ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Scoreboard

100% agree TR. Personally, I would rather do what I did last night. Watch DO and the entire hometown come out and kick crap out of a much more talented team in MA than watch a recruited all star team from all over the country.
Yup even if it means losing the Mercenary Open every year, I rather watch traditional quality community football then watching 2 teams filled with mercenary transfers from all over play for a title each year

As would 99.9% of HS teams across the country, given the current circumstances.

However, they let one or two of the top schools in NorCal start recruiting all the best players around the area and I’d like NorCal’s chances to compete in that game a helluva whole lot more.

Cause let’s be real … that’s all MD and SJB have done and are continuing to do the past decade. Before 2012ish, neither program ever had teams like they have now.

Nothing was added to the water to suddenly change the type of athletes growing up in Santa Ana and Bellflower. They simply started recruiting all-star teams because they got tired of DLS kicking their @$$es every single year.

Take the top couple players from Folsom, DLS, Pitt, Serra, etc. and put them on one super NorCal team and let’s play that game all day long.

Hell MD’s 2021 star running back Raleek Brown was recruited from NorCal! So they’re not even fully built from SoCal’s best. They need to steal our kids too.
All true. I’ve noticed one program is leveraging systematic red shirting before high school as well to gain an edge.

Kayden Dixon-Wyatt is from Pittsburg and Peter Langi is from San Bruno. Those are guys on this year’s team.

But the other thing that happened is that Bob Ladouceur retired. Let’s face it, Bob and Terry don’t lose a number of games that Alumbaugh have let slip through the cracks. They sure are hell don’t lose to St. Francis, Folsom or Serra.
Times have changed. I have been calling this for the last 5 years.

The Folsom's and Serra's of NorCal are now the powers. DLS is just another good team. Deal w it.

and unfortunately the coaches in Silicon Valley, SF, and parts of east bay are too soft to do this. Walsh and DLS admin don't want to do this. I guess they wanna learn the hard way....

I would rather place my bets on Folsom. Their program and the demographics of the area support a super team in that part of NorCal.
Of course The Serra and DLS Coaches are “Too Soft” and you would.”Place Your Bets on Folsom”…. 🤣

You can just post the same stuff from your @pastyfastquick3 handle…. 🤣🤣

If Serra Wins out, The go to the Open… They already beat Folsom so the CIF will put them in….

Folsoms only hope is that Serra doesn’t win their section, that is their only path to the open….

Um, yeah… no. Doesn’t matter.

Now that Folsom has beaten Pittsburg, the only teams that has a chance to overtake Serra (provided they win out) is St. Mary’s and maybe Oak Ridge. The Rams have to beat DLS and go through the SJS D-I playoffs, while Oak Ridge would have to specifically beat SM (with that DLS win) in the playoffs. Folsom cannot overtake an undefeated Padre team.

While SJS D-I is looking good, there is a chance of two undefeated public schools in the CCS D-I playoffs. The CIF loves it if you beat undefeated teams in the playoffs.
Uh yeah, I fvcked up, I left out if Serra loses a WCAL game but then goes in to win CCS. Which is what I meant to say.

My point was if that happened and Folsom won out I think they could jump Serra if they both had one loss. Of course Serra has the head to head, but it is very important when you lose, early season losses are not treated the same as losses later in the season. And overall body of work I think would tilt to Folsom just looking at how their potential playoff run /strength could turn out.

Of course The Serra and DLS Coaches are “Too Soft” and you would.”Place Your Bets on Folsom”…. 🤣

You can just post the same stuff from your @pastyfastquick3 handle…. 🤣🤣
Stop being a paranoid weirdo. If we were the same person, @Streak One would have banned the names a long time ago. Move on.

But he is right. The best athletes right now are coming out of Folsom and are in Folsom. Thats a fact in NorCal.

"You can't handle the TRUTH!"- A Few Good Men. :)

Uh yeah, I fvcked up, I left out if Serra loses a WCAL game but then goes in to win CCS. Which is what I meant to say.

My point was if that happened and Folsom won out I think they could jump Serra if they both had one loss. Of course Serra has the head to head, but it is very important when you lose, early season losses are not treated the same as losses later in the season. And overall body of work I think would tilt to Folsom just looking at how their potential playoff run /strength could turn out.
Folsom lost to Serra but Folsom really blew that game. Folsom was much better. They fumbled in the red zone twice and made a few huge errors. Right now, I think Folsom is a two TD better team than Serra.

Stop being a paranoid weirdo. If we were the same person, @Streak One would have banned the names a long time ago. Move on.

But he is right. The best athletes right now are coming out of Folsom and are in Folsom. Thats a fact in NorCal.
The only Weirdo on here is you who feels the need to pose as a So Cal Poster to take shots at DLS and Serra…. 🤣

The only Weirdo on here is you who feels the need to pose as a So Cal Poster to take shots at DLS and Serra…. 🤣
Says the dude who "trolled these forums for years with no handle," who pulls up to a mediocre pizza joint in Concord to meet random dudes.

Weirdo lol

Says the dude who "trolled these forums for years with no handle," who pulls up to a mediocre pizza joint in Concord to meet random dudes.

Weirdo lol
You Mad Bro??…. Sounds like you are Jealous of Rocco’s Amazing Pizza, Best in Nor Cal!….. 🤣

Weirdo lol
So you just coincidentally called Bay Area coaches soft, and QPR calls players in SF, Silicon Valley and some of the East Bay soft literally hours apart. And in turn say that the best talent period is in Folsom. Kind of goes hand in hand buddy. Your Kevin Durant multiple handles ain’t fooling nobody. Just admit it. You are Patsy and you are QPR. Didn’t use the word WEAK, you both for the love of God just used the same word, SOFT, here let me say it again, SOFT. The reality is your defense and tough guy mentality is the only thing that is TRULY SOFT.

And I now question wether you are even a legit Folsom fan or just a DLS hater. Cause anyone would think the biggest Folsom Pom Pom guy would be at the game posting updates of the score. You posted 7-7, that was it.

Your cover is fully blown. As one student yelled at a basketball game at St. Ignatius said, hey ref get off your knees your blowing the game. Replace the word ref with hater and read it a few times

Have you forgotten what happened just last year?

DLS lost an early season game not even to Serra, but the 1-loss Padres were still chosen over the Spartans at the end. DLS had the wins over both the SJS D-I and SDS D-Open champs… did not matter.

I understand that wanting to stir drama where there isn’t any is more interesting than just waiting for the inevitable, but we need to remain logical.

Also, there’s very little chance that Serra loses in WCAL play. VC has already been dumped by Wilcox and Salinas, Bellarmine lost to M-A, St. Francis to Monterey Trail… who is left? Mitty? Sorry, I don’t see it.

Like I said, if Wilcox beats M-A next week and Los Gatos later in the year, there will likely be two undefeated public schools in the playoffs (the Chargers and Salinas). Unfortunately, they will likely face-off in the semis before reaching Serra, but those two might be the biggest threats. Even then, the Padres will likely be a good 14-point favorite in that game.

So you just coincidentally called Bay Area coaches soft, and QPR calls players in SF, Silicon Valley and some of the East Bay soft literally hours apart. And in turn say that the best talent period is in Folsom. Kind of goes hand in hand buddy. Your Kevin Durant multiple handles ain’t fooling nobody. Just admit it. You are Patsy and you are QPR. Didn’t use the word WEAK, you both for the love of God just used the same word, SOFT, here let me say it again, SOFT. The reality is your defense and tough guy mentality is the only thing that is TRULY SOFT.

And I now question wether you are even a legit Folsom fan or just a DLS hater. Cause anyone would think the biggest Folsom Pom Pom guy would be at the game posting updates of the score. You posted 7-7, that was it.

Your cover is fully blown. As one student yelled at a basketball game at St. Ignatius said, hey ref get off your knees your blowing the game. Replace the word ref with hater and read it a few times
He’s the max preps scorekeeper for the blue field tribe.

Yes I think so. And he's a Miami commit too.
Nearly Everytime I see these so called 5 star QB’s I’m disappointed. Basically, he’s a 6”5 athletic kid with a big arm. Great 7x7 player.
There Are tons of smaller Hs Qb’s better but don’t check the box. Give me a kid like DO QB all day long. Christ, look at Jake Haener at Fresno. He’s barely 6”1 190 and you won’t find too many better.

I keep getting these bay are schools mixed up. I thought that M-A team was playing Freedom but it turns out thats the other school in that area called the Menlo Knights.

Why would they name two schools the exact same name in the exact same area or city? What is the M-A teams mascot?
How are they the exact same name?

Have you forgotten what happened just last year?

DLS lost an early season game not even to Serra, but the 1-loss Padres were still chosen over the Spartans at the end. DLS had the wins over both the SJS D-I and SDS D-Open champs… did not matter.

I understand that wanting to stir drama where there isn’t any is more interesting than just waiting for the inevitable, but we need to remain logical.

Also, there’s very little chance that Serra loses in WCAL play. VC has already been dumped by Wilcox and Salinas, Bellarmine lost to M-A, St. Francis to Monterey Trail… who is left? Mitty? Sorry, I don’t see it.

Like I said, if Wilcox beats M-A next week and Los Gatos later in the year, there will likely be two undefeated public schools in the playoffs (the Chargers and Salinas). Unfortunately, they will likely face-off in the semis before reaching Serra, but those two might be the biggest threats. Even then, the Padres will likely be a good 14-point favorite in that game.
Didn’t DLS have 2 loses last year prior to the loss to Folsom? They lost to St. Francis and also played St. Frances of Baltimore.

Stirring up drama? Ok lol. My point is no want exactly will happen yet! Last year at this time everyone was penciling in St. Francis as going to the Open even on here. There was still a lot of football to be played and there are other possiblties out there.

One of my all time favorite scenes:

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Nearly Everytime I see these so called 5 star QB’s I’m disappointed. Basically, he’s a 6”5 athletic kid with a big arm. Great 7x7 player.
There Are tons of smaller Hs Qb’s better but don’t check the box. Give me a kid like DO QB all day long. Christ, look at Jake Haener at Fresno. He’s barely 6”1 190 and you won’t find too many better.
Agree. Seen Rashada play quite a few times. He passes the eyeball test, but I never saw him as a 5 star prospect. Not based on what I saw in games. A legit 5 star wins that game for Pitt last night. Just my opinion

Didn’t DLS have 2 loses last year prior to the loss to Folsom? They lost to St. Francis and also played St. Frances of Baltimore.

Stirring up drama? Ok lol. My point is no want exactly will happen yet! Last year at this time everyone was penciling in St. Francis as going to the Open even on here. There was still a lot of football to be played and there are other possiblties out there.

One of my all time favorite scenes:

Serra had the opportunity for a head-to-head with St. Francis.

No one from the SJS has an opportunity for a head-to-head to the Padres.

Did you read any of the reports from the CIF selection committee from last year? They clearly indicated that it was the win by St. Francis over DLS and Serra over SF that gave the Padres the nod. They didn't even really care that the Lancers won the regular season meeting.

SFA was a national power. Did the Spartan loss to STA in 2011 keep them out of the Open, despite Bellarmine going undefeated the rest of the year? No, it didn't.

Yes, we do know what will happen. It's not that difficult to understand.

Reactions: bella123
Any reports from Rancho vs Vanden? That was game of the week with vanden pulling out 30-29 win. Personally I thought Rancho would beat them. Just curious if anybody had any insights?

Any reports from Rancho vs Vanden? That was game of the week with vanden pulling out 30-29 win. Personally I thought Rancho would beat them. Just curious if anybody had any insights?
I knew that was going to be an interesting game. The thing about Vanden, they always have a few athletes with home run speed. And you never know what talented individual they may draw from nearby Travis AFB. Sometimes they'd be difficult to scout based on the previous years team, because of the Travis X factor. Just my opinion on that

I knew that was going to be an interesting game. The thing about Vanden, they always have a few athletes with home run speed. And you never know what talented individual they may draw from nearby Travis AFB. Sometimes they'd be difficult to scout based on the previous years team, because of the Travis X factor. Just my opinion on that
The military bases do that. I am old. But back in the day Atwater and Merced had athletes all over their programs. And a lot were only there a year or 2. I will always remember a guy named Carlos Boozer. 10 yards a carry in football. Averaged 30 points a game in basketball. 49 second quarter mile as a freshman. Then disappeared.

Reactions: remc
Yup even if it means losing the Mercenary Open every year, I rather watch traditional quality community football then watching 2 teams filled with mercenary transfers from all over play for a title each year
Absolutely

As a parent, sitting in the stands with parents of kids you seen grow up with yours is more satisfying to me. Saying hi to longtime friends, watching the kids in the stands etc….

Thats the version of Friday Night Lights that I prefer.

Good points. Rancho is fortunate to have a few of those difference makers as well this year also. I think we will be hearing from both programs again come playoffs. I doubt either will lose again.

Are we starting to see parity among these " top tier " teams? I think D2 in SJS is going to be interesting. After watching Downey v Tracy. Those 2 teams in my opinion play on different night different outcome. MT and ST MARY'S thrown in. And Manteca this year is loaded with athletes.

thats why you dont coach division 1 football and you hang out at high school games.
clearly the big boys know a little something.

The military bases do that. I am old. But back in the day Atwater and Merced had athletes all over their programs. And a lot were only there a year or 2. I will always remember a guy named Carlos Boozer. 10 yards a carry in football. Averaged 30 points a game in basketball. 49 second quarter mile as a freshman. Then disappeared.
his family transferred to elmendorf afb in anchorage and they eventually had carlos boozer jr, who went on to a little bit of success and now has twin sons who are top 25 basketball players.

HALF- SHP 21, ARHS 0.... Riordan looks out of sorts. Sleepy first quarter. Better effort in the 2nd and then fell asleep at the very end of the half and gave up another score. Mitchell not in sync with his receivers. Prep just looks more focused and attacking Riordan weaknesses on defense.

their section is just silicon valley and San Francisco right? Jeez they will win pretty easy then given the weak competition they have
Serra defeated DLS, Central Catholic and Folsom, and their league WCAL is arguably ranked in the top tier leagues in Norcal (like in 2021 at #5 in the state ahead of Sierra Foothill at #12). Folsom has lost to Serra and Bellarmine in games at Folsom. Last season St Francis from WCAL defeated DLS which beat Folsom by 10 in first game and lost by 1 in second game (split). WCAL is stronger than SFL in many years. Their section division also is am open division which pits all the toughest teams in its division. You are showing your ignorance about Norcal and CCS football.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
Um, yeah… no. Doesn’t matter.

Now that Folsom has beaten Pittsburg, the only teams that has a chance to overtake Serra (provided they win out) is St. Mary’s and maybe Oak Ridge. The Rams have to beat DLS and go through the SJS D-I playoffs, while Oak Ridge would have to specifically beat SM (with that DLS win) in the playoffs. Folsom cannot overtake an undefeated Padre team.

While SJS D-I is looking good, there is a chance of two undefeated public schools in the CCS D-I playoffs. The CIF loves it if you beat undefeated teams in the playoffs.
Possibly Salinas also will have a shot if they run the table and defeat Serra in CCS playoffs (probably will be seeded 1 and 2). Oakridge and SM would seem to have the edge if they run the table and go undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT