ADVERTISEMENT

Week 2 Scoreboard

The Aptos v Oakdale was not as close as the score. Aptos bigger stronger and faster. But Oakdale will be a different team in a couple of weeks?
I never count at Oakdale, but they were also down 21-3 at the half against Sonora last week

The Aptos v Oakdale was not as close as the score. Aptos bigger stronger and faster. But Oakdale will be a different team in a couple of weeks?
If Aptos figured out how to defend the pass they could give Salinas a tough game. Salinas d-line is undersized although they have studs at LBs and good DBs. Salinas defense really picked it up against Clayton Valley in second half though and Clayton Valley o-line was very good. CVC defense was outstanding as well and DBs defensed Salinas offense well in the second half. When the Ugly Eagles get their RB in the fold they could be very tough, and are a quality team anyways (Maybe top 2 or 3 in their league with DLS). Aptos is pretty physical team and they have 2 outstanding RB and a 235 lbs physical full back and big line. Hollister running attack gave Salinas a tough time in jamboree, but Hollister couldn't stop Salinas passing attack. Salinas should be top 5 team in CCS. Mariners could be tough matchup for many teams. Salinas maybe favorite over Clovis and VC and could very well go undefeated in their league.

Reactions: Streak One
I never count at Oakdale, but they were also down 21-3 at the half against Sonora last week
Well Oakdale got Oakdaled! Not only was Aptos bigger and faster they were well coached. I am an Oakdale fan, but I also call it as I see it. Oakdale is having a down year. But it's Oakdale well coached. But looking at the Stampede Oakdale will be good the next few years. And keep an eye on Turlock.

If Aptos figured out how to defend the pass they could give Salinas a tough game. Salinas d-line is undersized although they have studs at LBs and good DBs. Salinas defense really picked it up against Clayton Valley in second half though and Clayton Valley o-line was very good. CVC defense was outstanding as well and DBs defensed Salinas offense well in the second half. When the Ugly Eagles get their RB in the fold they could be very tough, and are a quality team anyways (Maybe top 2 or 3 in their league with DLS). Aptos is pretty physical team and they have 2 outstanding RB and a 235 lbs physical full back and big line. Hollister running attack gave Salinas a tough time in jamboree, but Hollister couldn't stop Salinas passing attack. Salinas should be top 5 team in CCS. Mariners could be tough matchup for many teams. Salinas maybe favorite over Clovis and VC and could very well go undefeated in their league.
The fullback was the biggest factor in the game. Kid is a beast!

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Well Oakdale got Oakdaled! Not only was Aptos bigger and faster they were well coached. I am an Oakdale fan, but I also call it as I see it. Oakdale is having a down year. But it's Oakdale well coached. But looking at the Stampede Oakdale will be good the next few years. And keep an eye on Turlock.
Aptos' coach Randy Blankenship has won over 300 games (hit 300 last season) and among elite coaches in CA. When he coached at Clovis East, they were a power.

Reactions: bella123
What happened to Valley Christian? Wilcox wasn't expected to be very strong this season. I don't believe their juniors or seniors as freshmen won a single game. I think VC wasn't particularly strong classes either. They seemed to have fallen by a lot. They have a tough matchup with Salinas next week who should be a lot tougher than Wilcox.

That was my thought too. Also thought Mitty beating Palma was surprising. What do you think about Palma this year?
Palma basically has an extremely young and undersized line. They have a senior QB that needs time to through the ball and can if he gets time. Palma skill players very good and if the offense doesn't click the defense is taxed. D-line is small as well. I do think Mitty is much better than last season, but Palma will be a project this year. They have a junior QB that will be very good. Palma may need a couple years to get bigger. The 8th gardes coming up have lots of size and some of the frosh are playing on JV. Mitty is still middle of the pack in WCAL but probably better than VC. Palma is going to have a tough matchup against Sacred Heart Cathedral Prep. Palma may be 4th again in PCAL Gab. The kid that made the winning INT for Salinas tonight was slated as Number 1 QB when he was at Palma but transferred to Salinas after his soph year.

Reactions: coachlittle
I remember someone told us on this board that Aptos looked phenomenal at a passing tournament or a camp, which is why i picked them in Pick Ems……..plus Blankenship always has them ready every year

BCP 13-0 End of 1st. Jurrion Dickey is suited up and playing wide receiver and special teams kick return. They haven't used JD much yet. Bellarmine is keeping the pressure on.

Reactions: concrete17
BCP 20-0 Bells are looking crisp and sharp. M-A is sloppy and their OL is questionable.

Bears interception converts to a TD with a reverse sweep play by Jurrion Dickey. BCP 20- M-A 7 2ndQ 5:41

Last edited:
BCP 27-7 Although Bears seemed to get some defensive life, the Bells still found the end zone.

Another Bells turnover - M-A has 2 minutes left in the half to capitalize.

Jurrion Dickey with a TD, BCP 27 - M-A 14. Bears with Dickey definitely have the potential of getting back into the game.

HT BCP 27 MA 14. Dickey accounts for both scores for the Bears. And toward the end of the half, the MA defense were tightening up, no doubt motivated by its offensive team.

Bears defense has noticeably picked up their pace for the beginning of the 2nd half. Bells 3 and out.

Someone other that JD with a touchdown -Sherrod Smith
BCP 27 MA 21. The bears are not only are back in the game, they have the momentum lead.

MA takes the lead MA 28-27. Definitely a momentum shift. 3rdQ 6:08

I don't believe I have ever seen a Ref cheat with his holding penalty flag like this one did.

Great JD screen reception and quick run for a TD. MA 41-27. In the first half it seemed like a 65% bellarmine win. Now it seems like a 95% MA win. 3Q 1:02

Jurrion Dickey TD reception in the corner of the end zone - this probably spells the end of the game. MA 48-34 4Q 2:06

Although this was a team win, there is no question that Dickey was a game changer for Menlo-Atherton this game and probably for the rest of the MA season.

Game over - MA intercepts a Bells pass. MA 48 BCP 34 Great game!

Riordan has a promising freshman QB. Michael Mitchell Jr.. First pass of his career goes for a 45 yd TD. Had 3 TDs for the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89
Dickey put on a show for the M-A ages today in front of a packed house in Atherton.. Bellarmine saw too much of the kid for the last three years in the WCAL. He still torments them even away from Valley Christian. How PAL teams are going to limit him to any serious degree is one of life's great mysteries.

Reactions: FBAddict
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT