ADVERTISEMENT

Woodcreek vs OR

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Was in attendance at Woodcreek vs OR. What a clinic woodcreek put on. They went on a 30-0 run to lead 39-9 at half. They held OR to zero (yes zero) points in the 2nd qtr. OR is down and Woodcreek is elite. The game ended with woodcreek up 40 or so and a running clock. Very impressed with woodcreeks intensity and floor leader Tyrell Roberts. He was my player of the game. Brown could get that aware nightly but it was Roberts who really led this game. Woodcreek is going to be a tough out down the stretch.

Larry i saw woodcreek play dublin in gridley they are really good.The guy who doesn't get enough
Credit for them is that power forward Cagle he is a load and the point gaurd
is smooth them and dublin are the two best teams I have seen so far this season hoping
to see sheldon next week

Was in attendance at Woodcreek vs OR. What a clinic woodcreek put on. They went on a 30-0 run to lead 39-9 at half. They held OR to zero (yes zero) points in the 2nd qtr. OR is down and Woodcreek is elite. The game ended with woodcreek up 40 or so and a running clock. Very impressed with woodcreeks intensity and floor leader Tyrell Roberts. He was my player of the game. Brown could get that aware nightly but it was Roberts who really led this game. Woodcreek is going to be a tough out down the stretch.

Yes, in the game against Salesian at Gridley, Roberts,keeping the ball against Salesian's press was the game changer. Brown huge of course, but key was No. 2 Roberts.
I do want to see a return matchup between these two teams, maybe we will see it in the open. I think the next game would be closer but not sure we wouldn't see the same outcome.
Cagle is solid, only a junior and should improve.
Here's wishing you great hoops

Guys
Cagle is definitely a kid who is going to play in college. He's 6"6 and long and if he improves his handle and ability to create his own shot I think he will get some low D1 looks if he hasn't already. The kid can flat out defend, shoot, and is a beast in the post. Very impressive player. Roberts is one of the best floor generals I've seen. How did he match up with Akinjo? I wasn't at that game.
Woodcreek is just a machine and is so well coached. I'm not as hot on Folsom this year. They have struggled with league teams that woodcreek is spanking. I watched them a few times already and most recently at the St Hope tourney and I thought it was their weakest team in at least 4 years. Not deep and limited size. Don't get me wrong coach wall is an awesome coach and they defend and play hard but Woodcreek should win by double digits. Forbes has very little help on the inside.

Shocky, I've been around hoops awhile and Brown reminds me a little of a better Drew Gooden who came out of El Cerrito and went on to KU and the NBA of course. He was 6'10 and could play both inside and outside. Rabb most recently an ODOWD product at 6-10-6-11 is more of a back to the basket guy. Lives in the paint. Having a great career at Cal and should be a top 15-20 NBA pick. But honestly, I think Brown is a lot better at this stage in his career than both of these guys. His footwork is off the charts and he is really good on the 2nd and 3rd attempt on an offensive rebound. You can't teach hands and he has a great pair. The kid makes his FT's and plays within the flow of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT