ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan 68, St. Ignatius 51

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Riordan leads 21-11 end Q1.

Strong opening 8 minutes for the Crusaders. Active defense and owning the offensive glass

Riordan leads 30-23 at the half. Hillman has made some nice plays for the Crusaders, which has got a bulk of their points off offensive rebounds.

SI has been able to stay in it with some nice drives from Whitley and five made 3s as a team.

Riordan leads 41-32 with 3 mins left Q3. Crusaders have found some driving lanes in the half court

Riordan leads 51-33 end Q3. A 14-2 run helped blow this one open. Defense got very active

Riordan won 68-51. Strong showing for the Crusaders in leading wire to wire.

Hilman would be my player of the game

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Riordan won 68-51. Strong showing for the Crusaders in leading wire to wire.

Hilman would be my player of the game
Been telling everyone Hilman is the best sophomore in Northern California. Underclassmen aren't supposed to defend as well as he does.

Sensley is starting to figure out his role within the team. A few weeks ago, he was kind of just doing his own thing. He can still improve a lot defensively, but he's learning where his skills are best utilized.

Riordan's 3 week layoff appears to have been put to good use. A more focused aggressive team the last 2 games. Agree. The players are settling into their roles, in particular, Sensley. The kid is 6-8 with a wingspan of a 7 footer. All he has to do is stick with his man, keep his arms up, move his feet and stay on the ground. A big improvment than his defense in December. Riordan's depth simply wore down the 'Cats even though RIordan still has 2 starters out. Curtin did a good job of his players picking up the SI guards full court in the second half which resulted in 3 pointers coming up short and even missed layups. A lot more discipline in this team as well. There was a scuffle under the bucket when Rencher got a hard foul, but the players all gathered and walked him away to cool off. Also noticed Coach Curtin using his mentor, Rich Forslund's, practice of pulling players if there is a lapse in their defense or poor shot selection and the asst. coaches sitting down with those players explaining what they did. He knows there's another 2-4 players ready and willing to pick up the slack. Shot clock awareness and sharing of the ball and moving without it also trending up.

Last edited:
Reactions: ayalar09
DLS, MC, theR, and The Hall gonna be one hellova Nor Cal open final 4

Trust me, we got plenty to worry about in D5 with good teams like SVDP, Head-Royce, Athenian, and San Domenico.

We def have a good chance to win D5 and then from there it’s wherever the CIF committee decides to place us. Most likely a lower seed in D3 or a mid-round seed in D4, IF we were to win D5

Salesian and Branson will have something to say to DLS in NCS.
DLS still has to get through the EBAL before NCS. They are the favorites, but there are plenty of teams ready to test them. As was the case last season, the EBAL will be a battle every night.

EBAL records as of today:

Monte Vista 15-1
Granada 12-1
Amador Valley 14-2
DLS 13-2
SRV 13-3
Dublin 13-3
Foothill 11-4
Dougherty Valley 11-5
Cal 8-5
Livermore 6-9

Granada plays at the Capital Christian showcase tomorrow. I'll be there... Will be interesting to see what they can do, and how they do it. They play Sheldon, who is only 7-7, but has played quite a tough slate.

Granada plays at the Capital Christian showcase tomorrow. I'll be there... Will be interesting to see what they can do, and how they do it. They play Sheldon, who is only 7-7, but has played quite a tough slate.
man... u be on the move...

DLS still has to get through the EBAL before NCS. They are the favorites, but there are plenty of teams ready to test them. As was the case last season, the EBAL will be a battle every night.

EBAL records as of today:

Monte Vista 15-1
Granada 12-1
Amador Valley 14-2
DLS 13-2
SRV 13-3
Dublin 13-3
Foothill 11-4
Dougherty Valley 11-5
Cal 8-5
Livermore 6-9
This is shpaing up to be a very strong two year run for the EBAL

EBAL appears to be the most competitive league in NorCal once again this year.
Question: Is the EBAL baketball season divided into 2 (Valley and Mountain) like in football? Does each team play a home and home series?

Question: Is the EBAL baketball season divided into 2 (Valley and Mountain) like in football? Does each team play a home and home series?
I believe it is one league and you play everyone once (9 games). Plus the EBAL tournament

they changed last year to playing once and playing everyone instead of split and playing home and home with half the schools

Reactions: jordan24
This was a poorly officiated game. The referees showed clear favoritism from pregame warmups until the final buzzer, hopefully the CCS steps in and makes sure something like this is not allowed to happen again. Let the kids decide the game on the floor. That way Riordan probably still wins, but in a much closer game and without the cloud of controversy hanging over the outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: ARHS92
This was a poorly officiated game. The referees showed clear favoritism from pregame warmups until the final buzzer, hopefully the CCS steps in and makes sure something like this is not allowed to happen again. Let the kids decide the game on the floor. That way Riordan probably still wins, but in a much closer game and without the cloud of controversy hanging over the outcome.
just gonna come on here and tease...

I attended this game…..and the referees were no different than they have been all year.

They are letting the guys play. Not blowing the whistle. And it’s favoring the more aggressive teams/teams who are larger in size.

Part of that is due to the rule change where 5 fouls in a quarter and your giving a team 2 free throws every time. I think refs are calling less fouls this year because of this.

I like SI a lot, but Riordan did a great job shutting down Whitley. That was the difference in the games, not the zebras.

My 2 cents.

I attended this game…..and the referees were no different than they have been all year.

They are letting the guys play. Not blowing the whistle. And it’s favoring the more aggressive teams/teams who are larger in size.

Part of that is due to the rule change where 5 fouls in a quarter and your giving a team 2 free throws every time. I think refs are calling less fouls this year because of this.

I like SI a lot, but Riordan did a great job shutting down Whitley. That was the difference in the games, not the zebras.

My 2 cents.
Exactly my point. Allowing people to foul and travel all game long is bad officiating. It turned the contest into a football or rugby game. Basketball is supposed to be a game of skill.

What was the controversy. Did Riordan shoot many more free throws? Where the fouls lopsided. This is your second message on here. It’s hard to blame WCAL officials for outcomes. Riordan and Mitty are the best hands down. The rest of the league is fighting for 3rd.

What was the controversy. Did Riordan shoot many more free throws? Where the fouls lopsided. This is your second message on here. It’s hard to blame WCAL officials for outcomes. Riordan and Mitty are the best hands down. The rest of the league is fighting for 3rd.
I literally said it is likely Riordan would of have won the game anyways. The issue is that the officials allowed the game to become a rugby game by not calling anything the entire game. This is unfair officiating because it makes it so whichever team has the biggest player on the court wins by default. It's not about number of free throws, a game can be well-officiated and have a disparity between the two teams in free throw attempts. The game should be decided on the merit of actual basketball skill and teamwork.

Went to SJ State/SDSU game last night. 2 Riordan kids got zero PT. Any scoop on why not? Trammel did his thing but not sure hes playing for the team, looked different than other times ive seen him play
SJS is a real heavy world wide roster "do you know the way to san jose".............

Went to SJ State/SDSU game last night. 2 Riordan kids got zero PT. Any scoop on why not? Trammel did his thing but not sure hes playing for the team, looked different than other times ive seen him play
SJS is a real heavy world wide roster "do you know the way to san jose".............

Let’s just say I had some cheddar on that game.

SJSU was a wide open layup from OT against a team that made the Natty last year.

They seem to be building a lot with European and International players, which I think is a smart move on their part.

Unfortunately, the local talent isn’t exactly frothing at the mouth for a scholarship to SJSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT