ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Scoreboard

and that's game... Folsom may make it to the open this year and have the privilege to go up against MD/Bosco.
Sheesh that’s SOOOO far away. Folsom still has regular season games including DLS, OR, GB and DO, then the SJS playoffs, and should they navigate that difficult road….an Open Play-in game likely at Serra.

Reactions: concrete17
Folsom is punting with 1:29 left. Bad play calling and passing running little time off clock. Pitt starts at their 35 with 1:14 left in game

Sheesh that’s SOOOO far away. Folsom still has regular season games including DLS, OR, GB and DO, then the SJS playoffs, and should they navigate that difficult road….an Open Play-in game likely at Serra.
When did they bring that back? Finally, It’s about time.

Dang! Rancho Cotate misses the PAT with their last TD and loses to Vanden 29-30. That just sank my battleship (#10 pick)! Ugh.

It was kinda cool to work the chains and be on the sideline with some former NFL players as coaches for BOD, especially former Niner WR JJ Stokes. Check out their coaching staff … https://www.bishopodowd.org/roster/football

HC Hardy Nickerson was LB for the Buccaneers and the Steelers.
... and yet, they still can't beat anyone with a pulse.

And get throttled

As would 99.9% of HS teams across the country, given the current circumstances.

However, they let one or two of the top schools in NorCal start recruiting all the best players around the area and I’d like NorCal’s chances to compete in that game a helluva whole lot more.

Cause let’s be real … that’s all MD and SJB have done and are continuing to do the past decade. Before 2012ish, neither program ever had teams like they have now.

Nothing was added to the water to suddenly change the type of athletes growing up in Santa Ana and Bellflower. They simply started recruiting all-star teams because they got tired of DLS kicking their @$$es every single year.

Take the top couple players from Folsom, DLS, Pitt, Serra, etc. and put them on one super NorCal team and let’s play that game all day long.

Hell MD’s 2021 star running back Raleek Brown was recruited from NorCal! So they’re not even fully built from SoCal’s best. They need to steal our kids too.

St. Mary’s-Stockton started out of the gate scoring rather quickly up 14-0 vs BOD before they seemed to turn it off and gave up a long TD pass to BOD. Next possession they turn the ball over and it was like the wheels came off the bus, as penalty after penalty made them look sloppy. But they regrouped and did much better when the freshman QB got his turn and the up-tempo offense and speed of the Rams was too much for BOD. St. Mary’s will need to avoid any inconsistency and be more disciplined and focused on both sides of the ball when they go up against DLS at home in a few weeks. If they play like they did against Central Catholic which Serra had some trouble with, the Rams are going to surprise a lot of folks. DLS will have two weeks to prepare for St. Mary’s after hosting Folsom. DLS vs Folsom (9/23), Oak Ridge vs Folsom (9/30), and St. Mary’s vs DLS (10/7) is going to help paint a better picture than what we just got from Folsom 23-15 victory vs Pittsburg and DLS 28-20 victory vs Cathedral Catholic. Oak Ridge and St. Mary’s most recent blowout wins really don’t say much. St. Mary’s still without starting RB Asante Carter (ankle injury), but doing fine with #22 Maghoney. The depth St. Mary’s has at QB is just as important as their depth at RB. And their defense is really good if they stay focused. But, we will find out in a few weeks, won’t we. All I can say is … don’t sleep on the Rams from Stockton. Onto Cardinal Newman in Santa Rosa next week.

However, they let one or two of the top schools in NorCal start recruiting all the best players around the area and I’d like NorCal’s chances to compete in that game a helluva whole lot more.

Cause let’s be real … that’s all MD and SJB have done and are continuing to do the past decade. Before 2012ish, neither program ever had teams like they have now.

Nothing was added to the water to suddenly change the type of athletes growing up in Santa Ana and Bellflower. They simply started recruiting all-star teams because they got tired of DLS kicking their @$$es every single year.

Take the top couple players from Folsom, DLS, Pitt, Serra, etc. and put them on one super NorCal team and let’s play that game all day long.

Hell MD’s 2021 star running back Raleek Brown was recruited from NorCal! So they’re not even fully built from SoCal’s best. They need to steal our kids too.

Kayden Dixon-Wyatt is from Pittsburg and Peter Langi is from San Bruno. Those are guys on this year’s team.

But the other thing that happened is that Bob Ladouceur retired. Let’s face it, Bob and Terry don’t lose a number of games that Alumbaugh have let slip through the cracks. They sure are hell don’t lose to St. Francis, Folsom or Serra.

It was kinda cool to work the chains and be on the sideline with some former NFL players as coaches for BOD, especially former Niner WR JJ Stokes. Check out their coaching staff … https://www.bishopodowd.org/roster/football

HC Hardy Nickerson was LB for the Buccaneers and the Steelers.
The majority of the coaches played football for Cal. I saw all of them play.

Not if Serra wins their section which is a good possibility
Probably depends on how the season plays out. Head to head is great, but when it’s early in the season that fades quite a bit as a season progresses.

Say Folsom beats DLS, OR and DO and wins SJS (possibly beating OR or DO again) They could easily jump Serra for their overall body of work for the season.

Probably depends on how the season plays out. Head to head is great, but when it’s early in the season that fades quite a bit as a season progresses.

Say Folsom beats DLS, OR and DO and wins SJS (possibly beating OR or DO again) They could easily jump Serra for their overall body of work for the season.
If Serra Wins out, The go to the Open… They already beat Folsom so the CIF will put them in….

Folsoms only hope is that Serra doesn’t win their section, that is their only path to the open….

their section is just silicon valley and San Francisco right? Jeez they will win pretty easy then given the weak competition they have
How did your Trinity League teams do tonight?…. You still reeling from Los Al Hanging 60 on your #3 team Santa Margarita?…. 🤣🤣

How did your Trinity League teams do tonight?…. You still reeling from Los Al Hanging 60 on your #3 team Santa Margarita?…. 🤣🤣
O LU, MD , and JSERRA did pretty good. I also expect Bosco to do pretty well tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

If Serra Wins out, The go to the Open… They already beat Folsom so the CIF will put them in….

Folsoms only hope is that Serra doesn’t win their section, that is their only path to the open….
There are still some “other” currently undefeated SJS teams that could have an argument to represent NorCal for the Open and getting killed by SJB or MD, should they continue undefeated and win a section championship, especially if they have more convincing wins against common opponents. What if Oak Ridge or Granite Bay or even Del Oro beat Folsom twice (regular season and playoffs)? Outside of Serra, I believe the SFL is stronger than WCAL this year and the SJS D1 playoffs will have stronger competition, probably the strongest of any other NorCal section this year. But, it’s still early. We aren’t even 1/2 way thru the season. Lots of football still to be played.

I very much recall 2009 when Grant and St. Mary’s were the favorites for SJS D1 section championship, and it was Rocklin that entered the state game with their backup QB and still nearly pulled off the victory vs Servite. It wasn’t the Open, sure. My point is that predicting the future might be fun, but there is no guarantee what’s going to happen, and often is more wrong than right, unless it’s the DLS of old. It doesn’t help that DLS is not as good as some are saying. I believe Serra needs DLS to beat “both” Folsom and St. Mary’s to help solidify their case along with the SJS D1 champion not ending the season undefeated (ie. GB, OR, DO). Again, still too early.

Reactions: THEOC89

and unfortunately the coaches in Silicon Valley, SF, and parts of east bay are too soft to do this. Walsh and DLS admin don't want to do this. I guess they wanna learn the hard way....

I would rather place my bets on Folsom. Their program and the demographics of the area support a super team in that part of NorCal.

Um, yeah… no. Doesn’t matter.

Now that Folsom has beaten Pittsburg, the only teams that has a chance to overtake Serra (provided they win out) is St. Mary’s and maybe Oak Ridge. The Rams have to beat DLS and go through the SJS D-I playoffs, while Oak Ridge would have to specifically beat SM (with that DLS win) in the playoffs. Folsom cannot overtake an undefeated Padre team.

While SJS D-I is looking good, there is a chance of two undefeated public schools in the CCS D-I playoffs. The CIF loves it if you beat undefeated teams in the playoffs.

Um, yeah… no. Doesn’t matter.

Now that Folsom has beaten Pittsburg, the only teams that has a chance to overtake Serra (provided they win out) is St. Mary’s and maybe Oak Ridge. The Rams have to beat DLS and go through the SJS D-I playoffs, while Oak Ridge would have to specifically beat SM (with that DLS win) in the playoffs. Folsom cannot overtake an undefeated Padre team.

While SJS D-I is looking good, there is a chance of two undefeated public schools in the CCS D-I playoffs. The CIF loves it if you beat undefeated teams in the playoffs.
Agree, but I would include undefeated Granite Bay or Del Oro, should either of them finish undefeated in SFL and thru the playoffs. Del Oro although size of enrollment (similar St. Mary’s) would technically qualify for D2, but because they would win a D1 league, they would be forced to play D1 in the playoffs. If either Folsom or St. Mary’s defeats DLS, this undefeated SFL team (ie. OR, GB, or DO) would have beaten directly or indirectly a team that took care of business vs DLS (and Folsom). Should both St. Mary’s and Folsom lose to DLS, the strength of the SJS-D1 playoffs would not be enough to surpass Serra’s victory over DLS and Folsom.

IMHO, I don’t see St. Mary’s beating DLS unless they play a perfect game. Penalties and mistakes have cost them momentum in these last 2 games vs SI and BOD and opportunities for these much weaker teams to score. If it were a DLS or one of the stronger SJS teams (ie. SFL) playing, I can see St. Mary’s collapsing and losing. St. Mary’s is a young team and prone to make more mistakes, not because of talent, but because of maturity, discipline, and focus. If they can play a perfect game vs DLS and win, they will coast thru league and further improve/mature and will be very tough to beat in the playoffs. If they lose vs DLS, there is still hope to be successful in the playoffs, but depends on if they can mature and stay consistent. I’m going in with low expectations just because they are young. OR may be in the same boat since I understand they are young too. But, let’s not count out GB or DO. I recall GB beat Folsom last year in league play. And should Serra not go undefeated, it only gets more complicated. I think I will just sit back and watch it all play out with no true predictions. Anything can happen on any given Friday. I’m making no picks in this matter, just the weekly pick’ems. And that’s not going well after seeing Vanden bear Rancho Cotate (someone told me they were the real deal. Lol). It’s still fun!

QPR: unfortunately the coaches in Silicon Valley, SF, and parts of the East Bay are too SOFT

Patsy: Bay Area kids are SOFT now

Now I don’t know about the rest of you all, just odd to me one guy from Northern California says kids are SOFT, and another guy supposedly from Southern California says coaches are SOFT, the word “SOFT” referencing the same area.

Let’s go with similar personalities for $1000 Alex

Per the above it is just mere coincidence as Patsy was in Pittsburg and QPR was in Santa Ana.

100% agree TR. Personally, I would rather do what I did last night. Watch DO and the entire hometown come out and kick crap out of a much more talented team in MA than watch a recruited all star team from all over the country.

For those DO fans out there.. I’m extremely impressed with your team. What a dynamic playmaker you have in Caden Pinnick at QB. Get this kid on FCS radar. He’s a little small to garner bigger schools which is a shame to me but wow…. The SFL is going to be a war. I don’t see anybody going undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT