ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Sensley chooses Riordan

I prefer John Jaha, the hard hitting outfielder that made the American League All Star team in 1999 and won AL Comeback Player of the Year.

Dwayne Fontana played Freshmen ball in 1987. His team featured 2 other Division 1 players, James French and Dorian Manigo. Until this season last undefeated Frosh team at Riordan. Believe me, I have the inside scoop!! LOL
Btw, he also played on a JV team that I believe went 25-0. I know they were undefeated for the 1987-88 season.
I forgot about Brett Crawford. Dwayne Fontana also played JV as a frosh. He only ended up the nor cal player of the year and led the PAC 10 in rebounding his senior year.

Any truth to a couple euro stud transfers coming in? A lot of freed up $$ with 3 basketball boarders graduating. Zion kid looks to have good length and tremendous amount of upside. Again - Riordan is a sleeping giant (boarding school) and coach can recruit, brother is admissions director and they apparently have money to spend, would be interesting to see where funding comes from? Diocese? Boosters? At any rate would be fun to see a national power in SF.
I love it!

HS commitments require announcements now? Almost as funny as AAU commitments being a thing ‍:rolleyes:
I agree—also, Junior College commitments. When did that start? It's safe to say that, shortly after this social media craze started.

Dwayne Fontana, Kevin Restani, Dorian Manigo, Terrence Mullins, Eric Newman, Marquise Katley, Ray Kelly, do you realize the names that have went thru Riordan over the years. So let’s be real here. Your literally saying Riordan just got their best player ever. That is hard for someone like my self to comprehend who has watched WCAL basketball for a very long time. And not taking away from the kid at all. But Kyree Walker was by far one of the best freshman I ever seen play. He was recognized as the best frosh in the nation, he dropped down to a three star. Making it big involves more than just what takes place on the court. I mentioned Riordan legends above. The kid still has to make his mark. Truly sad people put such pressure on him and pump him up and he has yet to attend class.
TOFI !! TOFI !!! TOFI !!

If you're headed to a community college is it then (as opposed to going to a D1) accurate to say you are "humbled to commit to Downthestreet JC"?

Reactions: colhenrylives
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT