ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Gonsalves has resigned at St Mary’s

Streak one is not very consistent with what is allowed to stay up and what isnt.

What part isn’t consistent?

The post taken down had a number of heavy claims that couldn’t be confirmed. Opinions are great but that post was more a personal attack

What part isn’t consistent?

The post taken down had a number of heavy claims that couldn’t be confirmed. Opinions are great but that post was more a personal attack

Whoa. There are a lot of things on this thread that can't be confirmed. I've heart the MLK tournament thing prior to that post but it wasn't my place to bring it up. Half of what is posted on this forum is conjecture. I guess with Tom and Kelly having a close relationship, and also what appears to be a relation that you have with that circle it makes sense you would want to take it down. Kelly or Tom probably reached out to you and said take it down. Hopefully the conjecture I just posted doesn't get me banned or removed also. :(

Whoa. There are a lot of things on this thread that can't be confirmed. I've heart the MLK tournament thing prior to that post but it wasn't my place to bring it up. Half of what is posted on this forum is conjecture. I guess with Tom and Kelly having a close relationship, and also what appears to be a relation that you have with that circle it makes sense you would want to take it down. Kelly or Tom probably reached out to you and said take it down. Hopefully the conjecture I just posted doesn't get me banned or removed also. :(

I think the line between what is allowed on here and what was posted (and since taken down) is clear. If I’m missing something, I’m always willing to listen.

And nobody reached out to me about any of these posts. I make those decisions

Reactions: colhenrylives

I think it was a lot of mudslinging (true or not) with statements that can't be verified at this time-a personal opinion. If you look at his twitter (in the last couple days) he's really trying to separate himself with SMS. It's a shame that he's done so much for the school and all that work is being torn down. Can't there be a happy medium?

Reactions: GBBall4L
I am glad you took it down. that was some stuff by a couple people that were not needed. go holla at tom face to face if you gonna do all that. don't get twitter fingers.

I think the line between what is allowed on here and what was posted (and since taken down) is clear. If I’m missing something, I’m always willing to listen.

And nobody reached out to me about any of these posts. I make those decisions

I can respect it. The rules are posted. But from the outside looking in it was starting to look like a soap opera or Novella as my brown brothers and sisters would say. And it was starting to get interesting and entertaining. But you have a forum to moderate so I understand.

Reactions: Norcal_Fan
I can respect it. The rules are posted. But from the outside looking in it was starting to look like a soap opera or Novella as my brown brothers and sisters would say. And it was starting to get interesting and entertaining. But you have a forum to moderate so I understand.
It was definitely interesting!

Don’t know where the post or poster Tommygreen is
...the stuff was nuclear with lots of detail and
Described actual crimes that Stockton PD would have interest in investigating...
Like I said too hot for this forum
Obvious somebody who knows inside information

This whole thing is starting to make sense. My speculation is said coach and the former AD must have had a silent agreement in regards to the MLK tournament and the new AD saw through it. If something was going on said coach had to have known because the CIF doesn't just miraculously start investigating something. If im another school I'm not touching "said coach" with a 10 foot pole. This is all speculation of course and my personal opinion. Now said coach appears on a mission to destroy what he built. "if I can't have you no one will"

https://www.recordnet.com/sports/20...lation-of-cif-lsquoundue-influencersquo-rules

Last edited:
This whole thing is starting to make sense. My speculation is said coach and the former AD must have had a silent agreement in regards to the MLK tournament and the new AD saw through it. If something was going on said coach had to have known because the CIF doesn't just miraculously start investigating something. If im another school I'm not touching "said coach" with a 10 foot pole. This is all speculation of course and my personal opinion. Now said coach appears on a mission to destroy what he built. "if I can't have you no one will"

https://www.recordnet.com/sports/20...lation-of-cif-lsquoundue-influencersquo-rules

wow...that's shady and especially to do that to a former player. Great coach, but lost a lot of respect in my eyes. That's like Self, Pitino, and Sean Miller not knowing what's happening in their program when we ALL know they knew or had a clue what was happening. What a stain on the entire program, coaches, and admin. :(

wow...that's shady and especially to do that to a former player. Great coach, but lost a lot of respect in my eyes. That's like Self, Pitino, and Sean Miller not knowing what's happening in their program when we ALL know they knew or had a clue what was happening. What a stain on the entire program, coaches, and admin. :(

Different circumstances, but it reminds me of Bob Knight and Indiana. And it took them 20 years to reunite

96025404_10220997970995461_7820550883787145216_n.jpg

Another interesting tweet from said coach. First his story was that he resigned because they weren't trying to be competitive, now he says they got rid of him to try to get the CIF off their back. Said coach is making a mockery of himself

Another interesting tweet from said coach. First his story was that he resigned because they weren't trying to be competitive, now he says they got rid of him to try to get the CIF off their back. Said coach is making a mockery of himself
I told all of you this guy was a fake USA coach of the year..and you all were kissing his rear end....truth hurts

I told all of you this guy was a fake USA coach of the year..and you all were kissing his rear end....truth hurts

I'm questioning the character of this person not the coaching ability. Maybe you were referring to the character element as well as the coaching but I was referring to the coaching element. As a coach I can't take away his accomplishments. For the personal, I can only make my assumptions based on what I see as this plays out.

I'm questioning the character of this person not the coaching ability. Maybe you were referring to the character element as well as the coaching but I was referring to the coaching element. As a coach I can't take away his accomplishments. For the personal, I can only make my assumptions based on what I see as this plays out.
Coaching is more than wins...exactly

Last edited:
Coaching is more that wins...exactly

Yes this is very true. Sad to see how this is unfolding. It's looking more and more like he will do anything to destroy what he has built at St Mary's even if impacts the girls he supposedly cares for. When you compare how coach Hipol handled his situation to this situation it is like night and day. :(

Yes this is very true. Sad to see how this is unfolding. It's looking more and more like he will do anything to destroy what he has built at St Mary's even if impacts the girls he supposedly cares for. When you compare how coach Hipol handled his situation to this situation it is like night and day. :(
The accusations against Hipol arent exactly criminal. Maybe the moral police or the let everyone give a chance police. But not criminal. Like Tom is being accused of.

If you've ever spent any time around either of them in person its easy to tell who the better, more polite, and personable person is... even without this mess

Reactions: Bigran44
No crimes have been alleged outside of a poster posting something and then leaving.

My guess is -- and I don't know -- that the school wanted different accounting procedures done of his events, and he didn't think it was necessary. Many coaches have run into similar issues about camps or showcases over the years, and schools go back and forth from wanting to control it and leaving it alone.

My favorite story on this: When I was at Campo, the administration decided that the sports programs should run all their accounts through the school, and the school should write the checks for uniforms, equipment, tournaments, etc., instead of letting the teams collect and spend money themselves.

So the football coach walked into the understaffed accounting office, and dumped tens of thousands of dollars of receipts, invoices and requests on someone's desk and said "OK, it's all yours. I'm glad I don't have to do it any more."

A few days later, the push to have the school write the checks suddenly went to the back burner.

Lol. I'm sure there is a lot of work that comes with running the athletic budget for a team that the administration doesn't want to deal with.

It's starting to look more and more like said coach definitely dropped dime on said high school. We still don't know if there are as any wrong doing but said coach sure believes so. You would think he actually gave a damn about the girls that still have to play for the school whether he is gone or not.

Both parties should probably get off twitter and move on. Both look really bad. It should be about the Girls. It's clearly not. That's it. The grab ass back and forth is childish. My 2 c's. Feel bad for the kids there. Toxic

The new St Mary's Twitter accounts havent said anything about the former coach. What do you mean both parties?

Here is the official St Mary's Stock girls basketball Twitter account

Stockton MLK account

I haven't seen anything referencing the former coach on these what are you referring to? The other accounts are not official St Mary's Stockton high school Twitter accounts. They are ran by the former coach.

Last edited:
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE FIRST MATCH UP BETWEEN TOM'S TEAM AND HIS FORMER TEAM!!!!!

There is too much baggage associated with him and too much on public display. I don't know if Tom will land at another private school. I don't think any of the public schools he could go to can compete with St Mary's unless they are open enrollment

There is too much baggage associated with him and too much on public display. I don't know if Tom will land at another private school. I don't think any of the public schools he could go to can compete with St Mary's unless they are open enrollment
Where there is a will there is a way.
His team will win the fight tho!

Where there is a will there is a way.
His team will win the fight tho!

Nope. If you know any former or current parents of SMS players you understand that the players didn't care for the coach. From what I understand they felt he was fake and didn't care about them. I'm riding with Coach Moreno. She is a former standout player for SMS, played in college and coached at a mountain West school. She was the associate head coach on a program that had the biggest D1 turnaround. She left SJSU on good terms and coach Craighead supports her. Every player wants to play behind a coach they can love and I believe the new SMS coach will be that.

Nope. If you know any former or current parents of SMS players you understand that the players didn't care for the coach. From what I understand they felt he was fake and didn't care about them. I'm riding with Coach Moreno. She is a former standout player for SMS, played in college and coached at a mountain West school. She was the associate head coach on a program that had the biggest D1 turnaround. She left SJSU on good terms and coach Craighead supports her. Every player wants to play behind a coach they can love and I believe the new SMS coach will be that.

Fake and didn’t care about them....gee who has been saying that for years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT