ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Sensley chooses Riordan

Here's a video showing some of the top 2024's in Norcal

I've seen both play in person and both will be excellent players. The first time I saw Ben Roseborough play was in a WCE HS camp in Sac and I honestly thought he was a jr. in high school not knowing who he was.

Any truth to a couple euro stud transfers coming in? A lot of freed up $$ with 3 basketball boarders graduating. Zion kid looks to have good length and tremendous amount of upside. Again - Riordan is a sleeping giant (boarding school) and coach can recruit, brother is admissions director and they apparently have money to spend, would be interesting to see where funding comes from? Diocese? Boosters? At any rate would be fun to see a national power in SF.

Ive seen some people compare Zion's game to Ben Simmons. Gotta remember, he's still got some growing to do probably.

Anybody know where Ben Roseborough is going to High School?

Gotta imagine Sheldon has to be the top contender if he is from the Sac area.

Going to be a long offseason if I’m watching a kid who looks like the professors little brother

Maybe with this infusion of nationally ranked talent, the crusaders can win the WCAL championship outright

If Riordan is counting on a freshmen. IT will be a long season for them...

That nationally ranked freshman will crack the starting lineup for Riordan next season. So yes they will be counting on him at some point next season as a starter. You surely don’t think he’s coming to Riordan to play JV or sit on the varsity bench do you?

Over whom? I don't see it. AND what position? Although a lot can change in 6-9 months, bEING a good 8th grader is a lot different from High School ball....

A prime example Courtney Anderson at Salesian. As an eighth grader, he was way more advanced than the youngster in question. At Salesian this year. HE DID not START. He played good mins. BUT didnt start.

Again. We shall see how it plays out. New players. TRANSFERS. Etc. We dont know if it will even be a season next year. AND summer league looks questionable as of right now. Things will be different.

That nationally ranked freshman will crack the starting lineup for Riordan next season. So yes they will be counting on him at some point next season as a starter. You surely don’t think he’s coming to Riordan to play JV or sit on the varsity bench do you?

Reactions: rebelmafia
Over whom? I don't see it. AND what position? Although a lot can change in 6-9 months, bEING a good 8th grader is a lot different from High School ball....

A prime example Courtney Anderson at Salesian. As an eighth grader, he was way more advanced than the youngster in question. At Salesian this year. HE DID not START. He played good mins. BUT didnt start.

Again. We shall see how it plays out. New players. TRANSFERS. Etc. We dont know if it will even be a season next year. AND summer league looks questionable as of right now. Things will be different.

Well we know he wont be starting at PG, Riordan still has the junior PG returning who unseated Monroe and pushed him to the 2 guard spot. What’s his name?

I’m pretty sure Roseborough ends up at Sheldon as he transferred the feeder middle school last year. The bigger question is who will transfer in. They always find a way to REUP after graduating starters

Not for mens. Maybe at the smaller JC way up north but any JC within some sort of population them spots pretty hard too
You don’t sign letters of intent to go to a sac city or CRC etc or committ. That’s the point . What I meant by showing up had to do with a good player. Guaranteed you can go to a JC and if they know anything about you will say YEP

I give big props to the bay area Juco coaches. They show up at games and talk to the players even if they know some will be bigger than JC. Sac area JC coaches aren't recruiting at that level, hence many Sac players end up in bay area or other areas out of Sac.

Reactions: hoopjunkie21
I give big props to the bay area Juco coaches. They show up at games and talk to the players even if they know some will be bigger than JC. Sac area JC coaches aren't recruiting at that level, hence many Sac players end up in bay area or other areas out of Sac.

Juco coaches basically have lifetime contracts there is little or no pressure to win.

Reactions: ankleassassin
I dont think he’ll start day 1 because coaches rarely play a freshman and start him on varsity from day 1( Jalen Lewis is the only one I can think of recently). But by Game 5 or 6 he’ll be starting and I’d say right now he’s got more upside than any player that has ever attended Riordan.

I dont think he’ll start day 1 because coaches rarely play a freshman and start him on varsity from day 1( Jalen Lewis is the only one I can think of recently). But by Game 5 or 6 he’ll be starting and I’d say right now he’s got more upside than any player that has ever attended Riordan.

Dwayne Fontana, Kevin Restani, Dorian Manigo, Terrence Mullins, Eric Newman, Marquise Katley, Ray Kelly, do you realize the names that have went thru Riordan over the years. So let’s be real here. Your literally saying Riordan just got their best player ever. That is hard for someone like my self to comprehend who has watched WCAL basketball for a very long time. And not taking away from the kid at all. But Kyree Walker was by far one of the best freshman I ever seen play. He was recognized as the best frosh in the nation, he dropped down to a three star. Making it big involves more than just what takes place on the court. I mentioned Riordan legends above. The kid still has to make his mark. Truly sad people put such pressure on him and pump him up and he has yet to attend class.

I wish nothing but good luck and success to this young man and Riordan but REALLY ?!?! ..... any Crusader ever ?!?! Maybe at "The Hall " but not Phelan Ave. SMH !

Dwayne Fontana, Kevin Restani, Dorian Manigo, Terrence Mullins, Eric Newman, Marquise Katley, Ray Kelly, do you realize the names that have went thru Riordan over the years. So let’s be real here. Your literally saying Riordan just got their best player ever. That is hard for someone like my self to comprehend who has watched WCAL basketball for a very long time. And not taking away from the kid at all. But Kyree Walker was by far one of the best freshman I ever seen play. He was recognized as the best frosh in the nation, he dropped down to a three star. Making it big involves more than just what takes place on the court. I mentioned Riordan legends above. The kid still has to make his mark. Truly sad people put such pressure on him and pump him up and he has yet to attend class.

you have to think about the source who said this lol ayalar09 says something ridiculous everyday

Reactions: Crusaders70
Please. U DONT no anything about basketball history in San Francisco or Riordan. Pump the breaks this is not Stuart Hall...What does upside mean?

U ARE one of these guys that look at rankings. THEY typically don't mean a thing. Especially when it comes to norcal players...the young fellow is talented for an 8th grader. BUT hold on. Let the process play out...Btw the best eighth grader to come into Riordan was probably T Mullins or Brett Crawford 6 foot 7 wing [who led the country in scoring in college]. IF he is half as good as those 2, he will be a Good Crusader...And T Mullins played JVs his frosh year and got moved up.

The last freshmen to play varsity and start was Jelani Clark and that Varsity team was terrible. NOT good.

Please. U DONT no anything about basketball history in San Francisco or Riordan. Pump the breaks this is not Stuart Hall...What does upside mean?

U ARE one of these guys that look at rankings. THEY typically don't mean a thing. Especially when it comes to norcal players...the young fellow is talented for an 8th grader. BUT hold on. Let the process play out...Btw the best eighth grader to come into Riordan was probably T Mullins or Brett Crawford 6 foot 7 wing [who led the country in scoring in college]. IF he is half as good as those 2, he will be a Good Crusader...And T Mullins played JVs his frosh year and got moved up.

The last freshmen to play varsity and start was Jelani Clark and that Varsity team was terrible. NOT good.
I forgot about Brett Crawford. Dwayne Fontana also played JV as a frosh. He only ended up the nor cal player of the year and led the PAC 10 in rebounding his senior year.

Reactions: BadBucks

I would add Jaha Wilson to that best eighth grader list.

Reactions: BadBucks
I don’t see any Riordan supporter pumping up this kid and touting this kid the GOAT who played on Frida Khalo Way. The only one who has is Ayalar who is from Stuart Hall.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT