ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Gonsalves has resigned at St Mary’s

your car will definitely get broken in if you live in the bay. i am on number 3 break in within the last 14 months.
and bruh you have been from hawaii then moved to stockton?!?!?!? you high??

i've lived in the bay 25 years and never had my car broken into...generalizations...smh

Whitney Boddie never played club basketball and played for a small 2A school in the middle of nowhere in Alabama -- and wound up in the WNBA.

Kayte Christensen played for Modoc High and not in club basketball and wound up in the WNBA.

So it's my turn: Name those players who should have gotten D-1 rides but didn't.

Whitney Boddie never played club basketball and played for a small 2A school in the middle of nowhere in Alabama -- and wound up in the WNBA.

Kayte Christensen played for Modoc High and not in club basketball and wound up in the WNBA.

So it's my turn: Name those players who should have gotten D-1 rides but didn't.
Clay... those players are at least 35 years old... AAU/ travel ball back then 20ish years ago was not what it is now.. you know that.

Reactions: GBBall4L
True, but since women's basketball is bigger business now, college coaches have even more resources to find players just like that. And since parents have been scared into doing more club activities -- as they have in all sports -- it's difficult to find any accomplished player who didn't play club basketball.

And I still want the names of D-1 level players who didn't get D-1 rides (and had the grades, etc.).

Reactions: ankleassassin
I'm not going to name names either, but I definitely think there have been players in the past that did not get much or any playing time at some of the "powerhouse" schools who were better than some of the stars of lesser schools. In other words, if they would have gone to their local public school, they would have likely scored 20+ pts a game and garnered some attention and could lobby themselves with a nice highlight video.

Now that being said, in my mind, that may also say there are some that received D-1 scholarships that were not D-1 caliber (again, in my mind). So I think that comparatively I would say, “well that kid on the bench at school X is just as good if not better than that kid at school Y and she got an offer”. So once again, just to clarify, I’m not suggesting that there are schools that have D-1 players riding the pine.. I’m saying that there are some kids that stand out against lesser peers and optics do matter in recruiting.

your car will definitely get broken in if you live in the bay. i am on number 3 break in within the last 14 months.
and bruh you have been from hawaii then moved to stockton?!?!?!? you high??

But did they steal a Bible from you full of your notes...dude that is low
I moved from Honolulu to Bay Area then Utah then Texas then back to the Bay
A few years ago I was tricked into moving to Stockdump...a family member said I could
Sublet 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and 2 lofts in one
Of those Weston Ranch track homes
When I show up with my moving truck he tells me he has to charge me $1500 not the $500
A month as he promised...

But did they steal a Bible from you full of your notes...dude that is low
I moved from Honolulu to Bay Area then Utah then Texas then back to the Bay
A few years ago I was tricked into moving to Stockdump...a family member said I could
Sublet 3 bedrooms, 2 bath and 2 lofts in one
Of those Weston Ranch track homes
When I show up with my moving truck he tells me he has to charge me $1500 not the $500
A month as he promised...
LOOOLLLLLLLLLL... you are fantastic. Never change!

Clay... those players are at least 35 years old... AAU/ travel ball back then 20ish years ago was not what it is now.. you know that.

And back then the summer league high school basketball circuit was today's AAU

robert micheal morris
True, but since women's basketball is bigger business now, college coaches have even more resources to find players just like that. And since parents have been scared into doing more club activities -- as they have in all sports -- it's difficult to find any accomplished player who didn't play club basketball.

And I still want the names of D-1 level players who didn't get D-1 rides (and had the grades, etc.).

Ok, Greer Hoyem, M-A and Hannah Peterson, Leigh.

Hoyem was league MVP, all CCS and All State, had the size and skill to play D1 and always matched up very well when playing against players that went on to play D1.

Peterson was all everything in HS, only had D2 offers out of high school, chose to go to JC and is now a starter at Cal Poly.

The problem with asking for player's names is the argument, well she didn't get a D1 offer so obviously she wasn't good enough, or she wasn't good enough until she played at a JC. It is completely subjective.

450,000+ girls play HS basketball - 1.1% go on to play at the D1 level, with an even smaller percentage garnering multiple offers - it is really, really difficult to get a D1 scholarship.

Maybe your experience is different - perhaps the players at schools like Miramonte roll into the gym, win some games, don't play for Cal Stars or some other high end club teams and then, by their JR year wade through a multitude of offers from desperate D1 coaches, burdened with so many spots to fill. My experience has been different.

Great reply ... and I appreciate the names. Where is Hoyem playing now, or did she not play in college?

Did Peterson play club basketball?

Great reply ... and I appreciate the names. Where is Hoyem playing now, or did she not play in college?

Did Peterson play club basketball?
Hoyem is not playing as far as I know. Peterson I believe played EBX, but I'm not sure about that. Ask colhenry about Hoyem, he knows the PAL kids pretty well.

robert micheal morris

Ok, Greer Hoyem, M-A and Hannah Peterson, Leigh.

Hoyem was league MVP, all CCS and All State, had the size and skill to play D1 and always matched up very well when playing against players that went on to play D1.

Peterson was all everything in HS, only had D2 offers out of high school, chose to go to JC and is now a starter at Cal Poly.

The problem with asking for player's names is the argument, well she didn't get a D1 offer so obviously she wasn't good enough, or she wasn't good enough until she played at a JC. It is completely subjective.

450,000+ girls play HS basketball - 1.1% go on to play at the D1 level, with an even smaller percentage garnering multiple offers - it is really, really difficult to get a D1 scholarship.

Maybe your experience is different - perhaps the players at schools like Miramonte roll into the gym, win some games, don't play for Cal Stars or some other high end club teams and then, by their JR year wade through a multitude of offers from desperate D1 coaches, burdened with so many spots to fill. My experience has been different.
of the 450000 how many really play to go division 1? Alot play to just be around friends or to have an activity on their college application. Yes it is hard to get the scholarship however it is easier to get it versus the boys and i think that was the argument to start. Or maybe it was the girl who was being abused and decided to leave St. Marys but her parents wouldnt let her because she wouldnt get a scholarship playing at Lincoln or Manteca.

When you are speaking of your child. There is no rule or code. If the mental abuse was so egregious then you do what you have to do. Protecting your child by any means. That is my point. I think these parents are now bumping their gums when he is no use to them. But while there they were clapping and cheering along and posting #Rams4life #15timechamps. Now all the sudden life was a hellhole? I just dont like the way it is playing out when if it was truly that big a deal 95% would have pulled their child immediately. Again basketball isnt worth a child being abused.
or perhaps a new parent finally did speak up....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT