ADVERTISEMENT

Will the CIF; SJS; and NCS Finally Get The State Open Game Right?

mtnjohn

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2007
It looks as if again this year we will not have the two best teams in Northern California playing each other for the right to go to the State Open Game.

Why can't the CIF just say that the two best teams in Northern and Southern California will play each other, with the winner going to the Open Game and the loser to the D-1 game. As it will probably play out this year, we will have Folsom again ducking DLS as they did last year. At least in Southern California we can probably look forward to Centennial Corona playing St. John Bosco.

Let's get it right and have the two best teams play each other in out part of the state.

Yes the all powerful Folsom Bulldogs get to dictate what they want to do to the CIF everyyear.
Give it a rest. I wish the top teams played too , but you give Folsom too much credit when it comes to who it plays in the playoffs.
Anyway we all know Folsom is down this year with all they lost and I would be more interested in seeing them play Bell's the year.

CIF and section playoffs need to be completely revisited. Between the SJS, NCS and CCS you could have 3 completely styles of playoff formats that get confusing. The CIF tries to play the politics game and limit contact in summer and during the season with 2 contact practices at 90 min max a piece to combat injury concerns then in the next breath they add as many playoff games as they can. Seems like money is a bigger factor than safety. Fact is we need better playoff matches, I'm seeing more teams with losing records than ever get into their respected playoffs. After a 10 game season we pretty much know who the top teams are. There needs to be a Nor Cal playoff were you take the top teams and put them in a 8 team playoff with Open 1,2,3,4 (5?) divisions and let the section playoffs be like a NIT. Its irritating as a fan to constantly see the local high school football playoffs watered down and games don't matter until the 3rd round

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT