ADVERTISEMENT

The heavyweights battle tonight!!

They left because you replaced them with better players the year before. Libel? You private schools are hilarious. How’s that chant go?? DADDYS MONEY!! Daddy’s money. So you want to tell me I don’t see kids that I train with DM’s from MC coaches?? Cause we can open that book.
A tale as old as time....open the book !!!!! ( ON ANY PRIVATE SCHOOL ) Or just accept that the rules ( voted upon by public and private schools alike ) Are being followed.

You lose the argument when you cannot elaborate your point without calling people dumb. seems Sophomoric at best.
Jduffy is gonna flip as NIL expands. Serra and DLS better creative if they ever plan to win a state football title. Big money in LA

Yet Folsom football doesn’t pull any funny biz in football. Maybe their basketball coach should take the football staff out to dinner.

And hate to bust your bubble. The best wide receiver just left Ohio to Mater Dei. That’s NIL for you. Hell of a lot more money in the land of celebrities than playing football in the snow.
Of course Folsom recruits, they also have to have OPEN ENROLLMENT 2 weeks out of the year. Open Enrollment in which private schools have all day everyday

Great relationships, with cotton, zeke Davis, kids you recruited over and sent them packing. You not fooling us.

Private school= books smarts

Public schools = street smarts
You just hit the nail on the head. Book smarts. And book smarts know how to play the game. Just as Folsom football

A tale as old as time....open the book !!!!! ( ON ANY PRIVATE SCHOOL ) Or just accept that the rules ( voted upon by public and private schools alike ) Are being followed.
Coach Teaven would not like that very much. He’s the coach from Weston Ranch that got fired for not following Covid Protocol. I feel like there’s a track record of breaking bylaws.

Larry I would be willing to bet that not one player of relevance at Branson went to Prospect Sierra with exception to my buddy’s son who is a frosh at Branson. Branson didn’t recruit him, the father has worked there for many years.

Maybe Larry can argue they were pulling affluent white kids from the Town School for Boys in SF and make a case. But his shit is tired, it's dumb to say that if you're black and from Marin you must be from Marin City. It's dumb to insinuate that even if you were black and from Marin City that Branson isn't a place you could go to school. It's dumb because even if they were from Marin City, let's name the all-time great players from the last 30 years from there - it's a short list and not who you think of first. It's dumb because if all these great players in Marin come from Marin City, and being black equates being good at basketball, let's talk about all those years of Tam MCAL hoops dominance.

Forgive me if any of these weren't insinuated in the comment. Given Larry's history, it should be expected. I don't know how else it should be interpreted.

Look again, Crenshaw hasn’t won a title in 30 years, Dominguez hasn’t won in 20 years. Westchester in 15 years.

They get poached by southern section privates

How do public schools over shadow private schools 11-1 in California but the best teams year in and out are private?! You cant be serious
It’s simple. Have you been to some of the public schools around the private schools. Whether you are in low income or middle, or even high, time and time again the facilities are better. The structure of the schools are. And many many times the coaching is. Public school parents run coaches out especially in the upper income areas. It’s pathetic. Good luck getting rid of a private school coach. And I am sure since you seem to know it all. That a well respected and damn good non campus public school coach can immediately be replaced by a on campus no questions asked. That doesn’t help matters. So let’s keep it real. We all know the big AAU programs don’t want a carousel of coaches. Or even have that situation that some calculus teacher can draw up plays. But can draw up a play on a chalk board to save his life. Coaches first attract talent. Go watch Salesian basketball and DLS who have less D1 athletes and no disrespect to Riordan who has more. But those two coaches run offense sets over and over again that will run damn good public schools into the ground as Salesian did to San Ramon. Riordan runs sets as well, however they have the best talent and can get away with a lot of one on one.

And what someone with the basketball background knows, is MC son the last 3 games by 25 total against public’s. That’s more than just players buddy.

Riordan against privates:

80-41, 74-48, 88-59, 76-56 Mitty, 74-51, 86-40, 79-32, those are the last league games.

62-45 catholic school not in league and 65-49 against a league school and play the finals against a league school.

Well, maybe the WCAL needs a intervention so they can learn to poach better as every kid at Riordan goes do school daily and doesn’t travel 60 miles

And God Damn, guess they learned to recruit again. Or just maybe the Oakland Soldiers kids attract other kids and bam Riordan is back on the map. Cause they ain’t been this good in years.

At the end of the day, regardless of what side you are on. We are all passionate about basketball! Let us be adults and not lash out of frustration with false claims and lack of evidence to support such claims. Private vs. Public will continue after this post throughout the Country, as for me I will say HSWIZARD is a guru with facts. Thank you for your support!! The Others who have never written a positive word for MC, can remain in the shadows of hate, jealousy and conceit.

Reactions: HSWIZARD73
Of course Folsom recruits, they also have to have OPEN ENROLLMENT 2 weeks out of the year. Open Enrollment in which private schools have all day everyday
Do you even have a clue why we have open enrollment. My son goes to a school called St David’s K-8. Some families drop, others come in. Private schools don’t get our taxes your schools do. Therefore way more kids academically transfer to another private or leave to a public than athletes. I am looking at a private transfer now and my kid is not an athlete. And you say “all day every day.” Valid point but the CCS, SJS, and NCS have a say in how that works sports wise.

Coach Teaven would not like that very much. He’s the coach from Weston Ranch that got fired for not following Covid Protocol. I feel like there’s a track record of breaking bylaws.
Because Somebody:
a) had valid! information ( I may not agree with it )
b) had the integrity to report it.

You don't have either.

At the end of the day, regardless of what side you are on. We are all passionate about basketball! Let us be adults and not lash out of frustration with false claims and lack of evidence to support such claims. Private vs. Public will continue after this post throughout the Country, as for me I will say HSWIZARD is a guru with facts. Thank you for your support!! The Others who have never written a positive word for MC, can remain in the shadows of hate, jealousy and conceit.

Sophaur One is my favorite MC alum

Maybe Larry can argue they were pulling affluent white kids from the Town School for Boys in SF and make a case. But his shit is tired, it's dumb to say that if you're black and from Marin you must be from Marin City. It's dumb to insinuate that even if you were black and from Marin City that Branson isn't a place you could go to school. It's dumb because even if they were from Marin City, let's name the all-time great players from the last 30 years from there - it's a short list and not who you think of first. It's dumb because if all these great players in Marin come from Marin City, and being black equates being good at basketball, let's talk about all those years of Tam MCAL hoops dominance.

Forgive me if any of these weren't insinuated in the comment. Given Larry's history, it should be expected. I don't know how else it should be interpreted.
The funny thing is the private school haters think every athlete is on scholarship. They tend to forget that when it comes to Branson, Stuart Hall who has made some noise, De La Salle, St Ignatius, Bellarmine, Valley Christian, many of the black athletes parents are well off. You think Ronnie Lotts kids and Roger Craig’s kids got full rides. Bubba Paris. Well their are parents at Branson, Ayalar’s Hall, Marin Catholic, DLS and Bellarmine don’t get me started with them and their mini Stanford campus, what have way more money than the above pro athletes and whose kids play sports. And some kids at Riordan have some deep pockets as well.

Endless debates. Always will be with this topic. On a different note does open take 5 or 8 teams this year?
Hopefully 8 or Jduffy is gonna lose his you know what. On a serious note Riordan Salesian no doubt. I would throw DLS and Branson. Don’t think Mitty, Riordan blasted them last time and I think Riordan will do the same or worse tonight. MC has to go in my opinion. Private that wins D1 should be bumped which I feel doesn’t fair them well. You have St Joes. That’s six. Throw two more in for good measure and award the 1 and 2 seed for great seasons.

Reactions: nobody209
Look again, Crenshaw hasn’t won a title in 30 years, Dominguez hasn’t won in 20 years. Westchester in 15 years.

They get poached by southern section privates

How do public schools over shadow private schools 11-1 in California but the best teams year in and out are private?! You cant be serious
breaks my heart... but we sure had a great run.

off topic.. coach teaven posted a tweet last night to nba on tnt and they read it on the show after the game

Reactions: M.C. fan
I remember those Crenshaw teams coming up here and breaking O'Dowd's heart time and again... Great teams!

Please stop with this Private schools are better than Public Academically. Are you aware that teachers in California private school don’t need any credentials. Another words they can go grab anyone off the street and make them a teacher. In fact i know some in the area

Also Duffy this thread is going back and forth . Why not just come on here and tell exactly what most of us know and stop all the Libel talk.
That was an amazing artillery of facts, Duffy just got dusted. HSWizard73 is a Basketball Guru and just layed-down the wood on a bunch of pipers piping poop.
Facts???? Salesian didn’t win a ship in 2021 because that was A covid year. And are we talking boys or girls. Salesian girls won in 2022 and correct me if i’m wrong the boys last title was D4 in 2012 and 2009. Point is you are co-signing things you know nothing about.

Scenario:

SRV beats Branson.
Salesian beats DLS.
St. Joes defeats Clovis North.
Riordan defeats Mitty.

What would the Open division look like?
1. Salesian
2-3 Riordan or St Joes
4 - 5 MC / DLS
6 ........

I would like to place Branson, SRV and Mitty in D1 and only go with 5 teams in Open (with MC / DLS in a play-in game) but pretty sure they'll add a sixth team. Possibly Mitty since already have two NCS teams in there. Don't think that SRV will beat Branson though.

1. Salesian
2-3 Riordan or St Joes
4 - 5 MC / DLS
6 ........

I would like to place Branson, SRV and Mitty in D1 and only go with 5 teams in Open (with MC / DLS in a play-in game) but pretty sure they'll add a sixth team. Possibly Mitty since already have two NCS teams in there. Don't think that SRV will beat Branson though.
If Branson wins, then what would the seeding look like in your opinion?

1. Salesian
2-3 Riordan or St Joes
4 - 5 MC / DLS
6 ........

Mark Tennis of CalHiSports agree that only 5 will be selected, I personally wanted 7 or 8.

Reactions: concrete17
1. Salesian
2-3 Riordan or St Joes
4 - 5 MC / DLS
6 ........

If St. Joe’s beats Clovis North tomorrow night, they’ll end up 31-2. If they go north for NorCals, it would be hard to see them be lower than the 2 seed. But, stranger things have happened as they were somehow just the 3rd seed in their own section.

Salesian ended sections 29-1, likely the top seed.
DLS finished at 25-5
MC was 27-5
The R beats Mitty, finishes 24-4
Mitty winds up 21-7
Branson is 22-7 and SRV 25-6 heading into tomorrow night’s NCS Open 3rd place game.

The selection committee will have its hands full on Sunday sorting all that out 🍿 .

If St. Joe’s beats Clovis North tomorrow night, they’ll end up 31-2. If they go north for NorCals, it would be hard to see them be lower than the 2 seed. But, stranger things have happened as they were somehow just the 3rd seed in their own section.

Salesian ended sections 29-1, likely the top seed.
DLS finished at 25-5
MC was 27-5
The R beats Mitty, finishes 24-4
Mitty winds up 21-7
Branson is 22-7 and SRV 25-6 heading into tomorrow night’s NCS Open 3rd place game.

The selection committee will have its hands full on Sunday sorting all that out 🍿 .
Yes, .quite the Observation22...Salesian will be #1 seed, the seed that haunts them funny enough. St. Joesph or Riordan will be #2/#3 MC should get #4, #5 DLS, #6 Branson

Reactions: observer22
M.C Congratulations on the 3-peat my friend,bravo!👏👏.You remember the old saying”just beating a dead horse”,well,i feel as if i have to drive to your neck of the woods and reach out to you and say “Gimme that”,lol,……you feel me M.C?Now,go enjoy your day.😉…Since i’m down here,where do i go for 2 good beef enchilada’s,beans and rice and a cold beer before heading home?🤣🤣😉😉😉

Last edited:
It’s simple. Have you been to some of the public schools around the private schools. Whether you are in low income or middle, or even high, time and time again the facilities are better. The structure of the schools are. And many many times the coaching is. Public school parents run coaches out especially in the upper income areas. It’s pathetic. Good luck getting rid of a private school coach. And I am sure since you seem to know it all. That a well respected and damn good non campus public school coach can immediately be replaced by a on campus no questions asked. That doesn’t help matters. So let’s keep it real. We all know the big AAU programs don’t want a carousel of coaches. Or even have that situation that some calculus teacher can draw up plays. But can draw up a play on a chalk board to save his life. Coaches first attract talent. Go watch Salesian basketball and DLS who have less D1 athletes and no disrespect to Riordan who has more. But those two coaches run offense sets over and over again that will run damn good public schools into the ground as Salesian did to San Ramon. Riordan runs sets as well, however they have the best talent and can get away with a lot of one on one.

And what someone with the basketball background knows, is MC son the last 3 games by 25 total against public’s. That’s more than just players buddy.

Riordan against privates:

80-41, 74-48, 88-59, 76-56 Mitty, 74-51, 86-40, 79-32, those are the last league games.

62-45 catholic school not in league and 65-49 against a league school and play the finals against a league school.

Well, maybe the WCAL needs a intervention so they can learn to poach better as every kid at Riordan goes do school daily and doesn’t travel 60 miles

And God Damn, guess they learned to recruit again. Or just maybe the Oakland Soldiers kids attract other kids and bam Riordan is back on the map. Cause they ain’t been this good in years.
Mellis Is a good coach but Salesian didn’t beat SRV because of play execution, they beat them because they have better athletes. Several public schools in the EBAL know how to run plays.

Mellis Is a good coach but Salesian didn’t beat SRV because of play execution, they beat them because they have better athletes. Several public schools in the EBAL know how to run plays.

Not the game I watched. They of course score off of the press, but a decent amount
of their threes come off offensive sets. The left handed kid hit two in a row off the same play. They do a great job cutting and executing. With those many athletes sure buckets are gonna come. But sit behind his bench, I now have a few times and he calls plays often.

Reactions: MC415
M.C Congratulations on the 3-peat my friend,bravo!👏👏.You remember the old saying”just beating a dead horse”,well,i feel as if i have to drive to your neck of the woods and reach out to you and say “Gimme that”,lol,……you feel me M.C?Now,go enjoy your day.😉…Since i’m down here,where do i go for 2 good beef enchilada’s,beans and rice and a cold beer before heading home?🤣🤣😉😉😉
La Parrilla on Oakdale...amazing...sorry just got your message!!

Reactions: championcif75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT