Folsom
Woodcreek
Sheldon
Burbank
Capital Christian
Whitney
Vista Del Lago
Grant

Folsom is team to beat until someone can take them down. Brown makes Woodcreek instant contenders. Sheldon, Burbank, CC, loaded with athletes and talent. Whitney and Vista are tough outs if they are shooting well. Grant is the dark horse. Who else should Sac be watching out for this year?

Reactions: Kendallmunson20
Forgot about Jesuit and didn't include Vanden just because just outside of Sac area, but I know they are very good.

Yeah Jesuit should be pretty solid. I think they return everyone from last year's team except Pangelinan and Duffy. Don't think they'll have much size this season without Duffy. They should have pretty good guard play with Ehrlich, Virga and Rutherford back.

Folsom
Woodcreek
Sheldon
Burbank
Capital Christian
Whitney
Vista Del Lago
Grant

Folsom is team to beat until someone can take them down. Brown makes Woodcreek instant contenders. Sheldon, Burbank, CC, loaded with athletes and talent. Whitney and Vista are tough outs if they are shooting well. Grant is the dark horse. Who else should Sac be watching out for this year?
Top 5
Woodcreek
Sheldon (just got their 3rd new transfer this week)
Folsom
Jesuit
Capital

Top 5
Woodcreek
Sheldon (just got their 3rd new transfer this week)
Folsom
Jesuit
Capital

All 5 of these teams have new or recent transfers.

Woodcreek- new guard, new 6'5 forward Europe?
Folsom- Bella vista guard, CD kid, OR kid, forbes/ponderosa
Jesuit- Erlich/Ponderosa
Capital- CD kid, OR kid, new 6'11 man
Burbank- ?
Sac High- ?

All the top schools get transfers. Sheldon isn't the only school.

Should be some really good battles in SFL and DELTA.

Folsom
Woodcreek
Sheldon
Burbank
Capital Christian
Whitney
Vista Del Lago
Grant

Whitney lost its size from last year, but their style creates constant chaos. They return 2 of the 3 top scorers from last years 25 win team.

Whitney lost its size from last year, but their style creates constant chaos. They return 2 of the 3 top scorers from last years 25 win team.

I haven't seen Whitneys schedule this year, it will be tough to hit that 25 win mark again. But they have absolutely proved that they belong in the SFL. They are competitive in every sport. They should have another league alignment, and possibly move Nevada Union out.

I haven't seen Whitneys schedule this year, it will be tough to hit that 25 win mark again. But they have absolutely proved that they belong in the SFL. They are competitive in every sport. They should have another league alignment, and possibly move Nevada Union out.
Good test for the Wildcats to see how they match up on Nov 29 against Woodcreek at Whitney

All 5 of these teams have new or recent transfers.

Woodcreek- new guard, new 6'5 forward Europe?
Folsom- Bella vista guard, CD kid, OR kid, forbes/ponderosa
Jesuit- Erlich/Ponderosa
Capital- CD kid, OR kid, new 6'11 man
Burbank- ?
Sac High- ?

All the top schools get transfers. Sheldon isn't the only school.

Should be some really good battles in SFL and DELTA.
where did the Sheldon transfers come from?

where did the Sheldon transfers come from?
Coach fj... this is what I have heard from reliable sources but maybe heat can confirm.

Lj Williams back from Bradshaw Christian
Chris wreidt from capital Christian
Pleasant groves best returning player but his name is escaping me.

I wonder if Chris will be eligible at Sheldon? He would give Sheldon an inside presence to go with their good guard play and shake up these power rankings.

Hear wood creek has a 6-5 kid from Chicago to go along with Jordan Brown and the other 6-5 kid from Australia. Easily the best front line in the area

Best scrimmage this week will be at Sheldon. Hosting Folsom, Capital Christian and Burbank. I believe this will be on Tuesday morning.

These comments are on overall play for the day. I will not mention game match ups.

Folsom played ok. With only 1 post threat they struggled a bit without M. Forbes on the floor. The little guard is quick, crafty, and can shoot. Not sure if they are missing any players due to football. Forbes will have to play major role in scoring, rebounding. The lefty SF is much improved and will be a major contributor. Defensively not as strong as past teams. They will be in a battle for league title with Woodcreek.

Capital Christian looked good at times. Hard to cage their progress without Austin playing yet. Sometimes over dribbled and couldn't get into offensive sets. The freshman big is a true prospect and will bring college coaches to the gym to watch him. Tolu still learning to play within himself and committed several unnecessary fouls. Chapelle will need to stay healthy and lead this team. Will run away with league title.

Burbank is crazy athletic and gets after it. Didn't see great shooting from this team, but they attack the basket and create fouls. They played better in press and run than in half court sets. The bench seemed a bit thin so the starters will need to be on the floor for major minutes. If they continue to improve they will be favorites for league title.

Sheldon in their home gym came prepared to play. They shot the ball well from three and had a low post presence which really opened up the guards. The guard play will be their strength offensively with Cobb and Duplechan leading the way. If they stay healthy they will be favorite for Delta title.

En4cr appreciate the comprehensive write-up. With all the transfers here and there, all schools are getting the talent they want. So the victors will be decided on the court in real games no excuses. Best team that night wins.

Folsom was missing two of their top five players both out with knee injuries until january. They have a 6-4 white kid who backed up Forbes last year who was their second best player in the fall averaging about 18 points a game, he can flat out shoot. Still need to improve dramatically on the defensive end and with offensive execution. Woodcreek easily the favorite this year in the Sfl will beat them by 15.

These comments are on overall play for the day. I will not mention game match ups.

Folsom played ok. With only 1 post threat they struggled a bit without M. Forbes on the floor. The little guard is quick, crafty, and can shoot. Not sure if they are missing any players due to football. Forbes will have to play major role in scoring, rebounding. The lefty SF is much improved and will be a major contributor. Defensively not as strong as past teams. They will be in a battle for league title with Woodcreek.

Capital Christian looked good at times. Hard to cage their progress without Austin playing yet. Sometimes over dribbled and couldn't get into offensive sets. The freshman big is a true prospect and will bring college coaches to the gym to watch him. Tolu still learning to play within himself and committed several unnecessary fouls. Chapelle will need to stay healthy and lead this team. Will run away with league title.

Burbank is crazy athletic and gets after it. Didn't see great shooting from this team, but they attack the basket and create fouls. They played better in press and run than in half court sets. The bench seemed a bit thin so the starters will need to be on the floor for major minutes. If they continue to improve they will be favorites for league title.

Sheldon in their home gym came prepared to play. They shot the ball well from three and had a low post presence which really opened up the guards. The guard play will be their strength offensively with Cobb and Duplechan leading the way. If they stay healthy they will be favorite for Delta title.
I heard Sheldon got a bunch of transfers? How dem boys play?

I don't know what their schedule is like, except for a game in Father Kelly Tribute, but watch out for Vista Del Lago. They return everyone, and are long and big. I assume their non league schedule won't open eyes, but they are good. Also keep an eye on Christian Bros. Elias is not going to intimidate you, but at the end of the game his stats are incredible. They have a very athletic forward, and their guard James Abazon (spelling) is vastly under rated. I like Woodcreek but a fully loaded Capital will beat them easy.

Passfirst- Agree w/ you 100% about Vista. They are college big this year. Like 6"9, 6"8, 6'7 and a few 6"5 kids. They won 21 games last year and the entire team is back. Might just be the team to beat in Folsom this year.

Vista plays Folsom December 23 at Vista I believe. Should be a very competitive game in a great atmosphere.

SJS Foundation Games this Monday (Nov. 28). Any worthwhile match ups?

Sac Bee first rankings have the following:
1. Woodcreek
2. Capital Christian
3. Sheldon
4. Folsom
5. Burbank
6. Jesuit
7. Sacramento

Not to far off of my list. Woodcreek is playing very well with quality wins. CC struggling a bit early on but still have quality wins. Austin now back full time. Sheldon just played first game last night and knocked off Mitty at Mitty. Folsom looking good. Burbank was 7-0 until loss to Inderkum. Hopefully these teams will do well in Holiday tournaments proving Sac basketball is for real

Folsom plays Marin Catholic tomorrow and if they win, they will probably face Freedom HS on Saturday. Where are other top teams playing this weekend?

Folsom plays Marin Catholic tomorrow and if they win, they will probably face Freedom HS on Saturday.

This is a terrific little 4-team tourney (the 4th team is Burlingame, who faces Freedom after the Folsom-Marin Cathoic game tomorrow). It's at Freedom HS, nice, big gym. I'll be out there both nights. Games at 5:30 and 7.

In last year's event, Freedom beat Folsom in a 3-overtime thriller to win the title.

Tonight, I'll be at Piedmont for all four games. Not a real high-level event, but it's still basketball... :) Besides, my alma mater, Berean Christian, is actually somewhat competitve (6-1 vs. a not-so-strong schedule; they'll still have lots of trouble in league, but hey, it's a start...) for the first time since I moved back from Oregon in 2012.

Folsom win over Marin Catholic
Capital Christian losses to Timpview UT
Woodcreek win over Elk Grove
Sheldon win over Redemption Christian NY

Two teams trying to get into the upper tier...Granite Bay at Whitney 12/21 at 7pm.

Sacbee has Granite Bay (7-2) at #10 and Whitney (6-2) at #14.

Whitney holds on for the 65-59 win. Darren Nelson was dominant inside, but Whitney hit 10 3's in the game, 5 by Josh Ohara and 3 by Matt Willis, to keep the pressure on.

Darren Nelson is having a nice year for GB based on the few updates I've seen.

Headed to Cal Poly for baseball.

Folsom win over Marin Catholic
Capital Christian losses to Timpview UT
Woodcreek win over Elk Grove
Sheldon win over Redemption Christian NY

Woodcreek, Capital Christian, Sheldon at Rancho Mirage Classic in Palm Springs. Possible second round matchup Woodcreek vs. Chino Hills

Last edited:
Woodcreek beat Cantwell-Sacred Heart down at Rancho Mirage tonight, 54-47.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT