ADVERTISEMENT

Will the MEL Champion be decided in week 2

If Wood couldn't stop Napa's run game what makes anyone think they'll stop Vacaville's run game?
Good point! Do you believe vacavilles run game is on par with Napa this season? Comparing max preps stats I'm not so sure. Does Vacaville have a fighting chance to beat them Indians this week?

Do you believe vacavilles run game is on par with Napa this season? Comparing max preps stats I'm not so sure.

The problem with comparing stats is that it is rarely an apples to apples comparison. Vacaville has faced Oak Ridge, Granite Bay and Pittsburg, Neither Napa or Wood has faced a team even remotely close to the caliber of those three. It's not a big leap to say that Vacaville's stats (and record) would look a lot better if they played Montgomery, Bishop O'Dowd, Case Grande and American Canyon.

The problem with comparing stats is that it is rarely an apples to apples comparison. Vacaville has faced Oak Ridge, Granite Bay and Pittsburg, Neither Napa or Wood has faced a team even remotely close to the caliber of those three. It's not a big leap to say that Vacaville's stats (and record) would look a lot better if they played Montgomery, Bishop O'Dowd, Case Grande and American Canyon.
I whole heartedly agree that this is true but stats give an over view of who they've struggled with and what type of team they are. It's not the black and white answer but an abstract painting containing some informational indicators. Napa and Vaca's scores vs Armijo were almost reflective of one other. Question is who pulled the starters first? The stats would suggest either team could win Friday. It should be exciting! Also I feel granite bay is overrated this season and that Napa can beat them if they get aligned in post season. First Vacaville has to be faced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT