ADVERTISEMENT

wow Brackets are out...smh

ball of fame

Sports Fanatic
Dec 8, 2002
WCAL was given way too much credit...In D2 SERRA #1 AND MITTY#4 & D3 RIORDAN #3 and SACRED HEART #4 .....

Two great 1st round games in OPEN SHELDON VS MOREAU AND DLS VS SALESIAN...

Committee thumbs down...you motivated quite a few schools..disrespected Albany

BIG for the Valley (VOL) Central Catholic and Weston Ranch (obvious) gets the #1 Seed and Manteca get #2 Seed.

WCAL was given way too much credit...In D2 SERRA #1 AND MITTY#4 & D3 RIORDAN #3 and SACRED HEART #4 .....

Committee thumbs down...you motivated quite a few schools..disrespected Albany
I'm a WCAL fan, but good lord. This was suppose to be a down year for the League. Does this mean all of Norcal is down as well, which as LL alluded to would be SoCal dominance in the State title game.
http://www.cifstate.org/sports/basketball/B_brkts/index

Last edited:
WCAL (and CCS) got just one team in the Open. After the Open, the entire enchilada is watered down dramatically.

D1 - Bellarmine over Jesuit and MV for the top seed ... how? Maybe Oakland Tech would've had it if not for the loss to McClymonds in the Oakland title game.

D2 - Serra is an easy #1. Probably should've gone Open, imo. Surprised Mitty got put ahead of Antelope. Might've just been to prevent them from meeting Serra early on.

D3 - WOW! I thought Riordan would've been a 6 at best. Ball of fame, you're right. Albany really got screwed.

Who has Mitty beaten this year?? 14-13 get a 3 seed. These people that are doing the brackets are on one. I mean wow. I'm dumbfounded up and down the list. Pretty unreal to me.

I hear you. I was thinking DLS would be #1 for awhile but then I went to see MC last night and they have won 30 in a row and beat a very good Folsom team by 16. It was probably a very close. I don't see Salesian coming within 15 of DLS. Not a good matchup for them.

CCS only send 4 team total in each division!! That why SI didn't make to NORCAL..

I hear you. I was thinking DLS would be #1 for awhile but then I went to see MC last night and they have won 30 in a row and beat a very good Folsom team by 16. It was probably a very close. I don't see Salesian coming within 15 of DLS. Not a good matchup for them.
I know what you're saying too though. No doubt 30 games is getting it done. And yes Folsom very good. I mean you get the 1 and 2 that doesn't matter much in NorCal. At home till finals.

Haven't watched much ball this year but I know I won't count out any mellis coached teams. He always has his guys ready to play and get after it defensively. One thing I can say with confidence is that up and down all divisions I think Socal will dominate the finals

With 3 teams in the Open from D2 CCS, only the winner of the D2 bracket would qualify. SI missed out due to coming in 2nd to Leland

DLS or MC..could've gone either way but I see MC as a bit more proven. If they both do what they should based on a 1-2 seed, they can decide the better team on the court. MC may have gotten an easier path by virtue of that #2 seed.

Great bracket overall!

Larry Shut your pie hole.. Go back and look at my posts. I said MV should be in open based on previous performance. you So The Smarty pants you were wrong comment i don't get. You are a complete fraud and talk out your A$$ most of the time. You are so addicted to your phone at games you don't even pay any attention to your boys. You come to a game ask parents,coaches etc about kids, look up info in the program and internet and post like you are a GURU. You can't deny it cause I've seen you on multiple occassions

Last night you come to the arena in the 4th qtr of the sac game and write bogus comments about the game. Your first post was when you got to the game and you said

Quote WOW 70-68

72-68 Sac final! Very impressive showing my antelope.

Big game by Iowa State bound Solomon Young. 26 and at least 15. Disappointing game by Terrell. He needs to step up.

How can you make these comments when you weren't there. You just assumed Solomn had 15 plus rebounds. He actually only had 9which was in part to the fact that he spent a lot of time on the perimeter as he was 3-5 from 3 and had other outside jumpers. You would have known that if you were there.

Reactions: EHS HOOPS
Unless there are 3 teams from the same division in the Open. D4 CCS runner up got the same fate, I presume.

The open is such a train wreck idea in general. You will have 14 of the top 20-25 teams in the state eliminated early for no reason. If you are going to do it at least just do 4 team NorCal open bracket not the full 8. Just makes the overall level or NorCal games and state final games a big level below what they should be.

QUOTE="ball of fame, post: 112278, member: 190"]WCAL was given way too much credit...In D2 SERRA #1 AND MITTY#4 & D3 RIORDAN #3 and SACRED HEART #4 .....

Committee thumbs down...you motivated quite a few schools..disrespected Albany[/QUOTE]

Thats too bad for SI getting left out. I dont know who controls this but they are always going back and forth between DII and DIII. I know it has something to do with enrollment.

Yep has everything to do with enrollment. Look at Valley, if they were still in D4 they would have made a nice run with the top 3 D4 teams playing in the Open. Probably need to tell the admission director to get a little stricter lol ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT