ADVERTISEMENT

Sacramento's Top Teams

Woodcreek vs. Chino Hills
Sheldon vs. Westlake-Harvard, rematch from Tarkanian Classic
Capital Christian vs. Crossroads,. CC without Kendall and Crossroads without O'Neal

Capital Christian loses close game down the stretch versus Crossroads and Woodcreek loses track meet versus Chino Hills. Sheldon is lone survivor with win versus Harvard Westlake.

New top 5 plus

1. Sheldon - lost to Chino Hills in finals in Palm Springs. Won Orleans division in Las Vegas
2. Woodcreek - lost to Harvard Westlake and Chino Hills in Palm Springs
3. Burbank - lost to Oakland Tech in finals of St. Hope
4. Capital Christian - losses in Palm Springs without Kendall
5. Folsom - multiple loses this week in St. Hope, but still better than most
6. Whitney - playing well, but needs to play more top tier competition
7. Vista de Lago - word still out that they should be up here somewhere
8. Sac Hi - improving with young team
9. ?
10. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: hoopwilla
New top 5 plus

1. Sheldon - lost to Chino Hills in finals in Palm Springs. Won Orleans division in Las Vegas
2. Woodcreek - lost to Harvard Westlake and Crossroads in Palm Springs
9. ?
10. ?

Can you swap out sac for chrbrothers?

Last edited:
I think Grant should definitely be in the top five in Sac. They took both Burbank and Oakland Tech to the wire and beat a very good Inderkum team Friday night at Cordova tourney.

1. Sheldon
2. Woodcreek
3. Burbank
4. Capital Christian
5. Grant

Nice call on Christian Brothers. Elias King has potential game changing capabilities.

Elias King is the most talented player I've seen in the Sac area this season. He can play multiple positions and can face up and shoot it way beyond the 3. Looks a legit 6"7-6'8 who could be a pretty big time recruit when its all said and done. Kid plays well within a system too.

New top 5 plus

9. ?
10. ?
Sheldon beat Harvard Westlake in Vegas and Palm Springs

New top 5 plus

9. ?
10. ?
Grant at #9 and Inderkum at #10

A number of these contenders are playing in the Father Kelly Tribute at Jesuit this Satirday...

I plan to be there to take it all in.

2:00pm – Vista Del Lago (9-3 with 2 games before Saturday) vs Clovis North (9-5 with 1 game before Saturday)

3:30pm – Granite Bay (9-5 with 1 game before Sat.) vs Vanden (12-0 with two games before Sat.)

5:00pm – Newark Memorial (3-7, 2 games before Sat.) vs Folsom (11-3, 2 games before Sat.)

6:30pm – Monte Vista (7-4, 2 games before Sat. and just lost their star for the year) vs Sheldon (8-1, 2 games before Sat.)

8:00pm – Jesuit (5-5, 2 games before Sat.) vs El Cerrito (7-7, has the week off after 4 games in 4 days at MC)

The only one of the bunch that looks like it should be a blowout is Game 3, and even that could become interesting if Decaurey Brown has a big night...

Edit: With Fadal out, Sheldon could very well get a big win, too... But MV is extremely well-coached and might be able to slow Sheldon down... A little, at least enough to avoid getting blown out.

Last edited:
Based on What I've Seen:

1. Sheldon
2. Woodcreek
3. Burbank
4. Folsom
5. Capital Christian
6. Whitney
7. Christian Brothers
8. Vista Del Lago
9. Cosumnes Oaks
10. Grant

Others: Kennedy, Inderkum, Granite Bay, Sacramento, Franklin, Jesuit

is tolu jacobs yaffa playing yet, is he eligible to play for capital christian?

anybody seen the chairman of da boards play?

Decided to update this and make predictions...

2:00pm – Vista Del Lago (11-3 after taking two nailbiters this week) vs Clovis North (10-5) Haven't seen either team, so guessing based on rankings and such.. and finding that they have one common opponent. Vista beat Oak Ridge by 10 and Clovis beat 'em by 2. However, Vista had two tough games this week including last night, and Clovis had an easy win Tuesday. Very tough call... I'll go with Clovis North in a battle.

3:30pm – Granite Bay (9-5 with 1 game tonight, no score reported yet.) vs Vanden (14-0) Vandy is ranked #10 in the state, I'll go with them to win comfortably no matter what Granite Bay did tonight. I've seen Vandy play, very impressive, but looking at other scores of theirs, it appears they tend to play to the level of their opponent a bit...

5:00pm – Newark Memorial (4-7, tonight unreported thus far) vs Folsom (13-3) I've seen 'em both play... Fordless Folsom should deal with 'em easily even if Decaurey goes ballistic. (which he could very well do; he plays big in the tough games)

6:30pm – Monte Vista (7-5 tonight's game not reported *sigh*) vs Sheldon (10-1) MV plays tough D, is well-coached and all, but Sheldon looks to be a real powerhouse and MV would probably need three Fadals to hang with 'em.

8:00pm – Jesuit (7-5) vs El Cerrito (7-7, has the week off after 4 games in 4 days at MC tourney) Looks like two well-matched decent-but-not-great teams to close the show... Jesuit gets the nod from me only because they're at home.

Decided to update this and make predictions...

2:00pm – Vista Del Lago (11-3 after taking two nailbiters this week) vs Clovis North (10-5) Haven't seen either team, so guessing based on rankings and such.. and finding that they have one common opponent. Vista beat Oak Ridge by 10 and Clovis beat 'em by 2. However, Vista had two tough games this week including last night, and Clovis had an easy win Tuesday. Very tough call... I'll go with Clovis North in a battle.

3:30pm – Granite Bay (9-5 with 1 game tonight, no score reported yet.) vs Vanden (14-0) Vandy is ranked #10 in the state, I'll go with them to win comfortably no matter what Granite Bay did tonight. I've seen Vandy play, very impressive, but looking at other scores of theirs, it appears they tend to play to the level of their opponent a bit...

5:00pm – Newark Memorial (4-7, tonight unreported thus far) vs Folsom (13-3) I've seen 'em both play... Fordless Folsom should deal with 'em easily even if Decaurey goes ballistic. (which he could very well do; he plays big in the tough games)

6:30pm – Monte Vista (7-5 tonight's game not reported *sigh*) vs Sheldon (10-1) MV plays tough D, is well-coached and all, but Sheldon looks to be a real powerhouse and MV would probably need three Fadals to hang with 'em.

8:00pm – Jesuit (7-5) vs El Cerrito (7-7, has the week off after 4 games in 4 days at MC tourney) Looks like two well-matched decent-but-not-great teams to close the show... Jesuit gets the nod from me only because they're at home.
Folsom gets the win over Newark Memorial 68-54. Good game.Tough back to back for Folsom, having played Del Oro last night.

A number of these contenders are playing in the Father Kelly Tribute at Jesuit this Satirday...

I plan to be there to take it all in.

2:00pm – Vista Del Lago (9-3 with 2 games before Saturday) vs Clovis North (9-5 with 1 game before Saturday)

3:30pm – Granite Bay (9-5 with 1 game before Sat.) vs Vanden (12-0 with two games before Sat.)

5:00pm – Newark Memorial (3-7, 2 games before Sat.) vs Folsom (11-3, 2 games before Sat.)

6:30pm – Monte Vista (7-4, 2 games before Sat. and just lost their star for the year) vs Sheldon (8-1, 2 games before Sat.)

8:00pm – Jesuit (5-5, 2 games before Sat.) vs El Cerrito (7-7, has the week off after 4 games in 4 days at MC)

The only one of the bunch that looks like it should be a blowout is Game 3, and even that could become interesting if Decaurey Brown has a big night...

Edit: With Fadal out, Sheldon could very well get a big win, too... But MV is extremely well-coached and might be able to slow Sheldon down... A little, at least enough to avoid getting blown out.
Where you there and what was your talke

Where you there and what was your talke

Well, I totally missed the first game because of something that *never* happens... I got lost.. then lost-er... then loster-er... People used to call me "the human GPS", but I guess no longer... Might have to get me one o 'them GPS thingies. Or a smartphone or something...

Anyway, I got there when 3 minutes or so were gone in the 1st quarter of the Vanden game. It was already 15-0 in favor of Vandy.

Granite Bay looks like a decent team, but they had no answer for the speedy jumping jacks of Vandy. They did manage right the ship somewhat after the tough start, losing 66-45. Vandy will go very far in whatever playoffs they end up in... Only weakness might be that they don't really have a post player; that could haunt them in some matchups, maybe.

Folsom looked a bit off as they handled NM, but the back-to-back mentioned above could have had something to do with it...

Sheldon is all that and a bag-o-chips... Looked terrific while curbstomping a solid Monte Vista team 65-34. Having Fadal might have helped the Mustangs a little, but as I mentioned above they probably needed three of him against Sheldon. Maybe five.

I left at halftime of the Jesuit-EC game with the home team in the midst of a huge blowout at 50-26. Looked like two teams headed in the opposite direction. I had heard that Jesuit was struggling so far this year, but they had zero problems handling the rather undisciplined EC team. A check of Maxpreps says the final was 85-51.

Overall, it wasn't exactly a great show today, but such is life...

Folsom without point guard struggled a bit with a down Newark Memorial. Vanden ran over Granite Bay. Jesuit handled a very down El Cerritos. Sheldon put clamps on Monte Vista. NCP latest list has Sheldon #1. List is pretty accurate as to the win/loss and strength of schedule. Should be fun come the end of February and early March.

Based on What I've Seen:

1. Sheldon
2. Woodcreek
3. Burbank
4. Folsom
5. Capital Christian
6. Whitney
7. Christian Brothers
8. Vista Del Lago
9. Cosumnes Oaks
10. Grant

Others: Kennedy, Inderkum, Granite Bay, Sacramento, Franklin, Jesuit

1. Sheldon wins over Davis and Jesuit
2. Woodcreek wins over Nevada Union and Del Oro
3. Burbank wins over Laguna Creek and Valley
4. Folsom loss to Granite Bay with Forbes out of lineup
5. Grant wins over Pleasant Grove and Monterey Trail
6. Capital Christian win over Lindhurst and Natomas
7. Whitney wins over Del Campo and Ponderosa
8. Christian Brothers wins over West Campus and Casa Roble

Last edited:

Whitney with a close win versus Cosumnes Oaks last night at Golden One Center. Down 22-6 after first quarter, Whitney came back to win 70-66. Jashon Lewis with 29 points, Matt Willis with 10.

Whitney with a loss to Roseville and Sheldon with a loss to Grant this week..

SJ Memorial beat Sheldon
Sheldon beat Grant
Roseville beat Whitney
Vista Del Lago beat CB
Franklin beat Jesuit
Granite Bay beat Folsom
Capital beat O'dowd

Reactions: hoopwilla
SJ Memorial beat Sheldon
Sheldon beat Grant
Roseville beat Whitney
Vista Del Lago beat CB
Franklin beat Jesuit
Granite Bay beat Folsom
Capital beat O'dowd
This is going to be a fun season for fans. On any given night, anyone can win.

Updated rankings should be:
1T. Woodcreek
1T. Sheldon
3. Burbank
4. Capital Christian
5. Folsom
6. Vista del Lago
7. Grant
8. Placer
9. Whitney
10. CB

Others: Franklin, Jesuit, Cosumnes Oaks, Rio Linda, Granite Bay, Sacramento

Sheldon beat Grant. The box score in the bee looks to be messed up on all levels.
Can anyone confirm what happened in the Jesuit vs Franklin game. I see no rutheford or virgo in the box score

Last edited:
1T. Woodcreek
1T. Sheldon
3. Burbank
4. Capital Christian
5. Folsom
6. Vista del Lago
7. Grant
8. Placer
9. Whitney
10. CB

Sheldon has 2 victories over the Harvard Westlake team that beat Woodcreek by 9

I've seen 3 of the top 4 teams multiple times. I think all of them can beat each other and the distance between each of them is pretty narrow. I think it falls off quite a bit with the next 5 starting with Folsom. Those teams aren't nearly as talented. Sheldon has 1 hard game remaining against Vanden and Woodcreek still has Folsom 2x but I don't see Folsom matching up very well. Both of these teams seem to be on a collision course.

I've seen 3 of the top 4 teams multiple times. I think all of them can beat each other and the distance between each of them is pretty narrow. I think it falls off quite a bit with the next 5 starting with Folsom. Those teams aren't nearly as talented. Sheldon has 1 hard game remaining against Vanden and Woodcreek still has Folsom 2x but I don't see Folsom matching up very well. Both of these teams seem to be on a collision course.
Sheldon also has a league game next wed game and Friday night then a 2:00 Saturday game vs Orange Lutheran in Los Angeles. Thats a Wed,Friday,Sat all 4 weeks in January

I'm aware that Sheldon beat HW but I've also seen SJ Memorial play in person and they're solid but that's a game Sheldon should've won pretty easily. Memorial is actually 1-2 in their last 3 games with the only win being against Sheldon. Woodcreek should've beaten HW as well. Both teams have two losses! Theres no clear cut favorite between the two. I'm also not sure Jordan Brown played against HW!

1T. Woodcreek
1T. Sheldon
3. Burbank
4. Capital Christian
5. Folsom
6. Vista del Lago
7. Grant
8. Placer
9. Whitney
10. CB

Sheldon and Woodcreek separating themselves from the pack. Burbank and Capital Christian playing well. Folsom dropping off, and Grant moving up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT