ADVERTISEMENT

who looked good at Moreau?

I was there Saturday and parts of Sunday.

Washington- Will be really good this year! They are long, athletic, and pressed everyone they played pretty much the whole game. I saw them beat Oakland Tech and De La Salle. Them along with Logan, Moreau and Newark will finally have some parity in the MVAL

St. Ignatius- Is the real freaking deal! Athletic, move the ball excellently. Great spacing and pace. Executed when needed to, and ran the lanes and finished in transition when needed. I have not seen the other WCAL teams yet (except Serra) but SI has to be the team to beat.

Serra- Surprised me a lot! They are really good! Without Jack they spaced everyone out and drove and kicked to get easy shots. No Coach Rapp but they looked like a team that has played many games this summer. They have a half-black kid (Im sorry for that description but I do not know his name) that will be really really good!

Dougherty Valley- Plays hard for Coach Hansen and they will give people problems int he league and in the post season if they get there. They dropped a heart breaker at the buzzer to Moreau Catholic in the 1st place game in thier pool. They have good guard play and a mobile big. Im going to keep an eye on them this year.

Clovis East- They brought their JV and Varsity and at least 30 players. They played man to man pressure defense from beginning to en, and rotate lots of players in and out. I've seen Clovis West and they play the same way. It must me a Central Valley Fresno thing. They played extremely hard in both games I saw.

St. Pats- After coming off the State Title I wanted to see them the most. I thought by looking at their numbers that they were in rebuild mode, but they won both the games I saw and they compete. They have a kid that has to be a football player that is a complete monster to deal with.

Moreau Catholic- I was expecting to see a rebuild and a rough tourney for Moreau after loosing Kyree and Damari last year. They have lots of athletes and they executed will down the stretch. They won their pool and looked pretty good with what my expectations were. They will get better once the roles settle in and still be a tough out in the MVAL and in divisional play off play.

Miramonte- Won their pool going away and made a run in the bracket play. They were well coached and moved the ball well. They were in every game I saw and beat Newark Memorial. They should be fun to watch!

I was there Saturday and parts of Sunday.

Washington- Will be really good this year! They are long, athletic, and pressed everyone they played pretty much the whole game. I saw them beat Oakland Tech and De La Salle. Them along with Logan, Moreau and Newark will finally have some parity in the MVAL

St. Ignatius- Is the real freaking deal! Athletic, move the ball excellently. Great spacing and pace. Executed when needed to, and ran the lanes and finished in transition when needed. I have not seen the other WCAL teams yet (except Serra) but SI has to be the team to beat.

Serra- Surprised me a lot! They are really good! Without Jack they spaced everyone out and drove and kicked to get easy shots. No Coach Rapp but they looked like a team that has played many games this summer. They have a half-black kid (Im sorry for that description but I do not know his name) that will be really really good!

Dougherty Valley- Plays hard for Coach Hansen and they will give people problems int he league and in the post season if they get there. They dropped a heart breaker at the buzzer to Moreau Catholic in the 1st place game in thier pool. They have good guard play and a mobile big. Im going to keep an eye on them this year.

Clovis East- They brought their JV and Varsity and at least 30 players. They played man to man pressure defense from beginning to en, and rotate lots of players in and out. I've seen Clovis West and they play the same way. It must me a Central Valley Fresno thing. They played extremely hard in both games I saw.

St. Pats- After coming off the State Title I wanted to see them the most. I thought by looking at their numbers that they were in rebuild mode, but they won both the games I saw and they compete. They have a kid that has to be a football player that is a complete monster to deal with.

Moreau Catholic- I was expecting to see a rebuild and a rough tourney for Moreau after loosing Kyree and Damari last year. They have lots of athletes and they executed will down the stretch. They won their pool and looked pretty good with what my expectations were. They will get better once the roles settle in and still be a tough out in the MVAL and in divisional play off play.

Miramonte- Won their pool going away and made a run in the bracket play. They were well coached and moved the ball well. They were in every game I saw and beat Newark Memorial. They should be fun to watch!

Could Doughtery win the EBAL?
nice and quick guards
play hard

MV, DELA, DUBLIN, FOOTHILL seem to be the best that I saw over summer in that league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT