ADVERTISEMENT

The heavyweights battle tonight!!

You mention Southern California ?? Where kids go to school half the year to play football at Mater Dei then move back to Utah etc. Even playing field ? Ok ask yourself this, of all the schools in the open division basketball or football how many are private and how many are public? What are the top teams year in and year out of the country private or public?? I’ll help you out.. it’s Dominated by private schools. You can’t be serious. Folsom is football school, they still don’t make the open nobody gets talent like private schools. Wake up.
I agree. Cause Folsom football ain’t just the kids in the neighborhood. You are barking up a tree for a school who lost kids that has done the same thing during the winter season. And I will say kids do the same in the bay area. But not travel that far nor miss school. And again some stay with kids parents. 7 transfers is not rare, happens in Southern California all the time. And the public powerhouses ain’t no sweethearts down there as well. And if Folsom could pull talent for football then they should do the same for basketball. Cause we all in the world of privates know it’s not a coincidence any public school power just happens to have a blessed neighborhood. Oh and please don’t consider MC a prep school. They would get smashed by the prep schools on the west coast.
They are not a prep school, but they are the closest thing to it. All private schools, especially the ones with boarding/housing. It’s like you can’t see that private schools can do whatever they want.

You mention Southern California ?? Where kids go to school half the year to play football at Mater Dei then move back to Utah etc. Even playing field ? Ok ask yourself this, of all the schools in the open division basketball or football how many are private and how many are public? What are the top teams year in and year out of the country private or public?? I’ll help you out.. it’s Dominated by private schools. You can’t be serious. Folsom is football school, they still don’t make the open nobody gets talent like private schools. Wake up.
Why would anyone that has a private opportunity go to public. Do you travel to Texas and Florida and play the top schools or do you sit back and say well we can beat them. But to answer your question sure. What you speak of in So Cal football doesn’t happen now. The CIF jumped hard on that. But if you are a big time player where you going. To Crenshaw if you can get thru the curriculum. And don’t give me they don’t do homework bull. Mater Dei suddenly isn’t a power in basketball like they were. Private schools come and go. De La Salle had a hell of a run. They aren’t the same. Riordan is a massive power in basketball again. Wasn’t like that as they ain’t sniffed a state title game since 2002. So see when people like you cry about privates then I think about St Joes, powerhouse to terrible. I think about Bellarmine, horrendous in football and basketball. I think about many. Jesuit was a major basketball power for years. Not no more.

3rd Plano East(Texas)
4th Myers Park(North Carolina)
7th Stony Point(Texas)
12th Oak Ridge(Florida)
13th Grayson(Georgia)

Now I can do the whole list but I am gonna drop the mic after I say this.

14th Ranked Roosevelt Eastvale So Cal 4580 PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS BEAT:

Riordan
Branson
Damien
Bosco
Mater Dei
J Serra
And St Pius

Welp, I think it’s unfair that a 4500 student school plays a 400 student Branson or a 1200 student Riordan. I actually don’t but many would argue that.

Oh sorry had to pick the mic up. Get this, they lost to drumroll, a PUBLIC SCHOOL. And that public school beat a few privates and lost to a few. So, actually I will stop. Eastvale Ca, something must be in the water

Reactions: M.C. fan
Why would anyone that has a private opportunity go to public. Do you travel to Texas and Florida and play the top schools or do you sit back and say well we can beat them. But to answer your question sure. What you speak of in So Cal football doesn’t happen now. The CIF jumped hard on that. But if you are a big time player where you going. To Crenshaw if you can get thru the curriculum. And don’t give me they don’t do homework bull. Mater Dei suddenly isn’t a power in basketball like they were. Private schools come and go. De La Salle had a hell of a run. They aren’t the same. Riordan is a massive power in basketball again. Wasn’t like that as they ain’t sniffed a state title game since 2002. So see when people like you cry about privates then I think about St Joes, powerhouse to terrible. I think about Bellarmine, horrendous in football and basketball. I think about many. Jesuit was a major basketball power for years. Not no more.

3rd Plano East(Texas)
7th Stony Point(Texas)
12th Oak Ridge(Florida)
13th Grayson(Georgia)

Riordan
Branson
Damien
Bosco
Mater Dei
J Serra
And St Pius

Welp, I think it’s unfair that a 4500 student school plays a 400 student Branson or a 1200 student Riordan. I actually don’t but many would argue that.

Oh sorry had to pick the mic up. Get this, they lost to drumroll, a PUBLIC SCHOOL. And that public school beat a few privates and lost to a few. So, actually I will stop. Eastvale Ca, something must be in the water
MC hasn’t even attempted to hide their cheating for 20 years and CIF will never do anything so it is what it is. All the top schools especially down south are doing it to one degree or another.

MC hasn’t even attempted to hide their cheating for 20 years and CIF will never do anything so it is what it is. All the top schools especially down south are doing it to one degree or another.
With all due respect how do we define cheating. I live 30 minutes from De La Salle and 10 minutes from Salesian and 5 minutes from De Anza. If my son was a football star I would find every way possible for my son to go there. Is that cheating? Richard Midgley as I was told went to Oak Hill, felt very isolated and ended up at MC since OH coach had a connection out here.

Riordan now does boarding. I think more schools like Salesian should do it.

Branson is loaded with money. Should young men of color be denied if they are smart enough and athletic but don’t have the money.

I think what truly happens is private schools tend to have outlets that public’s don’t. Many of those outlets are transportation related as it is said what MC does. Well for some it works, others, like St Ignatius has been doing that since I was in high school 87-91. Yet they ain’t won much.

And again in SJS people can knock MC. But what happened in LA. Is this the year we cry that they have 4500 students to Branson, Riordan, Salesian and DLS. I would think those four would be a tad over 4500 students. But obviously Roosevelt got something going on, cause Long Beach Poly sure did for years.

They are not a prep school, but they are the closest thing to it. All private schools, especially the ones with boarding/housing.

3rd Plano East(Texas)
7th Stony Point(Texas)
12th Oak Ridge(Florida)
13th Grayson(Georgia)

Riordan
Branson
Damien
Bosco
Mater Dei
J Serra
And St Pius

You went to private school. You mention all those football teams, who’s number 1 and 2? And how long have they been 1-2 ?? You base your whole argument on Roosevelt? What have they done?? State titles ? Section titles? Anything?? No except one good season. Shocking Harvard-Westlake, Mater-Dei, Bosco, Sierra Canyon, in the state finals every year. Open division winners 6-2 in favor of Private.

With all due respect how do we define cheating. I live 30 minutes from De La Salle and 10 minutes from Salesian and 5 minutes from De Anza. If my son was a football star I would find every way possible for my son to go there. Is that cheating? Richard Midgley as I was told went to Oak Hill, felt very isolated and ended up at MC since OH coach had a connection out here.

Branson is loaded with money. Should young men of color be denied if they are smart enough and athletic but don’t have the money.

I think what truly happens is private schools tend to have outlets that public’s don’t. Many of those outlets are transportation related as it is said what MC does. Well for some it works, others, like St Ignatius has been doing that since I was in high school 87-91. Yet they ain’t won much.

And again in SJS people can knock MC. But what happened in LA. Is this the year we cry that they have 4500 students to Branson, Riordan, Salesian and DLS. I would think those four would be a tad over 4500 students. But obviously Roosevelt got something going on, cause Long Beach Poly sure did for years.
LA City section has not been good for 20 years. When LA city dominated CA basketball for years, it’s because those schools get poached. When 4500 students can’t compete with a school of 400, that should raise a red flag. But you’re a private school kid, so it makes sense.

Seems like you’re the only one outside the loop. Because it’s not a rumor, it’s actual fact. Also, it’s not hard to tell a college coach when a good time to show up to a practice would be. Sac airport to San Jose? What are you even talking about? Folsom to Modesto is 84 miles. Capital to Modesto is 73 miles. Why mention San Ramon Valley to Modesto Christian? MC got a Franklin kid, a Burbank kid, these kids are traveling long distances for school. I know parents that have PERSONALLY SAID they missed school days frequently and still played. So yes, you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Funny, lets evaluate your comment. Facts Lincoln who we just defeated. 5 transfers, 3 played at MC last season. Mc, Sykes Dad is from Merced played at Merced High School; did you know that? I will show empathy towards you, as you only have one side of the story. If you post malicious posts with no factual claims. You can be held to libel laws. Tell a friend!!

Libel — This is defamation in written form. Libel can come in the form of a blog post, online comment, discussion forum, Facebook or Twitter post or any other type of writing.

You went to private school. You mention all those football teams, who’s number 1 and 2? And how long have they been 1-2 ?? You base your whole argument on Roosevelt? What have they done?? State titles ? Section titles? Anything?? No except one good season. Shocking Harvard-Westlake, Mater-Dei, Bosco, Sierra Canyon, in the state finals every year. Open division winners 6-2 in favor of Private.
What is the point to argue when you can’t even state facts.

Sierra Canyon has not been to a state final since 18-19. Bronny James has never been to Sacramento except to watch his dad play.

Mater Dei, hold onto your seat, 14-15(Guess nobody on the football team plays hoops suddenly)

Harvard Westlake win last year, but previous to that 2016

And Bosco, one title in 2014.

See people like you that always have this private vs public argument just run off names.

You ask what has Roosevelt done. They won in a state title in 2017.

And lastly since 2000-2022 public has won D1 12 times. In Nor Cal Monte Vista, Pleasant Grove, San Ramon Valley and McClymonds. And get this three of them best PRIVATE.

D2 13 titles, D3 9 titles, D4 and D5 all private. Makes sense being the smaller privates get in those divisions due to records.

And the lovely open. The let’s set up a division so Mater Dei wins 1 time. And instead of calling it shove all the private school powers in one division, let’s call it OPEN.

As for football De La Salle ran the show for years. MD got sick of it and Bosco said let’s do it. As for them being 1-2, they play anyone. People in Ohio, Nebraska, Florida, and Texas especially public love to say our teams will dominate California. Yet Texas and Florida ain’t beat either one.

See when it comes to the good old private versus public, people like you tend to think it’s the same schools every year in basketball. When per the above it is not. And as I said for privates it runs in trends. Nobody is rattling off boatloads in a row. And when it comes to the open, Sheldon has lost twice and Woodcreek once.

Lastly I am a private school kid. And an extra assistant. And from 2000 to the first year at Golden 1 I have been to every state title game on the floor. I have seen plenty of public’s play. Unfortunately I had an illness that caused driving issues but am now at 100 percent health and will be in Sac again. Riordan and Salesian are the two best Nor Cal teams right now. Riordan has one state title from 2002. Salesian has 2, last 2021. So it’s not the same schools and it’s always not private. And when is the last time Modesto won it. Do some research. You public’s get your panties in a bunch. SJS has been represented well in State Title games over the years by Public. See Page 12.

Funny, lets evaluate your comment. Facts Lincoln who we just defeated. 5 transfers, 3 played at MC last season. Mc, Sykes Dad is from Merced played at Merced High School; did you know that? I will show empathy towards you, as you only have one side of the story. If you post malicious posts with no factual claims. You can be held to libel laws. Tell a friend!!

Libel — This is defamation in written form. Libel can come in the form of a blog post, online comment, discussion forum, Facebook or Twitter post or any other type of writing.
See my last post. Typical public school individual who doesn’t state facts, he lives in the moment of when a public school they follow takes a L

Cheating? Please explain with facts! Hearsay, is for I guess you.

Reactions: larry legend33
See my last post. Typical public school individual who doesn’t state facts, he lives in the moment of when a public school they follow takes a L
That was an amazing artillery of facts, Duffy just got dusted. HSWizard73 is a Basketball Guru and just layed-down the wood on a bunch of pipers piping poop.

Reactions: larry legend33
LA City section has not been good for 20 years. When LA city dominated CA basketball for years, it’s because those schools get poached. When 4500 students can’t compete with a school of 400, that should raise a red flag. But you’re a private school kid, so it makes sense.
Yet Venice lost to Pleasant Grove in 22-23. A school of just under 2000 kids.

That was an amazing artillery of facts, Duffy just got dusted. HSWizard73 is a Basketball Guru and just layed-down the wood on a bunch of pipers piping poop.
I am back at it MC. Semi retired at the moment and have some battles of illness I am cleared for the 80 run way to get my rear end back up to Sac. Unfortunately I missed my floor seating by a few hours. And good to see MC making some noise. One if my best memories of Arco is when Chuck and Midgley had fans sitting in the upper deck. Probably the largest turnout for a high school game in Arco.

I am back at it MC. Semi retired at the moment and have some battles of illness I am cleared for the 80 run way to get my rear end back up to Sac. Unfortunately I missed my floor seating by a few hours. And good to see MC making some noise. One if my best memories of Arco is when Chuck and Midgley had fans sitting in the upper deck. Probably the largest turnout for a high school game in Arco.
over 10,000

modesto is isolated too. just has better weather and more taco shops

Yet Venice lost to Pleasant Grove in 22-23. A school of just under 2000 kids.
Facts … It was Pleasant Valley not Pleasant Grove .
Please don’t use these dumb competitive equity statements that mean squat.
open 10 teams
d1 32
d2 32
d3 ship for venice was 75th place . participation trophy FACTS

Reactions: CoachRandal

john sykes?

The Merced comment. So i was raised in My younger years in San Jose but now reside in Sacramento. So i should have my kids train in Sac but go to online school at Mitty and have them play for Mitty. Ah i get it

Sierra Canyon has not been to a state final since 18-19. Bronny James has never been to Sacramento except to watch his dad play.

Mater Dei, hold onto your seat, 14-15(Guess nobody on the football team plays hoops suddenly)

See people like you that always have this private vs public argument just run off names.

And lastly since 2000-2022 public has won D1 12 times. In Nor Cal Monte Vista, Pleasant Grove, San Ramon Valley and McClymonds. And get this three of them best PRIVATE.

D2 13 titles, D3 9 titles, D4 and D5 all private. Makes sense being the smaller privates get in those divisions due to records.

And the lovely open. The let’s set up a division so Mater Dei wins 1 time. And instead of calling it shove all the private school powers in one division, let’s call it OPEN.

As for football De La Salle ran the show for years. MD got sick of it and Bosco said let’s do it. As for them being 1-2, they play anyone. People in Ohio, Nebraska, Florida, and Texas especially public love to say our teams will dominate California. Yet Texas and Florida ain’t beat either one.

See when it comes to the good old private versus public, people like you tend to think it’s the same schools every year in basketball. When per the above it is not. And as I said for privates it runs in trends. Nobody is rattling off boatloads in a row. And when it comes to the open, Sheldon has lost twice and Woodcreek once.

Lastly I am a private school kid. And an extra assistant. And from 2000 to the first year at Golden 1 I have been to every state title game on the floor. I have seen plenty of public’s play. Unfortunately I had an illness that caused driving issues but am now at 100 percent health and will be in Sac again. Riordan and Salesian are the two best Nor Cal teams right now. Riordan has one state title from 2002. Salesian has 2, last 2021. So it’s not the same schools and it’s always not private. And when is the last time Modesto won it. Do some research. You public’s get your panties in a bunch. SJS has been represented well in State Title games over the years by Public. See Page 12.

They left because you replaced them with better players the year before. Libel? You private schools are hilarious. How’s that chant go?? DADDYS MONEY!! Daddy’s money. So you want to tell me I don’t see kids that I train with DM’s from MC coaches?? Cause we can open that book.

Last edited:
modesto is isolated too. just has better weather and more taco shops
Did you really have to bring up the outstanding food we have in El Sobrante. I own a property in SF and when I pick up rents it is an either pizza or burrito day. We actually have a decent Mexican spot. Outside of that, it’s all chains. I mean don’t ever hear anyone talk about dinner after a Salesian game. Although Nations is down the street and a decent spot every so often

No, we go off the only division people watch. The Open division which is DOMINATED, by private schools that recruit.

As for football De La Salle ran the show for years. MD got sick of it and Bosco said let’s do it.

Got sick and decided to do what?? Recruit

Why even bring up DLS, a private school that recruits and had the most ridiculous run in HS football ever.

They left because you replaced them with better players the year before. Libel? You private schools are hilarious. How’s that chant go?? DADDYS MONEY!! Daddy’s money. So you want to tell me I don’t see kids that I train with DM’s from MC coaches?? Cause we can open that book.
So you are training kids and coaches from MC are reaching out to them. With all due respect what is wrong with that. And maybe you should take this up with whomever sees the school. Many east bay Catholics are part of the Oakland diocese. Raise it up. And daddy’s money. The school cost 7k per their website for 23-24. My son’s private elementary school is more than that in Richmond.

No, we go off the only division people watch. The Open division which is DOMINATED, by private schools that recruit.

As for football De La Salle ran the show for years. MD got sick of it and Bosco said let’s do it.

Got sick and decided to do what?? Recruit

Why even bring up DLS, a private school that recruits and had the most ridiculous run in HS football ever.
You arguement is so flawed. You’re all over the map. Folsom and Pitt High, they ain’t all from Folsom and Pitt. Don’t tell me you buy that BS.

Then you literally mentioned four schools winning it every year. Well BASKETBALL Maury’s lie detector test found you ain’t telling the truth.

Then the open division is dominated by privates. NO WAY, thanks for telling us that know it was MADE FOR PRIVATES. People like you complained so they said let’s make it more fair.

Yet public schools have made appearances in the open. Public schools have got to the finals in the open. And before the open, division 1 was dominated by public schools and like Los Angeles, San Francisco and Oakland are their own sections and Oakland has represented well over the years. San Francisco has been horrendous although Mission pulled one out. And if all private schools, and no disrespect to MC, but they don’t have a shot at a nor cal title. The other 3 are way to strong. And personally I think Riordan is playing best out of the three. And get a shot at being back at the state title game since 02-03. Wow they have done a hell of a job recruiting. Aaron Gordon had a say in the WCAL and he was born in get this, SAN JOSE.

So you are training kids and coaches from MC are reaching out to them. With all due respect what is wrong with that. And maybe you should take this up with whomever sees the school. Many east bay Catholics are part of the Oakland diocese. Raise it up. And daddy’s money. The school cost 7k per their website for 23-24. My son’s private elementary school is more than that in Richmond.
What’s wrong with that?? It’s called Recruiting!

Public schools can’t do that. Nor can they bring kids on tours of the school, have open gyms where kids can come try the facility. With all due respect, you’re older and don’t understand that basketball is not pure anymore. A lot of dirty things are going on. Public schools don’t stand a chance. All other divisions WOULD be dominated by privates, but most of them play in the open division.

Then the open division is dominated by privates. NO WAY, thanks for telling us that know it was MADE FOR PRIVATES. People like you complained so they said let’s make it more fair.

Yes it is dominated by private schools look at the amount of teams in the open every year. Waaaaaay more than public. Looks at this years open in nor cal and so cal

Salesian, Riordan, Branson, DLS, St Joes, MC, Clovis

MD, Roosevelt, Sierra canyon, Corona, Harvard- Westlake, st pius, Jserra

Not dominated by privates, you’re right.

For you bets can we get a list of private school stars and where they were born or lived many years in their respective cities in all sports and see who traveled 60 miles. I will gladly start.

Barry Bonds San Mateo

Tom Brady literally 2 minutes from Serra

Marquise Kately Pacifica(you all ever driven from Pacifica to Riordan, man it’s rough)

Jason Kidd San Francisco(sadly he would have went to Riordan but St Joe’s recruited him when he was in 2nd grade)

Aaron Gordon San Jose(how dear he travel to San Francisco for the Pro Am)

Jared Goff Marin

Brian Shaw Oakland

Damien Lillard Oakland(yeah I know he went to public school since Lippi at St Joes told him he would never make it. Hey legends make mistakes) Imagine that a NBA player who just won the 3 point, will have made 440mil and he graduated from PUBLIC

How about Isaac Fontaine and Festus. Are they from Sac? Oh and is what’s his name for the Bengals from Sac. Jake Browing that’s it. Was the kid from Grant from Sac, God I am getting old. Played a good amount of years in the NFL.

And lastly I may be wrong, but in the SJS I am pretty sure way more pro athletes came from public schools than private in the recent years.

I mean in the Bay Area privates don’t get them all.

Drew Gooden, Jeremy Lin. Davonte Adams. Man Salesian and the WCAL should be ashamed that would have been more alumni dollars. And what the hell was O’Dowd thinking. They let Beast Mode slip away.

Larry,

Branson has a bus that brings kids from the East Bay El Cerrito area. We have a school called Prospect Sierra. Full tuition is 38k. It is extremely difficult to get into and some kids from there go to Branson. 58 percent of the kids are of color. As a note Prospect head of admissions is African American and not sure about Branson. I know the guy who used to be and may still be involved, but I believe he has a higher position now. And both are very generous with flexible tuition. But they are Stanford like when it comes to admission standards.

YUP.. Wizard is a "legend" on here.

What’s wrong with that?? It’s called Recruiting!

Public schools can’t do that. Nor can they bring kids on tours of the school, have open gyms where kids can come try the facility. With all due respect, you’re older and don’t understand that basketball is not pure anymore. A lot of dirty things are going on. Public schools don’t stand a chance. All other divisions WOULD be dominated by privates, but most of them play in the open division.
Yet Folsom football doesn’t pull any funny biz in football. Maybe their basketball coach should take the football staff out to dinner.

And hate to bust your bubble. The best wide receiver just left Ohio to Mater Dei. That’s NIL for you. Hell of a lot more money in the land of celebrities than playing football in the snow.

YUP.. Wizard is a "legend" on here.
Larry I would be willing to bet that not one player of relevance at Branson went to Prospect Sierra with exception to my buddy’s son who is a frosh at Branson. Branson didn’t recruit him, the father has worked there for many years.

Yes it is dominated by private schools look at the amount of teams in the open every year. Waaaaaay more than public. Looks at this years open in nor cal and so cal

Salesian, Riordan, Branson, DLS, St Joes, MC, Clovis

MD, Roosevelt, Sierra canyon, Corona, Harvard- Westlake, st pius, Jserra

Not dominated by privates, you’re right.
Negative posters post negativity with no facts only hearsay. jduffy321: such the muckraker of today 2024, should be nominated for outstanding investigative reporting with no facts. We have four buildings that have been there since the 70's. No New Gym, still same little gym. Tours of Sisk Road? Almond fields with Urban Sprawl. We have had to eliminate the Girls team for now, yet money just gushes off the wall. How about, how the hell are they able Attract High Level Players: Relationships Dude, sorry you have none with us!

Reactions: Coach_Fields

Libel? You may be right but who's going to spend 100k on a lawyer to file a lawsuit? You got that kind of cash to defend your school ? Fact is, outside of a few people on this board nobody cares. Can you imagine a jury listening to this $hit?

Facts … It was Pleasant Valley not Pleasant Grove .
Please don’t use these dumb competitive equity statements that mean squat.
open 10 teams
d1 32
d2 32
d3 ship for venice was 75th place . participation trophy FACTS
You lose the argument when you cannot elaborate your point without calling people dumb. seems Sophomoric at best.

Libel? You may be right but who's going to spend 100k on a lawyer to file a lawsuit? You got that kind of cash to defend your school ? Fact is, outside of a few people on this board nobody cares. Can you imagine a jury listening to this $hit?
I have several pro bono friends who are attorneys!

Reactions: championcif75
Cheating? Please explain with facts! Hearsay, is for I guess you.
I second this. Where is the cheating? They are the only respectable private within miles from an athletic standpoint.

De La Salle has that same advantage. I love DLS and their commitment to sports. But they know damn good and well that if they were in the WCAL they may have won league every year, but no way they run off 151 straight. At one time there were talks that a large private was gonna open in the Dublin Pleasanton area. Had that happened DLS would have had less success. Still would have been a power.

Look again, Crenshaw hasn’t won a title in 30 years, Dominguez hasn’t won in 20 years. Westchester in 15 years.

They get poached by southern section privates

How do public schools over shadow private schools 11-1 in California but the best teams year in and out are private?! You cant be serious

Negative posters post negativity with no facts only hearsay. jduffy321: such the muckraker of today 2024, should be nominated for outstanding investigative reporting with no facts. We have four buildings that have been there since the 70's. No New Gym, still same little gym. Tours of Sisk Road? Almond fields with Urban Sprawl. We have had to eliminate the Girls team for now, yet money just gushes off the wall. How about, how the hell are they able Attract High Level Players: Relationships Dude, sorry you have none with us!
Great relationships, with cotton, zeke Davis, kids you recruited over and sent them packing. You not fooling us.

Private school= books smarts

Public schools = street smarts

Reactions: ankleassassin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT