State and Cal State Northridge are recent offers for Branson 2025 PG Semetri Carr

Branson 2024 guard Jase Butler has added offers from UC Davis and Cal Baptist.

De La Salle 2025 wing Alec Blair has been offered by Cal
Blair offered by Cal is a bit of a stretch IMO. The kid can play, but not sure if he's proven to be that level at this point. Shooting, athleticism??? Shows why Cal has been in the position they've been as of late.

Reactions: dcfan
Blair offered by Cal is a bit of a stretch IMO. The kid can play, but not sure if he's proven to be that level at this point. Shooting, athleticism??? Shows why Cal has been in the position they've been as of late.
I’m a little on fence but the more I think about it he has a lot to offer.
6”7 combo wing who is long and versatile
Left handed and this creates some quirkiness in his favor
Flat out winner who has played on a big stage since fresh year.
Not a freak athlete but he certainly isn’t unathletic
Will continue to develop range. He’s only going into Jr year.
More offers will come after this season.
Mad dog has to get some local talent and energy.

IMO this is a good offer for Cal. They have to start making in roads locally (their advantage is getting in early on kids) and Blair has certainly shown to be in the category of 2025s in NorCal you would want to be in early on for Cal.

He’s a top 50 player nationally in his class so not a stretch at all. He does need to improve his shooting but his positional size and athletic ability is excellent.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
IMO this is a good offer for Cal. They have to start making in roads locally (their advantage is getting in early on kids) and Blair has certainly shown to be in the category of 2025s in NorCal you would want to be in early on for Cal.

I don’t think making local inroads is as important anymore, what really can change a program is being strong in the Portal especially if you can grab multi years eligibility guys…….Madsen instantly with his transfers to Cal has a team that’s going to win 12-15 games more next year

I don’t think making local inroads is as important anymore, what really can change a program is being strong in the Portal especially if you can grab multi years eligibility guys…….Madsen instantly with his transfers to Cal has a team that’s going to win 12-15 games more next year
I agree on that front. College basketball is all about the portal.

The Portal can help Cal. But if you looking at high school kids, then they need players like the kid from Prolific Prep. Tyrion Stokes. Thats a kid that should be attending a school of that level. Just my opinion. He's a Pac 12 level player.

The Portal can help Cal. But if you looking at high school kids, then they need players like the kid from Prolific Prep. Tyrion Stokes. Thats a kid that should be attending a school of that level. Just my opinion. He's a Pac 12 level player.
The number 2 ranked player in the country? Yeah he might consider duke or Kentucky I don’t think cal has much of a chance.

he is from louisville.... there is no chance he is going to Cal.

Reactions: ayalar09 and MC415
Agreed on the portal. But I do think being good in your area/state helps create a floor if you start to lose the transfer game. San Diego State was a good example thing year of marrying in state recruiting and adding key transfers

Agreed on the portal. But I do think being good in your area/state helps create a floor if you start to lose the transfer game. San Diego State was a good example thing year of marrying in state recruiting and adding key transfers
True and both of Cal prep signees are from California so looks Madsen didn’t forget about that

Portal slows down after the extra year players dwindle out of eligibility. Then programs like LMU who have gone the opposite and recruited high school winners equates to wins in three years. Portal can kill you if you choose the wrong players.

With NIL money the portal ain’t slowing down anytime soon, it’s free agency every year

Perspective: NIL money is for a few, not for the mass. Facts

My friend runs a NIL collective for a mid level D1 team and that’s not true every transfer they got, got significant $$$$ so can only imagine at a Power 5 school what they are getting…..not a single transfer they got came for “free”
Facts

Portal slows down after the extra year players dwindle out of eligibility. Then programs like LMU who have gone the opposite and recruited high school winners equates to wins in three years. Portal can kill you if you choose the wrong players.
LMU isnt winning anything with high school players they recruit. not even in the weak conference they play in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT