14. Saint Francis
  15. Sac
  16. Mclatchy
  17. ESCP
  18. Silver Creek
  19. San Ramon Valley
  20. SHCP
I feel like I did pretty well here

let me give this a try now after scrimmages this past week....I don't care what the national rankings say...I trust this board more than any of them...as we have seen most of these team play numerous times and go by the eye test rather than some computer program or hearsay.

1... PW... 4 returning starters...with 2 good soph guards ready to step in for Claros at PG. I think PW is going to be great...their best team in this current run.

2... MITTY... will always have the best player on the court which as we all know goes a LONG ways. But I'm not sold on the transfers yet...got to prove it to me.
Still only drop to #2 though...lol

3...CLET....probably a surprise to most that I put them this high....but from what I've seen they have a slick PG and an excellent BIG plus they run 8-9 deep. They will be a handful.

4...SALESIAN

5...BOD

6...SMS...chatter coming out of SMS is they have some big time transfers who will be eligible in Jan. If true I would say SMS will be trending up at that point. But for now (preseason) I will put them at the 6. Time will tell.

7...McClatchy...this is a tough seeding for me because with Lowery and Kam they should be better than what they have shown. They have been loaded with talent over the last 4 or 5 yrs and yet have NEVER made it into the OPEN. The BIGGEST UNDERACHIEVERS in NorCal without a doubt. So I'm going to bite 1 last time...I'd expect them to make it to the finals in the SJS D1....but honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they lose in the 2nd/3rd rd to someone like Consumnes Oaks.

8... SJND
9... HERITAGE
10...ANTELOPE
11...SAC HI
12...CN
13...MM
14...BEAR CREEK
15...ST FRANCIS (WCAL)
16...CONSUMNES OAKS
17...ESP
18...WHITNEY
19...BRADSHAW CHRISTIAN
20...PIEDMONT/FOLSOM/SRV/CHRISTIAN BROS

***I THINK 12-17 CAN BE INTERCHANGED WITH NO ARGUMENT

well I got the TOP 4 teams right at least...we will see if PW ends up at #1 or Salesian.

and its looking like I may even be correct on #5 as BOD is beating teams down towards their march to another state championship.

6...SMS at 6 looks good
7... McClatchy too high at 7
8...SJND looks spot on
9/10/11... heritage/antelope(switch them) and sac look properly placed
12...CN...switch with MM
13...MM...switch with CN
14...Bear Creek....MISS!!! should be in the 9-11 range....Put BC at 9 and bump everyone down 1.

15. SF...they did beat and end CN season but still don't think they should be here..I think this is a miss
16-20...mostly misses but SRV turned out to be a decent pick,

so how did everyone else do??

Always fun (a little scary to look back):

Open Teams: #1 Mitty, #2 Pinewood, #3 Salesian, #6 St. Joseph, #7 St. Mary's-S, #9 Carondelet

D1 Finals: #4 BOD, #15 Bear Creek

Was too low on Carondelet and turned out right on O'Dowd (though i was looking for exits off that bus).

Miramonte at #5, Sacramento at #8, Antelope at #10, McClatchy at #11 and Heritage at #12 I think were solid ranks.

It was a reach to have Woodside and Eastside Prep in the preseason Top 20

1. Mitty
2. Pinewood
3. Salesian
4. St Mary’s Stockton
5. Antelope
6. SJND
7. Bear Creek
8. BOD
9. Carondelet
10. Miramonte
11. McClatchy
12. Sac High
13. Cardinal Newman
14. Heritage
15. Bradshaw Christian
16. Sacred Heart Cathedral
17. Folsom
18. Eastside College Prep
19. Whitney
20. Christian Brothers
I think all of our top 14 turned out to be the right teams, pretty good job. If I switch Antelope and BOD, pretty dang close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT