ADVERTISEMENT

Offer Thread

My friend runs a NIL collective for a mid level D1 team and that’s not true every transfer they got, got significant $$$$ so can only imagine at a Power 5 school what they are getting…..not a single transfer they got came for “free”
Facts
Not buying it at all. It’s like everything else in business and life. The top ones get 80%+ of the pie and the remainder share crumbs. Ain’t nobody getting rich playing at middle tenn state.

The Portal can help Cal. But if you looking at high school kids, then they need players like the kid from Prolific Prep. Tyrion Stokes. Thats a kid that should be attending a school of that level. Just my opinion. He's a Pac 12 level player.

First of all get his name right. It’s Tyran Stokes. Imagine calling Lebron Lebarion.

Cal isn’t even going to try and recruit him.

Now people saying Alex Blair isn’t worthy of a Cal scholarship, obviously doesn’t know basketball.

My personal opinion: in the 2025 MLB Draft he will go in the first five rounds. And all this scholarship talk will be for not, because he will get an over slot bonus.

Not buying it at all. It’s like everything else in business and life. The top ones get 80%+ of the pie and the remainder share crumbs. Ain’t nobody getting rich playing at middle tenn state.

We aren’t talking about Middle Tennessee State…..but since my knowledge is first hand I am buying it that these kids are getting enough to move schools and have a decent time at their new school with some cash in their pocket

but when you come from nothing... rich is relative. and considering they played for free up until recently... its a win

Reactions: MC415
Until people start to see 1099’s with received benefits it’s all smoke and mirrors. If it’s truly real lots of kids are going to have major issues with the IRS.

Reactions: M.C. fan
lmaooooooooo... they arent actual private contractors.
i mean there are some real smart people who thought this thing out before it became an actual thing.

Isn't Blair a pretty good baseball player also?
Yes, and he’s got a boatload of D1 baseball offers already. Several SEC schools among them. He considers baseball his primary sport and will likely be a high draft pick out of HS. I’d love to see him play hoops at Cal or some other D1 school, but he’ll most likely be on the diamond.

Reactions: Streak One
Yes, and he’s got a boatload of D1 baseball offers already. Several SEC schools among them. He considers baseball his primary sport and will likely be a high draft pick out of HS. I’d love to see him play hoops at Cal or some other D1 school, but he’ll most likely be on the diamond.
Sounds a little like Matt Manning (Sheldon from a few years ago). Was a D1 level basketball prospect, but ended up going Top 10 in the MLB draft

Reactions: observer22
Sounds a little like Matt Manning (Sheldon from a few years ago). Was a D1 level basketball prospect, but ended up going Top 10 in the MLB draft
Blair is a much better hoop player than Manning ever was. Not even close. However, Manning was a better baseball prospect. Legit 97-98 mph fastball in hs.

lmaooooooooo... they arent actual private contractors.
i mean there are some real smart people who thought this thing out before it became an actual thing.
You are just not very smart. I do this for a living.
They will have to declare monetary (cash) and non monetary (gifts). They are absolutely independent contractors for taxation. IRS is going to have a field day because most of these parents and kids have no idea.

You are just not very smart. I do this for a living.
They will have to declare monetary (cash) and non monetary (gifts). They are absolutely independent contractors for taxation. IRS is going to have a field day because most of these parents and kids have no idea.
again, the ncaa and the universities have thought this out. i live in it. there are TONS of compliance officers at the universities. Sure, some will be lost, but regular people are lost on taxes as well.

Blair is a much better hoop player than Manning ever was. Not even close. However, Manning was a better baseball prospect. Legit 97-98 mph fastball in hs.
That's why I said a little like LOL. Matt Manning is the only one I can think of that was a legit college prospect in basketball and baseball

Reactions: ayalar09
Salesian 2024 guard Amani Johnson has been offered by Cal State East Bay

Branson 2025 PG Semetri Carr has been offered by Wichita State.

Modesto Christian 2026 guard Myles Jones has been offered by Western Illinois

Reactions: larry legend33
Zion Sensley recently announced his top 5

LSU, Alabama, ASU, St. Mary’s and the dark horse Hawaii!

Have to say if I’m a Cal fan, gotta be pretty bummed.

LSU and Bama probably biggest NIL opportunities with ASU not super far behind

St Mary’s….the local/hometown team

Hawaii…..two words Rob Jones

Hawaii….two words: Julian Sensley (father starred for the ‘Bows)

Jase Butler has added offers from Hawaii and Wyoming

Salesian's Aaron Claytor has been offered by Sam Houston

Vanden 2024 guard Jayden Robinson has been offered by Puget Sound.

Inderkum 2023 guard Isaiah Chandavong has committed to Dominican.

Jase Butler has added offers from Hawaii and Wyoming

Salesian's Aaron Claytor has been offered by Sam Houston

Vanden 2024 guard Jayden Robinson has been offered by Puget Sound.

Inderkum 2023 guard Isaiah Chandavong has committed to Dominican.
Cole Epperson (24) of Jesuit high school received offers from Air Force and UC Davis.

Reactions: Streak One
A few weeks ago, at the June scrimmages, I saw Jesuit play without Epperson there... Happened to run across the Jesuit coach on the way out and asked where Epperson was.

He told me that Cole was visiting Air Force.

I said, "That would be a good fit... He's already used to flyin'!"

A few weeks ago, at the June scrimmages, I saw Jesuit play without Epperson there... Happened to run across the Jesuit coach on the way out and asked where Epperson was.

He told me that Cole was visiting Air Force.

I said, "That would be a good fit... He's already used to flyin'!"
That’s great but I would jump on that UCD offer. Great coach, great school, good facilities, and solid program that he could play in. I noticed Roberson (cal/O’Dowd) and Sevilla (Dougherty valley) are on roster now. I’m assuming Sevilla is a PWO?

Last edited:

First of all get his name right. It’s Tyran Stokes. Imagine calling Lebron Lebarion.

Cal isn’t even going to try and recruit him.

Now people saying Alex Blair isn’t worthy of a Cal scholarship, obviously doesn’t know basketball.

My personal opinion: in the 2025 MLB Draft he will go in the first five rounds. And all this scholarship talk will be for not, because he will get an over slot bonus.
Sorry boss. I actually do know basketball! The kid is ok, in my opinion. Nothing special. Again, just my opinion. He might be a stud in baseball. I wish him well.
CAL might be down right now, but the fact of the matter is, it's still a Bigtime institution, academically and athletically. Quite a few players have came thru the program. Football & basketball. You don't have to be at Kentucky to make it to the league. CAL needs to recruit kids at the level of Tyran Stokes. Thats the level of program it is. Just needs the right coach to lead. Not sure if Madsen is the guy though. Time will tell. A coach like Rick Pitino would have the CAL Bears jumpin! They might be on probation, but he'd breath some life back into the school.

Cal on probation??? What??? Madsen has already brought in a pretty quality group of transfers and all but 2 players who got any PT he pushed out of Cal to make room upgraded quality, he’s already paying off right off the bat

Sorry boss. I actually do know basketball! The kid is ok, in my opinion. Nothing special. Again, just my opinion. He might be a stud in baseball. I wish him well.
CAL might be down right now, but the fact of the matter is, it's still a Bigtime institution, academically and athletically. Quite a few players have came thru the program. Football & basketball. You don't have to be at Kentucky to make it to the league. CAL needs to recruit kids at the level of Tyran Stokes. Thats the level of program it is. Just needs the right coach to lead. Not sure if Madsen is the guy though. Time will tell. A coach like Rick Pitino would have the CAL Bears jumpin! They might be on probation, but he'd breath some life back into the school.
Your nuts if you don’t think Blair can play at CAL, he’s a class of 2026 player! Dude was a soph last year. Is one of the best players in the best league in norcal. Scurry go back to selling cars in LV with Tark.

Reactions: ayalar09
Your nuts if you don’t think Blair can play at CAL, he’s a class of 2026 player! Dude was a soph last year. Is one of the best players in the best league in norcal. Scurry go back to selling cars in LV with Tark.
*you're.
If he was a sophomore this past year he will graduate in 2025.

Lol. Whatever man. Dude is class of 2025 and technically he supposed to be 2024 (Hold back). The kid can play. I think UC Davis would be a good level basketball wise. But If you say so, I guess he's the next Aiden Mahoney or Larry Bird huh? Everybody's got an opinion. Sorry if it's not the same as yours BIRDBRAIN... Lol.

Reactions: dcfan
Lol. Whatever man. Dude is class of 2025 and technically he supposed to be 2024 (Hold back). The kid can play. I think UC Davis would be a good level basketball wise. But If you say so, I guess he's the next Aiden Mahoney or Larry Bird huh? Everybody's got an opinion. Sorry if it's not the same as yours BIRDBRAIN... Lol.

Ice Cube No GIF

Just doing my part to make America great again
This isn’t Jason Kidd cal. That shipped sailed a long time ago. UCD has a better program today than cal. That’s a fact.

This isn’t Jason Kidd cal. That shipped sailed a long time ago. UCD has a better program today than cal. That’s a fact.
MM already pulled in a top 10 transfer class and got rid of the deadweight I guarantee you Cal has the better team after next year or even next year…..they brought in 4-5 starters who were pretty quality players at their schools and will have Askew back healthy next year…..with a good recruiter which MM is and the transfer market it doesn’t take long to get out of the cellar

Reactions: Eastbayhoops
MM already pulled in a top 10 transfer class and got rid of the deadweight I guarantee you Cal has the better team after next year or even next year…..they brought in 4-5 starters who were pretty quality players at their schools and will have Askew back healthy next year…..with a good recruiter which MM is and the transfer market it doesn’t take long to get out of the cellar
I hope so. Weird when you see UCSB and UCD stronger.
(Good for those programs but it’s as much as CAL falling)
In any event Blair is solid and you need kids like him who know how to win and play in programs where they just don’t roll out the ball.

oh thats why buddy keep saying davis better then uc berk.. but davis lost beasley and the kid from heritage.... so are they better? also they play far weaker opponents.
and i see the doughtery kid is there.... if he aint on scholarship that is wild.. played 3 or 4 years on varsity with some high level teams plus all that aau ball.... just to walk on... my dad would be heated wasted all that time and money

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT