ADVERTISEMENT

Scores

Wilcox 1st and 10 at Serra 30 on first drive of half and then fumble on xext play and Serra starts on their own 29 after recovering the ball. Second Wilcox fumble turnover.

Reactions: 13 others
Serra 20 Wilcox 7 Q3 and 1.5 seconds left in quarter
Serra runs it in from around 9 with 1.5 seconds left in Q3
Momentum shift with Serra defense, special teams and running attack taking over

Wilcox having success passing and then fumble on run after pass received and Serra recovers at their own 48. Wilcox 3rd turnover. Turnovers burying the Chargers.

Serra intercepts / or fumble recovery in deep Wilcox territory and return for TD
Serra 27 Wilcox 7 Q4 7:31
Serra special teams and defense steps up after half and Wilcox turnovers the big difference. Wilcox had to play a perfect game to be in this game.

MC wins 7-0 they are going to be throttled by CN next week they lose by 3 scores.......I am so disappointed to see how bad MC passing game is and outside of Matteo Perez they have zilch! CN going to load up the box and man the receivers and it’s a wrap, plus MC loves penalties

MC wins 7-0 they are going to be throttled by CN next week they lose by 3 scores.......I am so disappointed to see how bad MC passing game is and outside of Matteo Perez they have zilch! CN going to load up the box and man the receivers and it’s a wrap, plus MC loves penalties
They looked bad compared to earlier in the season. What happened? Defense looks OK, but anemic offense.

debbie-downer-01.jpg
You say the same thing every year they play Newman! Have some faith my man :D

They looked bad compared to earlier in the season. What happened? Defense looks OK, but anemic offense.

yeah they are too dependent on Perez but Ingrassia their sophomore QB has regressed end of the season and they have no studs at WR.....they kept digging themselves holes with penalties and Acalanes knew they had to pass MC had nothing for them, luckily they have a nice defense but CN going to score at least 3 tds and that’s more then enough against MC

debbie-downer-01.jpg
You say the same thing every year they play Newman! Have some faith my man :D

They have our number!! MC always scares me. Maybe not a good showing againt Acalanes but I always worry. Anybody know where game is? CN is playing well but I always fear MC.

They stopped the dive but then Chargers having success of tackle and ends.
That tells me the DE's are not sticking to their assignments. But then again maybe they are sense Wilcox could only muster up two scores. What they average like 30 points a game? I wouldn't expect the Padre's defense to shut out the Chargers offense but I did expect coach Walsh to limit their veer big plays. Basically if the Chargers don't beat the Padre's with a passing game they won't beat the Padre's. Seems about right from the outcome of this contest.

Serra special teams and defense steps up after half and Wilcox turnovers the big difference. Wilcox had to play a perfect game to be in this game.
Sounds about how I figured this would end. No superior passing game out of the veer and a Walsh coached team will usually weather the storm to a V. This is the issue I have with Monterey Trails. No legit or elite passing game to go with their veer running attack. Both Wilcox and MT would be dangerous if they had an elite passing game to go with their running game.

Once state playoff system came to fruition, the North section eliminated the once, divisions 1,2,3.... and went to the divisions 2,3 4... to more align with state wide enrollments and competativeness. This was not done just for football.
Sutter and Paradise is going to be an all out BATTLE!! As long as I have been in the Sutter program and that reaches back to 1998 Sutter and Paradise have never faced off in a varsity football game. Lots of Jr football battles and I believe a couple at the freshman level but not varsity.
Side note to this game!!
Last year in the midst of the horrific fire that absolutely decimated the entire town of Paradise the 4G foundation which is founded and operated by a father to a Sutter High school varsity player and is still to this day aiding and feeding thousands when tragedy strikes was one of the first to set up at a church in Oroville and Gridley high school and cooked hundreds of pounds of tri tip to feed evacuees. Many Sutter coaches and parents aided in this endevour. Being tied to the Sutter football program we wanted to aid the Paradise football program and set up another event at Chico High the same night the entrepreneur from San Diego came to distribute that million dollar in aid checks. This night the Sutter High School football team showed up with game jerseys on and served all of the Paradise attendees including the Paradise Bobcats!! I believe in fate and I believe this championship game started to come to fruition a year ago in the midst of one of the most deadliest and gut wrenching events in California history. This is going to be much more than a football game. Sutter even painted the Paradise emblem on their field to symbolize unity for a team that could not compete in last years playoffs although they had earned the right to. I just wanted to shed a little extra light on what this week will mean to both programs!!

My first year of JR football(pee wee/6th grade) we went 8-2 and had to face Sutter the first post season game. We scored more points than they let up the whole season combined and we still lost by like 4 points it was a total bummer.

Oh by the way, that pee wee team is the Paradise senior class of 2020!

Sounds about how I figured this would end. No superior passing game out of the veer and a Walsh coached team will usually weather the storm to a V. This is the issue I have with Monterey Trails. No legit or elite passing game to go with their veer running attack. Both Wilcox and MT would be dangerous if they had an elite passing game to go with their running game.
I thought the MT QB was fine. He made noce passes when he needed to. Wilcox QB also made some nice throws. When he passed they seemed to move the ball well. Just too many turnover mistakes.

I thought the MT QB was fine. He made noce passes when he needed to. Wilcox QB also made some nice throws. When he passed they seemed to move the ball well. Just too many turnover mistakes.

The Chargers also committed too many big penalties and failed to field or fair-catch too many punts, forcing their offense to operate deep in their own territory too often. That last blight helped to cause an easy Serra TD on a backward pass that wasn't caught or covered. Serra alertly recovered and scored. Wilcox self-destructed time and again. Not a pretty picture by any stretch.

Pitt 14 Liberby 7 half
Liberty had shots in the end zone at end of Q2 and missed 30 yard FG
Good game so far. Team that makes adjustments will win. Hard hitting game. A few personal fouls and injuries

The Chargers also committed too many big penalties and failed to field or fair-catch too many punts, forcing their offense to operate deep in their own territory too often. That last blight helped to cause an easy Serra TD on a backward pass that wasn't caught or covered. Serra alertly recovered and scored. Wilcox self-destructed time and again. Not a pretty picture by any stretch.

To be certain, the Chargers fell victim to many self inflicted mistakes. The fumbles were costly. Not sure if you were at game or watching online, but I was there and I came away with a slightly different perspective. Those rugby style punts were very short and low and directed away from #2. He had little to no chance to fair catch most of them. The Padres were also helped out quite a bit by some San Mateo County home cooking from the officials on a number of occasions. Two of those calls were or lack there of led to a 14 point swing in the 4th quarter which would have resulted in a much tighter game or even a Wilcox win. The first being the incomplete pass/lateral that went as a recovery and touchdown for Serra. Whether the pass was a lateral or not can be debated, but the official who made the call was not in position to make the call. That’s not the issue. If you were at the game, you could clearly hear an official blow a whistle as soon as the ball hit the ground. That is the reason everyone stopped playing. #1 from then Serra picked up the ball with no resistance. After a lengthy conference, officials stated that the whistle came from the stands. TD Serra. It did not. The play should have been ruled an inadvertent whistle and the down replayed. The second scoring play that went against the Chargers came in the next drive by the Chargers that ended on the Serra goal line. Wilcox has 3rd and goal from the 2 and appeared to score. The officials ruled that the ball carrier was stopped at the half yard line. On 4th and goal, the Chargers once again ran up the middle. The entire Wilcox offensive line and ball carrier ended up in the endzone, but after another very lengthy discussion the officials ruled that the ball down at the one inch line. Multiple video angles show the ball carrier was definitely in the endzone. Take away one score from Serra and add one for Wilcox and that’s a very close game. I thought both defenses played very well. Congrats go out to both teams in a hard hitting battle that was everything a CCS semifinal between top teams should be.

I thought the MT QB was fine. He made noce passes when he needed to.
I'm sure he did. But let's see how that passing attack works when the run game is put on mute not blast. I've seen this show before and it has parents in the stands second guessing the play calling. I've seen Johnny's father in the stands yelling, "why not pass the darn ball the run game isn't working". But hey, I'm just a gotdamn poster.;)

Hey NCSF on another note do you have a clue where Palma's RB Villegas is heading next year? I meant to tell you during the season he's a special talent and wish him well in the future. From your game reports it seem as if he was a one man wrecking crew.

Hey NCSF on another note do you have a clue where Palma's RB Villegas is heading next year? I meant to tell you during the season he's a special talent and wish him well in the future. From your game reports it seem as if he was a one man wrecking crew.
He has an offer to play at USD, and towards the end of the season I know UC Davis and San Jose State had interest. There may be a couple others. No other offers than USD yet. Injury really hurt his exposure in the playoffs. He was a special RB this year. Injuries really hurt Palma offense and Salinas 5 starter players suspended for the playoff game hurt them. I think both full strength could have challenged for the title. Villegas has pretty good track times and I imaine he'll compete this year. He didn't as a junior but as a soph was very fast in 100 and 200. Jon Jon Bering their other skill player will play baseball at Santa Clara. Micah Olivas WR has an offer to play football at USD. Next season will probably a have a one or two D1 players (lineman and linebacker), and some talented Juniors. Not as much speed as this year at skill positions but line and defense should be good and QB will be good.

Last edited:
He has an offer to play at USD, and towards the end of the season I know UC Davis and San Jose State had interest. There may be a couple others. No other offers than USD yet. Injury really hurt his exposure in the playoffs. He was a special RB this year. Injuries really hurt Palma offense and Salinas 5 starter players suspended for the playoff game hurt them. I think both full strength could have challenged for the title. Villegas has pretty good track times and I imaine he'll compete this year. He didn't as a junior but as a soph was very fast in 100 and 200. Jon Jon Bering their other skill player will play baseball at Santa Clara. Next season will probably a have a one or two D1 players (lineman and linebacker), and some talented Juniors. Not as much speed as this year at skill positions but line and defense should be good and QB will be good.
Good stuff! Elated for him and the other players that are taking their talent to the next level. Wish all of them well. The Junkie

CalPreps projecting MC 24-21

CalPreps projecting MC 24-21

you score 14 and 7 against redwood and acalanes but then your going to explode and score 24 on a team better then both of those? Not sold on that......and I don’t think MC gives up 21 points I think it will be close and low scoring in CN favor

What changed with MC? Earlier this year, most had Marin Catholic bearing Cardinal Newman in this game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT