ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Coaches in My Opinion

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
I have thought long on hard on this one and I not only take there records in mind but there program, scheduling and developing of young student athletes as well as what many people say about them. I have reffed many of these guys so this is my own personal takes. In no particular order.............

Vic Galli- He has done it longer and better then most have. His program for the most part are in the NCS Playoffs each and every year. His pre-season schedule is a good and tough as any public school in Northern California. He wants to play the best and he challenges his kids on a daily basis. He has brought pride to Pittsburg Football and not only is he a hell of a coach, teacher but an ever better person. I would have loved for my boys to have played for him. Friday night lights in Pittsburg is something special and they always put on a great show. His kids graduate, rarely loses kid to grades and produces a ton of players that go on to play at the next level.

Tim Murphy- This guy is a winner. Ygnacio Valley, Clovis & Clayon Valley Charter, wherever he goes, winning goes with him. One of the first to adapt the DLS workout routine, it all starts in the weight room with this guy. Team bonding in the weight room as well as on the field & classrooms put his team above most. Film study is something he teaches his players early on and his hard work ethic is contagious and it spreads. He teams as well prepared and his game plans are unique to each opponent and his style of play and lack of a kick game isn't the most popular among his parents but the end the results are the most important and he's on the winning side more then most. Murphy leads by example, he works hard in the weight room his teams, classroom and he expects his players to play the game the right way and if you haven't seen the Ugly Eagles, please get out and watch this squad, you will be entertained from start to finish. I think they will run the table and finish 9-1.

Matt Sweeney- Foothill has been lucky to have such a great coach for 20 plus years. First class all the way with this guy & very passionate about his Football Family. One of the best leaders of young men in the area and he will go to battle for his players and it doesn't stop once his players graduate, his loyalty is infectious and his former players look up to him like a 2nd father. His team is struggling this year but he coaches just as hard this year as he did last year when they won the EBAL and lost in the NCS Finals. Always coaches his teams until the final whistle and will coach the 2nd teamers as hard as his 1st teamers. His battle with cancer the past few months has been nothing short of inspiring. He coached Foothill's girls softball into the NCS Finals without missing a beat, will go to treatment and still make it back to school for practice, weights and meetings. His ability to not let cancer get or keep him down has been a great example to his players to never give up, never say I can't and keep trying. One of the hardest working coaches on the sidelines and involved in all 3 phases of the game.

Justin Alumbaugh- DLS coach that kept the well oiled machine going and might have given it a tune up along the way. Been a part of this program for a long while and knows what it takes to win at the highest level. His pre-season schedule is among the best around and will play anyone anywhere. I really love how he coaches to his players talents and isn't afraid to mix things up each and every week. I like how his teams play, well prepared, well disciplined and give great effort up and down his line up. His kids are so well prepared to play at the next level and his players respect him and it shows.

Craig Bergman- Monte Vista Mustangs have been a top level program almost ever since Bergman took over this program. Not sure there is a better offensive minded coach in our game and his teams have always been able to score but defense has been there trouble area over the past few years but I am seeing and hearing good things out of Danville this year. As a ref, my crews have had very little problems with Bergman or his staff, you knows who's in charge and even though he might not agree with you, he's got a very professional and respectful way of getting his points across. One of the hardest working coaches I have seen over my years, well liked among his players, parents and fans and hear very few negative things about his programs. His teams are always well prepared, play hard, respectful of the game and there opponents and runs a first class program. Has developed a great base of players that played at the next level and you always see alums come back to cheer his teams on.

Reactions: concrete17
SJS Top 5 coaches:

Kris Richardson - Folsom (state champ)
Casey Taylor - Del Oro (state champ)
Chris Nixon - Elk Grove (consistent power house)
Tony Franks - St. Marys (possible state champ 2016)
Roger Canapa - Central Catholic (state champ)

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
SJS Top 5 coaches:

Kris Richardson - Folsom (state champ)
Casey Taylor - Del Oro (state champ)
Chris Nixon - Elk Grove (consistent power house)
Tony Franks - St. Marys (possible state champ 2016)
Roger Canapa - Central Catholic (state champ)

Interesting, posted my list before I saw your list, we are very close. I was waffling been Tony Franks and Trent Merzon and between Mike Alberghini and Chris Nixon but seems we see good SJS coaching through the same lense.

I'd add Joe Cattolico to the list of SJS coaches. Always impressed with how well coached his Pleasant Grove teams were. Looks like he has Sheldon heading in the same direction.

NorCalScout, although I don't disagree with your choices, I do have a couple of issues. Not sure where you got Galli doesn't lose kids to grades. Typically, the starting lineups look very different early in a given season than they do in NCS playoffs and I'm not talking from injuries.

I would rate Bergman above Sweeney. Bergman is way more offensive minded and for some reason Sweeney has always placed little importance on the weight room, which in my opinion is one of the main reasons they are losing to Cal High fairly regularly.

I'm not a fan of Murphy at all and I don't like what he stands for. He also gets superior talent and has had the benefit of playing a D2 schedule.

I'd add Joe Cattolico to the list of SJS coaches. Always impressed with how well coached his Pleasant Grove teams were. Looks like he has Sheldon heading in the same direction.

Coach Cat was on my long list, definitely excellent coach. Will see what he does with Sheldon. Would have had Ernie Cooper on the list if he was still actively coaching.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
My top coaches (CCS)
  1. Mike Janda - Bellarmine
  2. Pete Lavorato - Sacred Heart Prep
  3. Kelly King - Milpitas
  4. Patrick Walsh - Serra
  5. Jay Braun - Oak Grove
Next 6-10

6. Greg Calcagno - St. Francis
7. Mark Krail - Los Gatos
8. Jeff Carnazzo - Palma
9. Mike Machado - Valley Christian
10. Chris Cameron - San Benito

Up and comers:

Bubba, great response but I would disagree with you. Galli is on staff at Pitt and does a great job of making sure his kids are academically eligible as well as ready to graduate and take on the next level. It's hard to be perfect when you are talking about 50-60 kids, so I am sure some fall through the cracks but not sure I have heard of any kids that are D1 players but don't have the grades so they have to go to JC first, I am sure I am missing a few but it's the exception.

Bergman over Sweeney, I respect your opinion & as I stated before, mine was in no specific order, both are quality men, great coaches and I will say that the ethnic diversity in Pleasanton is much different then in Alamo & Danville, so weights might be a little easier to show on the bodies. I know that all the coaches and programs that I have stated have to have a high level of weight room commitment or else they wouldn't be where they are.

Murphy is a great coach, can win anywhere and everywhere he goes. If he went to Livermore they would be winners in a couple of year, that's the fact. What does he stand for that you don't like? He is one of my favorite coaches when I ref, he is fair & professional and always 1st class and his players play like that for the most part. Always gets talent? After Herc left Clayton, they weren't even on the map as far as being a contender and now they are a top 5 program in the East Bay, other then De La Salle, not sure to many programs can beat them on a consistent basis but that's just my opinion.

I truly enjoy your posts and comments and it's ok to disagree and have friendly and heated banter / discussions about certain topics. I stand by my list and it comes from years of being a ref, coach, parent and now fan. Great lists from the other areas, Richardson, Taylor and Franks are my favorites but I really do need to get out that way more on a Friday's.

NorCalScout, although I don't disagree with your choices, I do have a couple of issues. Not sure where you got Galli doesn't lose kids to grades. Typically, the starting lineups look very different early in a given season than they do in NCS playoffs and I'm not talking from injuries.

I would rate Bergman above Sweeney. Bergman is way more offensive minded and for some reason Sweeney has always placed little importance on the weight room, which in my opinion is one of the main reasons they are losing to Cal High fairly regularly.

I'm not a fan of Murphy at all and I don't like what he stands for. He also gets superior talent and has had the benefit of playing a D2 schedule.
Bubba you are wrong regarding Pittsburg and their team looking different. You must be thinking of Antioch or Deer Valley. I don't remember a team that has had a late season turnover in key positions under Galli unless it was due to injuries. Agree with NorCalScout, you have great posts but I've seen you say this before about Pittsburg and it is inaccurate. Especially since his staff turned over 5 or 6 years ago. Pittsburg and Freedom get it done in the BVAL. Galli had two bad years and same with Hartwig. They've been very steady at winning and at getting kids to college.

Murphy is a snake and bad mouths coaches to kids to recruit them to CV. I'm sure he stole that offense from someone too. Enough said.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Bubba, great response but I would disagree with you. Galli is on staff at Pitt and does a great job of making sure his kids are academically eligible as well as ready to graduate and take on the next level. It's hard to be perfect when you are talking about 50-60 kids, so I am sure some fall through the cracks but not sure I have heard of any kids that are D1 players but don't have the grades so they have to go to JC first, I am sure I am missing a few but it's the exception.

Bergman over Sweeney, I respect your opinion & as I stated before, mine was in no specific order, both are quality men, great coaches and I will say that the ethnic diversity in Pleasanton is much different then in Alamo & Danville, so weights might be a little easier to show on the bodies. I know that all the coaches and programs that I have stated have to have a high level of weight room commitment or else they wouldn't be where they are.

Murphy is a great coach, can win anywhere and everywhere he goes. If he went to Livermore they would be winners in a couple of year, that's the fact. What does he stand for that you don't like? He is one of my favorite coaches when I ref, he is fair & professional and always 1st class and his players play like that for the most part. Always gets talent? After Herc left Clayton, they weren't even on the map as far as being a contender and now they are a top 5 program in the East Bay, other then De La Salle, not sure to many programs can beat them on a consistent basis but that's just my opinion.

I truly enjoy your posts and comments and it's ok to disagree and have friendly and heated banter / discussions about certain topics. I stand by my list and it comes from years of being a ref, coach, parent and now fan. Great lists from the other areas, Richardson, Taylor and Franks are my favorites but I really do need to get out that way more on a Friday's.

I'll be the first to admit that Sweeney at Foothill and both the Pleasanton and Fremont schools seem to be demographically challenged.

In the three years my kid played varsity at Cal High I think they played Pittsburg 5 times. Once opening day and again in NCS playoffs. Pittsburg teams always seemed to take on a much different look the second time around. Maybe I'm thinking of Pitt High pre Victor Galli?

I will stand by my assertion that CVC has been getting far better talent than their D2 foes the past several years. With that said, I'm not saying Murphy is by any measure sub par.

I have a couple of nephews involved in local high school football and you may know one of them. His name is Don Goldston, a Lincoln High grad and he does officiating for CCS. My other nephew is Scott Goldston, Oak Grove grad and first year linebackers coach for the Heritage High varsity team.

Reactions: Paloma
My top coaches (CCS)
  3. Kelly King - Milpitas
  4. Patrick Walsh - Serra
  5. Jay Braun - Oak Grove
Next 6-10

8. Jeff Carnazzo - Palma

Up and comers:

Yes on Janda

No particular order... All public school guys!
- Kevin Macy @ Campolindo
- Randy Blankenship @ Aptos
- Kris Richardson @ Folsom
- Trent Merzon @ Oakdale
- Kim Jorgensen @ Ferndale

No particular order... All public school guys!
- Kevin Macy @ Campolindo
- Randy Blankenship @ Aptos
- Kris Richardson @ Folsom
- Trent Merzon @ Oakdale
- Kim Jorgensen @ Ferndale

Nice mix not all NCS or CCS

Great thread no real opinion anyway. I will say this the takes on CV are spot on. It's no secret they are bringing in any local talent they can. They have open enrollment, combine that with playing in D2 hard to respect what has happened. To compare what has happened since charter with pre charter isn't fair to last staff. Previous coaches didn't have open enrollment.

My top coaches (CCS)
  3. Kelly King - Milpitas
  4. Patrick Walsh - Serra
  5. Jay Braun - Oak Grove
Next 6-10

8. Jeff Carnazzo - Palma

Up and comers:

Very good list jordan24 as Janda is clearly one of the best in NorCal. As for Pete Lavorato coach for SHP with an student body of under 400 and went to state Div IV in 2013 before moving up and taking the CCS OPen Divison in 2014 and winning the Divi III CCS in 2015. Really a high level of coaching at both schools.

Nor-Cal Top 5 Public in order

1. Casey Taylor (SJS) Del Oro
2. Tim Murphy (NCS) Castro Valley Charter
3. Trent Merzon (SJS) Oakdale
4. Matt Sweeney (NCS) Foothill (Pleasanton)
5. Kris Richardson (SJS) Folsom
*Ernie Cooper (Granite Bay) would be #1 on this list had he still been coaching.

Nor-Cal Top 5 Private in order

1. Justin Alumbaugh (NCS) De La Salle
2. Roger Canepa (SJS) Central Catholic
3. Mike Janda (CCS) Bellarmine
4. Pete Lavorato (CCS) Sacred Heart Prep
5. Tony Franks (SJS) Saint Mary's (Stockton)

Nor-Cal Public 6-10 in order

6. Randy Blankenship (CCS) Aptos
7. Chris Nixon (SJS) Elk Grove
8. Kevin Macy (NCS) Campolindo
9. Kelly King (CCS) Milpitas
10. Mike Alberghini (SJS) Grant

Nor-Cal Private 6-10 in order

6. Paul Cronin (NCS) Cardinal Newman
7. Marlon Blanton (SJS) Jesuit
8. Patrick Walsh (CCS) Serra
9. Greg Calcagno (CCS) Saint Francis
10. Mike Machado (CCS) Valley Christian

CT4L

Last edited:

I can understand why people don't like Tim Murphy. He doesn't follow the rules and brags about it at clinics he speaks at. He brags about his steroid use, recruiting, and every job he has left he was forced out due to reasons which call into question his character. Great football coach, but not a very good person. I have listened to him talk at 3 different clinics in two different states. He has a different woman with him every time. He does win. He knows football and how to train. I don't think his X's and O's knowledge is that great but he dedicates a ton of time, like Saban type of time to his programs. And it pays off. So if you can forgive his off the field stuff, his on the field and weight room stuff are second to none.

Only thing bad I could say about Galli is his teams generally lack discipline and they do get away with a ton of recruiting violations over at Pitt. But he gets more talent than every team but DLS.

Youngcoach, my post was Top Coaches, not best family guy. Not sure what it matters if he has a different woman with him, he was single last time I checked and to most of us married people on here just don't get that but I am not going to hold it against him. Murphy can flat out coach, check his records where he has been. His weight room training is 2nd to DLS and that's saying a ton. His wins vs. losses are as impressive as there is. I don't think you can win many games if you not know your X's & O's so I will have to disagree with you. He runs an offense that very few do and why is that? Complicated, tough to understand, tough to learn but more so tough to game plan for. He will play anyone anywhere and his pre-season schedule reflects that and I would put it up there with Serra, Pitt and just behind DLS.

Galli's teams usually always get better as the season goes and that say a lot about a teams coach. Discipline has been a problem at almost every high school and Galli is no different but I have yet to see it every cost him a game and he usually is in the NCS Semis or Finals and that says a lot about his coaching, training and teams.

I try my best to keep coaches and players personal life off these sites unless it involves players. If Murphy has lost his jobs everywhere he has been, he sure doesn't have a hard time finding another, that must say something. I see these coaches cause I have reffed everyone of them, I have seen them all as a fan, most as a parent so I have had an up close, personal & professional workings with all of these men and I have enjoyed it.

Big Warren, mine was active, just cause everyone that follows the game today could relate but be my guest.

They're all active.

Would be nearly impossible to do an all time list (spans way to long and would be filled with way to many current biases guaranteed).

I can understand why people don't like Tim Murphy. He doesn't follow the rules and brags about it at clinics he speaks at. He brags about his steroid use, recruiting, and every job he has left he was forced out due to reasons which call into question his character. Great football coach, but not a very good person. I have listened to him talk at 3 different clinics in two different states. He has a different woman with him every time. He does win. He knows football and how to train. I don't think his X's and O's knowledge is that great but he dedicates a ton of time, like Saban type of time to his programs. And it pays off. So if you can forgive his off the field stuff, his on the field and weight room stuff are second to none.

Only thing bad I could say about Galli is his teams generally lack discipline and they do get away with a ton of recruiting violations over at Pitt. But he gets more talent than every team but DLS.

I'm not saying that Murphy isn't a good coach, just not top 5 in the area. I think it matters what a coach stands for since they are influencing our 15-19 year old young men. I can't imagine bragging about steroid use not sending a bad message to youth.

Speaking of character, my ex wife went on a couple of official visits with my son and she said they were total opposite experiences. The first one they went on no alcohol was served and the coaches were very professional. On the other visit drinking was rampant among the coaching staff and one assistant coach hit on my ex. Guess which one my son signed with?

I think Paul Cronin is a great coach and should be on a list towards the top, but I wouldn't go so far as to say top 5 in CA or Nor-Cal.

One coach I have to mention that I highly doubt would be on anyone's radar is Tom Kirkpatrick from Windsor (previously Healdsburg).

First 14 seasons (1987-2000): 127-38-1 (.768)
Healdsburg had not had a 10 win season ever until 'TK's first season. Seven of his first 14 seasons were ten win seasons.

Following his first departure, Healdsburg went 32-31 over 6 years with only a single playoff victory.

TK returned in 2007 and stayed for 5 years going 41-19 brining his win/loss total to 168-57-4 (.742).

Since his second departure in 2011, Healdsburg has gone 16-30...

No he didn't win NCS titles every other year. No he didn't go to a bowl game. No he didn't produce NFL players...

He took an average high school and average players and made them great. A great coach doesn't just coach great players.... a great coach takes average players and makes them great.

He has since come out of retirement to take the job at rival Windsor and went 7-5 in his first season, fourth best season in school history. So far this year, Windsor is 2-0...

Reactions: MC415

NorCalScout, I respect your opinions and as an official you have probably forgotten more about football than I will ever know. I do think you're over extending with your Livermore comment. They have no business playing in EBAL and instead of being a fact, it's your opinion, just like my statements are my opinions.

Reactions: NorCalScout
I'm not going to rank a top 5, but rather give a shout out to a few head coaches that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread yet but have done tremendous jobs at smaller programs.

Mark Loureiro (Escalon): He's been the Cougars HC since 1989 -- which is no small feat. He's won more games than any coach in SJS history (although Coach AL @ Grant Union is close). Escalon's program is 270-59-1 under his leadership. The .820 winning percentage is among the best in SJS history (coaches with at least 100 wins).

He guided the Cougars to a State Bowl Game win in 2010 and also captured a D3/D4 mythical State title in 1996.

Norm Ryan (Casa Roble): He's not as accomplished as most the coaches mentioned in this thread, but he took what was a historically mediocre-to-poor performing program and turned it into a winner almost over night.

In the 3 seasons before his hire in 2002, the Rams were 3-27. In his very first season, the Rams went 10-1 losing a heart breaking playoff game to Casey Taylor and Del Oro on a 48-yd kick at the buzzer. Coach Ryan and staff led Casa to their first and only Section title in 2008 with a perfect 13-0 record and narrowly missed out on a State Bowl Game bid to St. Mary's-Stockton.

He's guided the Rams to a 105-54-1 (and counting) record over the past 15 seasons. The previous 15 seasons prior to his arrival? 61-88-2.

Casa has struggled the past few seasons, but they have been one of the better D3 programs throughout Coach Ryan's tenure.

Terry Logue (Bear River): 205-105-3 in 29 seasons (and counting) as the Bruins head/co-head coach. The Bruins won section titles in 1994 and 2014.

Now teamed up with Co-HC Scott Savoie since 2004, Bear River hasn't endured a losing season in past 27 years (1988).

Sans a short stint at Sierra College in the early 2000's, Coach Logue has been with Bear River throughout their entire history.

Tony Martello (Colfax): 183-56-1 in 21 seasons (and counting) as the Falcons HC. Colfax won back-to-back-to-back Section titles from 2001 through 2003.

The Falcons have only endured 2 losing seasons during Coach Martello's 21 season tenure and once had a streak where they went 40-1-1 over a span of 4 different seasons.

Last edited:
WOW CT4L no coach Cat

I went by the body of work and I try to be as unbiased and genuine as I can in regards to this subject. Now let's take a look at the body of work of these coaches.

Kris Richardson=5 section championships and 2 state titles
Casey Taylor=5 section championships and 1 state title
Matt Sweeney=4 section championships
Tim Murphy=4 section championships
Trent Merzon=3 section championships

Randy Blankenship=5 section championships
Kelly King=3 section championships
Kevin Macy=3 section championships
Mike Alberghini=7 section championships and 1 state title
Chris Nixon=0 section championships as a HC but he's won multiple section championships as Ed Lombardi's OC. Also, had it not been for Folsom Nixon would have 2 section championships of his own. And he's on a roll this year.

*Now we all know Cattolico is a top notch coach with 2 section titles under his belt but he's been out of the game for a few years. To be totally honest, I think he can out coach everyone on that list. The only top 10 coach on my list that (may) make him flinch is Richardson of Folsom and he's beaten him 3 of 7 times. Two of those wins were the first two years the teams met and I'm not sure if Richardson would make Cat flinch. That being said, I want to give the young "Cat" time to build his Sheldon program into a powerhouse before I put him in my top 5. Since he's not in my top five I decided to wait, hope that's okay with the H.E.A.T.;)

CT4L

Another name that could be on the list is
Terry Stark - Inderkum

IMO, Coach Stark is one of the most underrated coaches in the section and likely all of NorCal. I may be a bit biased as he was the offensive coordinator at my alma mater back during my playing days, but the numbers certainly do speak for themselves.

Inderkum's win % during their first 11+ seasons (.823) might only be bested by De La Salle (.871) over the entire history of a program w/ at least 10 years (NorCal).

His overall record of 176-74-3 consists of; 116-25 at Inderkum, 32-18-1 at Natomas, and 28-31-2 at Mira Loma.

IMO, the near .500 record at ML is especially noteworthy as nobody has really been able to win there since the Don Brown days. While it took a while to ramp up, Coach Stark managed 2 winning seasons and a playoff appearance (would have been 2 had they not lost a coin flip) as well as a 17-4 record during his final 2 seasons. Pretty impressive considering.

Other than his 1st 4 seasons at ML, the worst record one of his team's has endured was 5-5 during his very 1st season at Natomas. Over the past 19 seasons in which he's been the HC, there hasn't been a single losing campaign. In fact, Inderkum hasn't lost more than 3 games in any one season in their history. Oddly enough, they already have 2 losses in 2016.

The only thing some have used against Coach Stark is the fact that his team's have yet to win a section title. 2014 was especially tough since the Tigers blew a nice lead against Oakdale. Still, Inderkum has been to 3 Section Finals and were really close to winning all 3.

They lost to a 13-0 Casa Roble team in OT. They lost to Del Campo by 4 in a monsoon (I believe they win easily if not for the really poor weather which negated their speed advantage). And they lost by 4 to Oakdale in a game previously mentioned.

While I don't feel he needs to win a section title to validate an already fantastic coaching career, it'd be really nice to see it happen soon.

If I was an AD in charge of hiring a new coach and I could choose from anyone, I'd have a hard time not hiring Terry Stark. IMO, he's right up there with the very best high school coaches in all of NorCal.

Last edited:
I dont de value your opinion. I just proposed the question . you mentioned Sheldon and putting him into the top 5 but you didn't even have him in your top 10.
As for Richardson i give a lot of that credit to Troy Taylor and his development of Quarterbacks.

What 2 years did Cattalico win section titles. I know he won in 2010 when they finished #8 Nation in Max preps excellent 25. 2011 they may have even been better but after steam rolling yjeir first 3 playoff teams 154-26 they lost Ship to Granite Bay. I recall PG had some injuries to key players in that game

As for Richardson i give a lot of that credit to Troy Taylor and his development of Quarterbacks.

I agree. While I fully believe that Coach Richardson is a very good HC in his own right, I believe the current state of the Folsom program was built upon the shoulders of both Kris and Troy -- very similarly to John Fletcher and Bob Christiansen during their Del Oro days.

Troy Taylor was 15-15 when he went it alone at Folsom from 2002 - 2004. Kris Richardson was 17-13-1 his 1st 3 seasons until around the time Troy started getting involved in the program again -- specifically with the QB's.

Time will tell how the program will fare without both of them together. They should be fine for a while since the foundation has already been set and players want to go there, but it might not be the elite program we've seen the past 4-5 seasons.

His wins vs. losses are as impressive as there is. I don't think you can win many games if you not know your X's & O's so I will have to disagree with you. He runs an offense that very few do and why is that? Complicated, tough to understand, tough to learn but more so tough to game plan for. He will play anyone anywhere and his pre-season schedule reflects that and I would put it up there with Serra, Pitt and just behind DLS

I'm going to have to question your football IQ if you think that offense is complex. They offense is very simple to teach and learn its why it so successful at this level. It also has a huge advantage because nobody runs it so teams dont see it. Once teams catch onto it they start shutting it down, state games for example, concord high is slowing it down, teams in Clovis did etc..... I'm starting to think this norcalscout guy isn't a ref at all, but a Murphy ball washer.

I dont de value your opinion. I just proposed the question . you mentioned Sheldon and putting him into the top 5 but you didn't even have him in your top 10.

What 2 years did Cattalico win section titles. I know he won in 2010 when they finished #8 Nation in Max preps excellent 25. 2011 they may have even been better but after steam rolling yjeir first 3 playoff teams 154-26 they lost Ship to Granite Bay. I recall PG had some injuries to key players in that game
I dont de value your opinion. I just proposed the question . you mentioned Sheldon and putting him into the top 5 but you didn't even have him in your top 10. I didn't put him in anything because I didn't feel it was necessary at this time. Is that okay with you sir?
As for Richardson i give a lot of that credit to Troy Taylor and his development of Quarterbacks. I don't disagree with you here. I think Taylor helped Richardson to take that team to another level. That being said, Folsom has always had a good group of kids to pull from and if it wasn't for VDL they would be damn near unbeatable.

What 2 years did Cattalico win section titles. I assume this was a question? So to answer it Cat won a section while @ Overfelt High in San Jose in 2001 and like you've mentioned he's won a section @ PG in 2010. I know he won in 2010 when they finished #8 Nation in Max preps excellent 25. 2011 they may have even been better but after steam rolling yjeir first 3 playoff teams 154-26 they lost Ship to Granite Bay. I recall PG had some injuries to key players in that game. Yes, they had injuries to two of their two way starters in the 2nd game of the season against Lincoln of Stockton. Their starting TB and DT/OT was also banged up before that game. Nevertheless, Ernie Cooper is a BAD MAN!

CT4L

CT4L said I didn't put him in anything because I didn't feel it was necessary at this time. Is that okay with you sir?

What does that mean. Either you feel he is a top 10 coach or you don't? Obviously not because you didn't put him there, but "i didn't feel it was necessary at this time" WHAT????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT