ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Scoreboard

Serra defeated DLS, Central Catholic and Folsom, and their league WCAL is arguably ranked in the top tier leagues in Norcal (like in 2021 at #5 in the state ahead of Sierra Foothill at #12). Folsom has lost to Serra and Bellarmine in games at Folsom. Last season St Francis from WCAL defeated DLS which beat Folsom by 10 in first game and lost by 1 in second game (split). WCAL is stronger than SFL in many years. Their section division also is am open division which pits all the toughest teams in its division. You are showing your ignorance about Norcal and CCS football.
You do know that @QPRTrinity and @pastyfastquick3 are the same poster…. 🤣

Hence the Bashing of the WCAL and DLS and Luv for Folsom…. 🤣🤣

Marin Catholic leads Logan 16-0 at the half
Joey Cook in his second game looks extremely inaccurate throwing he has 3 TDs in the 2 games all on short screens…..rest of his throws are terrible, Testa who played the first 2 games was way better……I think we see a switch sometime this year unless Cook improves

Reactions: jordan24
thats why you dont coach division 1 football and you hang out at high school games.
clearly the big boys know a little something.
That’s why I’m usually right. Dude look around on Sunday and countlesss stories of QB’s that weren’t highly recruited. The best team in the country (and it’s not even close ) is led by Stetson Bennett.

That’s why I’m usually right. Dude look around on Sunday and countlesss stories of QB’s that weren’t highly recruited. The best team in the country (and it’s not even close ) is led by Stetson Bennett.
you gave ole boy the sports illustrated jinx.... got hurt after you big upped him.
sports is a crap shot... rankings are relative. theres always exceptions, but the norm is more the norm did you not learn that in psych in college?... every nfl qb is beyond overlooked or underrated.
5 stars die when they get to college and realize everyone is a 5 star. rashada will get to college and be better coached and better prepared and have better players. so will every qb.
and bruh, you are far from usually right.

you gave ole boy the sports illustrated jinx.... got hurt after you big upped him.
sports is a crap shot... rankings are relative. theres always exceptions, but the norm is more the norm did you not learn that in psych in college?... every nfl qb is beyond overlooked or underrated.
5 stars die when they get to college and realize everyone is a 5 star. rashada will get to college and be better coached and better prepared and have better players. so will every qb.
and bruh, you are far from usually right.
Interesting you talking about HS QB's. Oakdale game too far to drive. So I went to Downey v Tracy. To see Downey QB . His passing 73% wanted to check him out. He threw maybe 2 passes that were off. Receivers dropped easy passes. Not canon arm like Swalin had . But. very accurate. I watched reply of Mirimante Oakdale game. Their QB threw for over 400 yards in that track meet! 41 points combined in first quarter. 80 in first half! Scoring fireworks!. Good example of opposing offenses. Wing -t v spread!

Speaking of Oakdale... I am giving serious thought to making the drive for Friday's game at Oakdale... Oakdale should be a pretty heavy favorite, might not be all that good a game, but... It's Oakdale's atmosphere I wanna soak in.

I don't have the exact numbers but going into this week, but I think 7 of the top 10 teams started a QB who was Top 100 player in the country in their HS class.

I think sometimes we forget that these are still teenagers and they can have down games even when their talent is superior to the rest of the players. And also that a really good player can be overhyped and still be really good.

Speaking of Oakdale... I am giving serious thought to making the drive for Friday's game at Oakdale... Oakdale should be a pretty heavy favorite, might not be all that good a game, but... It's Oakdale's atmosphere I wanna soak in.
Went to Palma v Oakdale a few years ago. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. They have great fans. Another great place to see a game is at Sutter. Aptos High as well.

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
I don't have the exact numbers but going into this week, but I think 7 of the top 10 teams started a QB who was Top 100 player in the country in their HS class.

I think sometimes we forget that these are still teenagers and they can have down games even when their talent is superior to the rest of the players. And also that a really good player can be overhyped and still be really good.
The Hype Social Media provides doesn’t help matters. In many cases the kids just don’t live up to it. Maybe that is unfair but part of it is on them because they are adding fuel fo that fire. The QB position is about so much more than arm strength and size. It’s easily the hardest one to get right which is why the failure rate is so high.

Reactions: THEOC89
How are they the exact same name?

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or disrespect anybody but if there was De La Salle High School and a De La Salle Concord High School wouldn't that be a little confusing?

I am only talking about the names of these schools not the money, location, or private - public status.

Are these schools in the same league, do they play each other and are the equally competitive in Football? I saw that the Knights went undefeated last year.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or disrespect anybody but if there was De La Salle High School and a De La Salle Concord High School wouldn't that be a little confusing?

I am only talking about the names of these schools not the money, location, or private - public status.

Are these schools in the same league, do they play each other and are the equally competitive in Football? I saw that the Knights went undefeated last year.
Some might be confused if only looking at external sources such as Calpreps / Maxpreps. But if you know the names of the schools, ie Menlo School and Menlo-Atherton High School, there is little problem to distinguish them. Your example of De La Salle vs De La Salle in concord falls short.

There are many similar examples that don't trip up most people. For example, people rarely confuse San Jose High School for San Jose High Academy. Some might not know Sacramento High School is actually named Sacramento Charter High School. Corona has more similarities - Corona high, Corona Vista High, Corona Centennial High, Corona-Norco Alternative. Fortunately Centennial shortened their name to be more definitive.

But being disrespected? Not a chance... just clarifying misunderstandings.

That's because Stetson Bennett plays on a team full of 5 star recruits. Put him on Sac State and he's likely just another O'Hare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT