ADVERTISEMENT

who is going to be the top teams in Sacramento for 2016-17 season?

These June games mean nothing. Sheldon didn't have Duplechan, Jesuit was missing 3-4 starters. Some things I saw:

-Forbes from Folsom is really good and getting better. Bigger more athletic version Solomon Young

-Drew Hibbs and Tom Orlich out at Foothill and Clovis West respectively. 2 great coaches moving on

-Whitney has a good coaching staff and system in place and even though their talent will fluctuate year to year they will be consistently good.

These June games mean nothing. Sheldon didn't have Duplechan, Jesuit was missing 3-4 starters. Some things I saw:

-Forbes from Folsom is really good and getting better. Bigger more athletic version Solomon Young

-Drew Hibbs and Tom Orlich out at Foothill and Clovis West respectively. 2 great coaches moving on

-Whitney has a good coaching staff and system in place and even though their talent will fluctuate year to year they will be consistently good.

Forbes is a great presence at Folsom, should help them tremendously, but comparing him to Solomon is a stretch...Young has a higher Ceiling and a motor that can't be matched. I have no doubt that Forbes will translate to a great player at the next level, but to compare him to Young....not close yet.

At this stage everyone is missing players...what you look at is how those players that may have a role during the season, are playing right now, if the non starters are playing somewhat well at this stage, you have a pretty good team on your hands....but it will shake out in 2 weeks at the Franklin/Sheldon tournament for sure.

Forbes is a great presence at Folsom, should help them tremendously, but comparing him to Solomon is a stretch...Young has a higher Ceiling and a motor that can't be matched. I have no doubt that Forbes will translate to a great player at the next level, but to compare him to Young....not close yet.

At this stage everyone is missing players...what you look at is how those players that may have a role during the season, are playing right now, if the non starters are playing somewhat well at this stage, you have a pretty good team on your hands....but it will shake out in 2 weeks at the Franklin/Sheldon tournament for sure.
Agree to disagree on Forbes. And meant not slight to Young I am a big fan. But I think Forbes compares very favorably to Young going into their junior seasons.

True.

The biggest difference to me is that Forbes Has re-classed, at least that is the info that I have. So what we are looking at is a 2018 that is really a 2017. Young did not re-class, and was a true 2016....RARE in this time of sports..Some just mature sooner than later.

I am excited about seeing him this season, and watching his confidence grow against J Brown...that will be a battle the next 2 years in this city

My take.

2 pretty different players. Young seemed to peek early. Full grown at 15 and didn't get any bigger throughout HS. Hey it is what it is... Can't control that. What he did do was improve on his skills tremendously. He was a below average shooter as a freshman. Senior year very good shooter and developed a nice face up game. Should be a good player at Iowa State. Wouldn't be surprised if he got early minutes off the bench right away as a 6th man.

Forbes is a lot slighter build and more of a wing/baseline player. If he gets to 6"8-6"9 which he could I think his ceiling will be high. He is more versatile right now but not the physical presence that Young was. If he puts in the time he has the opportunity to be a high level recruit.

But young made himself into a basketball player and i tip my hat for that.

I actually think you are correct LL! I see more upside for Forbes. His mid range game has improved every year and he's becoming more aggressive....as long as he stays on the floor Folsom should have a good season. I'm looking forward to Watching him Play!

I will say this, the quality of Guard play will be way down this year I can't remember a year where there really isn't a clear cut Elite guard in this town...But That's why you work when no one else is...there are several up tempo guards (Cobb/Duplichan Sheldon, Gray/ Milton C Oaks, Chappell/Williams CC) but for the first time in several years, no one has put their stamp in the City yet...I'm anxious to see who steps out of the Ford Shadow...

I actually think you are correct LL! I see more upside for Forbes. His mid range game has improved every year and he's becoming more aggressive....as long as he stays on the floor Folsom should have a good season. I'm looking forward to Watching him Play!

I will say this, the quality of Guard play will be way down this year I can't remember a year where there really isn't a clear cut Elite guard in this town...But That's why you work when no one else is...there are several up tempo guards (Cobb/Duplichan Sheldon, Gray/ Milton C Oaks, Chappell/Williams CC) but for the first time in several years, no one has put their stamp in the City yet...I'm anxious to see who steps out of the Ford Shadow...
Williams got arrested for armed robbery and has a half million dollar bail so I don't think he will be in the back court next year at Capital Christian. And what kind of a joke school is Capital? how many off the court scandals have they had with basketball players in the last 8-10 years?

Reactions: ovo2017
Don't know much about CC. I recall getting blasted a few years back because I didn't think much of there PG who was by no means a D1 player. He ended up going to William Jessup but I don't think he ever played. Rumor on street is next Oak Ridge coach is from Capital Christian? Anybody hear?

I'm sorry to hear that about Williams....I would never wish that on any Kid

That changes the Landscape of CC for sure, I did hear that they have a 6-9 and a 6-10 over there...but without Guard play, it could be a long season for them.I think Sheldon beat them by 14 in league.

Oak Ridge Should have a good team this year also, tradionally they do. But with a new coach...Time will tell.

Williams got arrested for armed robbery and has a half million dollar bail so I don't think he will be in the back court next year at Capital Christian. And what kind of a joke school is Capital? how many off the court scandals have they had with basketball players in the last 8-10 years?
Not necessary for all that information.

He's over 18 he's an adult and its public information that is available to anyone. Don't want people to know u are going to prison, don't commit armed robbery.
Not necessary for all that information.
es

Plenty necessary. Who cares if he's 15. How does the person feel who got robbed? Tired of kids hiding behind walls. Good luck in prison. Say hi to Darius Nelson for us.

Vukovich, my name is Devon Jones head basketball coach from Capital. I received a phone call about someone on this site talking about Williams. I love and care for Williams with all my heart. Im very disturbed that there are people like you to take the time to share information that is sensitive to the family and people who are praying for him. My prayers are with the family in a difficult time. Williams is not convicted of anything at this time and his name should stay out of your mouth. Talk about Capital all you want but leave the kid alone. Please call me personally anytime to discuss futher.

I completely disagree with the above. Devon you may care for williams and his family which is fine, but was there anything factually inaccurate with what vukovich said? Was he involved in an armed robbery? Sounds like this was an event that happened and the court case/trial are pending. Why would he call also? I love when people say that.

I completely disagree with the above. Devon you may care for williams and his family which is fine, but was there anything factually inaccurate with what vukovich said? Was he involved in an armed robbery? Sounds like this was an event that happened and the court case/trial are pending. Why would he call also? I love when people say that.

Larry please feel free to disagree. Im standing up for a kid that none of you know anything about. I'm not coming back to the board to comment again and I've said what I needed to say. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT