ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your picks for Nor Cal teams of decade? Overall and Division

En4cr

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Overall, I pick Sheldon with 3 Open Division state finals appearances, 4 Nor Cal finals, and 5 section championships (7 finals)
Modesto Christian, DLS, BOD all in the running.

I will leave Division up to the more well versed on Bay Area and Sac D1 thru 5 schools.

The difficulty in selecting non-Open teams is the fact that they have moved up and down throughout the decade, and especially the last two years with Competitive Equity in force.

Obvious example: St. Joe's. They've been in D2 thru D5, and one year in Open.

Anyway, I have to agree.. Sheldon is NorCal's team of the decade in my book...

In addition to MC, DLS and BOD, Salesian should get some consideration, or at least Honorable Mention.

Look at the last 7 season from Frank Knight and Moreau.

I think Moreau does warrant some consideration, more for Bay Area decade team. Impressive record after tough beginning years for Coach Knight. Losses to Branson this year and Esperanza in State as well as a loss to Sheldon at home in Nor Cals a couple years ago keep them off my list.

Overall, I pick Sheldon with 3 Open Division state finals appearances, 4 Nor Cal finals, and 5 section championships (7 finals)
Modesto Christian, DLS, BOD all in the running.

I will leave Division up to the more well versed on Bay Area and Sac D1 thru 5 schools.
SHELDON has been to 2 Open state championships but 3 overall. They have been to Norcal open finals 4 of 7 years . 5 Norcal Finals of last 8. 2012 was D1 vs Mater Dei.
They have been to 8 of 10 SJS Finals

Reactions: norcalbasketball
SHELDON has been to 2 Open state championships but 3 overall. They have been to Norcal open finals 4 of 7 years . 5 Norcal Finals of last 8. 2012 was D1 vs Mater Dei.
They have been to 8 of 10 SJS Finals

Thanks for correction.

I think it is Sheldon in NorCal by a pretty wide margin. Their sustained success and doing a lot of it in the Open Division separates them.

For NCS, I'd take O'Dowd with the Open title, two NorCal Open titles and three NorCal Open championship appearances.

For CCS, it is Mitty though they haven't had the same amount of signature wins in recent years. The early part of the decade gave them a good lead in this discussion

Reactions: TwitterLegend
The difficulty in selecting non-Open teams is the fact that they have moved up and down throughout the decade, and especially the last two years with Competitive Equity in force.

Obvious example: St. Joe's. They've been in D2 thru D5, and one year in Open.

Anyway, I have to agree.. Sheldon is NorCal's team of the decade in my book...

In addition to MC, DLS and BOD, Salesian should get some consideration, or at least Honorable Mention.

Salesian can get regular season team of decade title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT