ADVERTISEMENT

Will IMG break "The Streak"?

I want to say these look like two high level JC teams but in some aspects they’re better.

In the USC game Daniels just threw a nice strike to St Brown for a TD. To think Daniels could be in this game vs IMG.

IMG is just running the ball down MD's throat. They've got about 300 yards rushing.

They have a good looking offense. Up 3 with 3 minuets they need to play defense. I’m hoping for some sorta dramatic finish.

MD is close to FG territory. I wonder if they have OT in this game if it comes down to it.

MD moving the ball well, all passes thus far. 1st down at IMG 32 with under 2 minutes to go

Obviously getting way ahead of ourselves here. The Streak ran all the way up to 151 games while the Ascenders are barely at 30. IMG openly recruits at a national level providing the best athletes in the nation and opportunity to train and live at Division 1 type facilities which gives them a leg up over even the biggest recruiting factories such as Gorman and Mater Dei.

We are years away from "The Steak" being in any imminent danger but IMG certainly has the money to put themselves in position to end it. Will the Ascenders be the team to dethrone the Spartans?
How many years do we have to wait and see now?

Amazing game, not sure Mater Dei pulls off the win if they had to travel to Florida. The IMG guys were playing at essentially 2am. If those two teams played 100 times I'd put the over/under right at 50.

Also, if SJB is on MD's level, the SBG Open game might get ugly no matter which of those two teams end up there.

I chuckled at your comment, only because it’s pretty funny to consider a team, with supposedly 20+ transfers, calling their opponents “mercenaries”

One brings in mostly hired guns from Cali and the others brings in hired guns from across country and really isn’t a high school.......hard to like either one but I’ll root for Cali

Amazing game, not sure Mater Dei pulls off the win if they had to travel to Florida. The IMG guys were playing at essentially 2am. If those two teams played 100 times I'd put the over/under right at 50.

Also, if SJB is on MD's level, the SBG Open game might get ugly no matter which of those two teams end up there.

I’ve only seen highlights but SJB looks just as good. The difference to me is SJB seems like more of a running team while MD passing but both are legit.

Reactions: Hatchball
What an Amazing game!... Those were some real powerhouse teams!... Great win for Cali!!!!....

Reactions: MC415
I personally think its messed up we cant play or are banned from playing teams like img etc from here on out. Its a personal decision from a respective school. Just say no. Or yes. It doesnt need a heavy handed decision from the front office higher ups. The few teams that came close to defeating img were cali teams. And bone headed play calling cost 1 game a few years back. Leave it to schools to decide. No need for higher ups laying down the law.

I personally think its messed up we cant play or are banned from playing teams like img etc from here on out. Its a personal decision from a respective school. Just say no. Or yes. It doesnt need a heavy handed decision from the front office higher ups. The few teams that came close to defeating img were cali teams. And bone headed play calling cost 1 game a few years back. Leave it to schools to decide. No need for higher ups laying down the law.

100% agree. Great high level entertaining game, doesn’t get any better than that.

Reactions: slick58
This was an amazing game!! Img was pretty much one dimensional with running the ball at MD all nite. Number 6 on img is the real deal. Patient to read blocks, shifty to avoid defenders running down hill, physical on point of contact, and burners when he sees the hole. Number 7 was also good but not as well rounded, I guess he is the faster of the two, and that scary because 6 had jets. The MD defense had a bend but don't break mentality, coming up with big plays when they needed it. The MD offensive coordinator made some great calls last nite that lead to big scores. Img as most of us were totally fooled. The secondary for both teams played lights out. Rarely was anyoneawide open. MD #5 is a beast. All his catches we're in double coverage minus two. He was unpressable in bump in run coverage. Absolutely no problem getting off the line of scrimmage. I loved watching him go out it with #5 on img. and when he got ejected(?), he and #3 which I thought was a more physical and a better corner went at it like cats and dogs. Real Scrappy. Biggest problem last nite, outside of my migraine, was the penalties! I thought my beloved pacers lacked discipline and made too many mental errors. No way! Especially compared to last night. Both squads had laundry on the field all nite. Holding calls, late hits, targeting, off side penalties. I wasn't surprised because before the game and throughout they we're talking shxt and in each other's faces. Both teams were warned multiple times and redirected by refs for extensive smack talk. Img looked big compared to MD, but MD looked faster overall. Overall both teams were pretty equal. I thought we were destined for overtime. The MD oline came through at the end of the game and the QB made some good reads and put the ball in tight coverage. Hats off to the MD secondary. They played a lot of zero coverage at times in order to slow down the run. The stadium was really nice. No track around the field and the field is below ground level, so the view was amazing no matter where you sit. I'm not sure how many people it seats but it was standing room only with people squeezing in behind the score board. Great game! Ill put it right up there with one of my all time favorites, the grant vs long beach championship game or the 1992 grant vs Merced championship game. And I agree with what some posters have said, both of these teams looked like junior college squads. Tons of talent and loaded at each position. If St John Bosco is rated higher than both of these teams by the experts they must be legit.

In the USC game Daniels just threw a nice strike to St Brown for a TD. To think Daniels could be in this game vs IMG.
Yes, but being held back a year certainly helped him even as ESPN last night stated ten times “skipped his senior year in HS and is a True Freshman.” smh. Pretty good performance tho’.

not sure how many people it seats but it was standing room only with people squeezing in behind the score board.

Holds 10,000 capacity so watching on tv and seeing people in the scoreboard grass was something

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT