ADVERTISEMENT

Scores

Folsom done!

Gusty 3rd down pass to take a 35-23 lead for Monterey Trail.

Hmmm... who was the first to rank the Mustangs in their NorCal top 10?

You were at the front of that line. Best win in program history for MT.

They are a program to follow because they have a plan on how to program build and they don't deviate for the flavor of the month.

Down 24 points at one point, Ripon came back to beat Amador 34-33. They move on to the SJS D5 championship game

Reactions: 13 others
Not NorCal, but there's a terrific shootout right now in SS D-III. Grace Brethren 43-42 over La Habra with 3 minutes left in the 4th. Winner plays Corona Del Mar, who beat St. Francis early in the year. Winner could be in either D-IAA or D-IA for state.

How bout those “lil strawchewers” from Auburn?Placer 21 Buhoch Colony 20
Hard fought game between 2 pit bulls,both teams fighting and battling to the very end!
Congratulations to the Buhoch Colony Thunder on a TREMENDOUS 11-1 season.....Bravo
Congratulations to the Placer Hillmen on reaching the SJS D3 Championship...Bravo!

Still waiting on Branham vs. Carmel but here are the final scores from tonight

Sac-Joaquin Section

Division I

#5 Monterey Trail beat #1 Folsom 35-23

#2 Oak Ridge beat #3 Inderkum 56-21

Division II

#6 Elk Grove beat #2 Cosumnes Oaks 28-20

#9 Whitney at #4 Jesuit (SATURDAY)

Division III

#4 Manteca beat #1 Capital Christian 20-14

#2 Placer beat #3 Buhach Colony 21-20

Division IV

#4 Sierra beat #1 Rio Linda 21-14

#2 Oakdale beat #6 Merced 51-27

Division V

#1 Center beat #4 Bradshaw Christian 47-12

#2 Ripon beat #3 Amador 34-33

Division VI

#1 Escalon beat #5 Sonora 40-14

#2 Hilmar beat #3 Ripon Christian 47-28

Division VII

#2 Mariposa County beat #1 Denair 17-14 (FINALS)

Central Coast Section

Division I

#2 Valley Christian beat #3 St. Ignatius 28-7

#5 Wilcox at #1 Serra (SATURDAY)

Division II

#1 Los Gatos beat #4 Sacred Heart Prep 21-11

#7 Oak Grove beat #6 Palo Alto 40-36

Division III

#1 King’s Academy beat #4 Aptos 31-30

#2 Terra Nova beat #6 Burlingame 14-7

Division IV

#1 Milpitas beat #4 Hillsdale 14-13

#2 Branham vs. #3 Carmel

Division V

#1 Leland beat #4 Homestead 48-26

#2 Santa Cruz beat #6 Santa Teresa 27-13

North Coast Section

Division I

#1 De La Salle beat #5 Monte Vista 49-13

#3 Liberty at #2 Pittsburg (SATURDAY)

Division II

#1 Clayton Valley Charter beat #5 Foothill-Pleasanton 49-7

#3 Campolindo at #2 Vintage (SATURDAY)

Division III

#1 Las Lomas beat #4 Hayward 37-6

#3 Benicia at #2 Rancho Cotate (SATURDAY)

Division IV

#1 Cardinal Newman beat #5 Piner 49-0

#3 Acalanes at #2 Marin Catholic (SATURDAY)

Division V

#1 Encinal beat #4 De Anza 24-21

#3 Moreau Catholic at #2 Del Norte (SATURDAY)

Division VI

#1 Kennedy-Richmond beat #4 Justin-Siena 42-21

#3 Middletown at #2 St. Bernard’s (SATURDAY)

Division VII

#4 St. Helena at #1 Salesian (SATURDAY)

#3 Willits at #2 Ferndale (SATURDAY)

Northern Section

Division II

#1 Chico beat #4 Foothill-Palo Cedro 46-7

#3 Pleasant Valley beat #2 Shasta 21-7

Division III

#4 Paradise beat #1 West Valley 28-13

#2 Sutter beat #3 Lassen 25-7

Division IV

#1 East Nicolaus beat #5 Mt. Shasta 48-20

#2 Pierce beat #3 Winters 46-7

Division V

#1 Fall River beat #4 Portola 40-26

#3 Los Molinos beat #2 Biggs 20-10

How bout those “lil strawchewers” from Auburn?Placer 21 Buhoch Colony 20
Hard fought game between 2 pit bulls,both teams fighting and battling to the very end!
Congratulations to the Buhoch Colony Thunder on a TREMENDOUS 11-1 season.....Bravo
Congratulations to the Placer Hillmen on reaching the SJS D3 Championship...Bravo!
Placer QB's parents are long time friends of mine. That program seems to reload year after year.

Is there even a NS D1?
Once state playoff system came to fruition, the North section eliminated the once, divisions 1,2,3.... and went to the divisions 2,3 4... to more align with state wide enrollments and competativeness. This was not done just for football.
Sutter and Paradise is going to be an all out BATTLE!! As long as I have been in the Sutter program and that reaches back to 1998 Sutter and Paradise have never faced off in a varsity football game. Lots of Jr football battles and I believe a couple at the freshman level but not varsity.
Side note to this game!!
Last year in the midst of the horrific fire that absolutely decimated the entire town of Paradise the 4G foundation which is founded and operated by a father to a Sutter High school varsity player and is still to this day aiding and feeding thousands when tragedy strikes was one of the first to set up at a church in Oroville and Gridley high school and cooked hundreds of pounds of tri tip to feed evacuees. Many Sutter coaches and parents aided in this endevour. Being tied to the Sutter football program we wanted to aid the Paradise football program and set up another event at Chico High the same night the entrepreneur from San Diego came to distribute that million dollar in aid checks. This night the Sutter High School football team showed up with game jerseys on and served all of the Paradise attendees including the Paradise Bobcats!! I believe in fate and I believe this championship game started to come to fruition a year ago in the midst of one of the most deadliest and gut wrenching events in California history. This is going to be much more than a football game. Sutter even painted the Paradise emblem on their field to symbolize unity for a team that could not compete in last years playoffs although they had earned the right to. I just wanted to shed a little extra light on what this week will mean to both programs!!

Once state playoff system came to fruition, the North section eliminated the once, divisions 1,2,3... and went to the divisions 2,3 4... to more align with state wide enrollments and competativeness. This was not done just for football.
Sutter and Paradise is going to be an all out BATTLE!! As long as I have been in the Sutter program and that reaches back to 1998 Sutter and Paradise have never faced off in a varsity football game. Lots of Jr football battles and I believe a couple at the freshman level but not varsity.
Side note to this game!!
Last year in the midst of the horrific fire that absolutely decimated the entire town of Paradise the 4G foundation which is founded and operated by a father to a Sutter High school varsity player and is still to this day aiding and feeding thousands when tragedy strikes was one of the first to set up at a church in Oroville and Gridley high school and cooked hundreds of pounds of tri tip to feed evacuees. Many Sutter coaches and parents aided in this endevour. Being tied to the Sutter football program we wanted to aid the Paradise football program and set up another event at Chico High the same night the entrepreneur from San Diego came to distribute that million dollar in aid checks. This night the Sutter High School football team showed up with game jerseys on and served all of the Paradise attendees including the Paradise Bobcats!! I believe in fate and I believe this championship game started to come to fruition a year ago in the midst of one of the most deadliest and gut wrenching events in California history. This is going to be much more than a football game. Sutter even painted the Paradise emblem on their field to symbolize unity for a team that could not compete in last years playoffs although they had earned the right to. I just wanted to shed a little extra light on what this week will mean to both programs!!
Wow! I believe that's the first "like" I've seen a poster get from Streak One. Thanks for sharing Famair3 that's a special story.

Serra 7 Wilcox 7 Q2 10:56
Pads were driving and threw and INT which stopped a scoring , but after forcing Wilcox tro punt are now first and goal after starting on short field. Pads score on 5 yard pass.
Seems Pads defense has gotten tougher and adjusted at stopping the Veer.

Wilcox has been having success on running outside tackle after Pads stopped the dive. Wiilcox 3rd and 10 at Pads 16 yard line with a 4:08 left in Q2

Serra 7 Wilcox 7 Half
Pads had 4th and 3 at wilcox 25 and go for 41 yard FG and miss.
Game is very even so far. Serra offense has been inconsistent and Wilcox having success in time comsuming sustained drives.Will be interesting to see the adjustments after half. Wilcox is a very well coached team. Defense i quick and disciplined and offensive line is small but very quick. Reminds me of DLS type line. They line up perfectly and fire out. Wilcox RBs are very quick and tough. Serra has speed at the skill positions but Wilcox DBs cover WRs well and defense pressuring QB well. Serra has big play capability. If Serra defense picks up they should win this game but Wilcox could also make it a grind em out game.

This is the big difference between Folsom and Serra football. Serra coach Walsh knows how to defend the veer very well. Especially the "inside" veer. Take away that fraction of the veer and you'll give your team a great chance of winning the game.
They stopped the dive but then Chargers having success of tackle and ends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT