ADVERTISEMENT

Speed, Agility & Quickness Camp has few spots left

Blinding top speed….. Rapid change in acceleration….Explosive lateral movement….Lighting fast response. These are the qualities that the top basketball players possess. It separates the best from the rest. But whether it is basketball, volleyball, baseball, football, soccer, tennis, rugby, or track and field: Lateral, Linear, or Vertical Movements skills make a Champion.

SAQ training is rapidly becoming one of the most important segments of successful training/conditioning for top athletes, trainers, and coaches. Previously, great demonstration of these skills was attributed to the genetic gifts the performers possessed. While it is true that some athletes are born more gifted than others, natural genetics is only part of the formula. Directed training and nurturing is the rest. SAQA is designed for the athlete who is seeking to gain that extra edge and elevate their game to the next level. Teams spend hours and hours on drills, but how much time is spent teaching athletes how to increase their speed? This is what every player and coach desires, speed! The Academy will encourage each player to strive for a higher level of conditioning while focusing on their technique for speed.

4 Training Sessions Daily
April: 8-12 or 15-19
Grades: 6th through 11th Grade
Enrollment Capacity: 40
Camper Fees: Day Camper $375 or Overnight: $550
Transportation Available To Camp

http://www.2krsports.com

Players and Coaches

Just thought I would pass on a site that has been very helpful to me and my understandings of various chronic conditions that I have run across while I was coaching and teaching. There are a lot of sites out there that are factual, but boring and long. This site has great information on these everyday chronic conditions that you might not understand and need more info on. It has helped me understand more about what kids are going through who suffer from these different conditions and in return give me a little bit more compasion and understanding for them.

I know that this really might not have the most to do with sports or football, but I have had players in the past that have had to have special needs for their conditions. A good example was having a player with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and not having a clue what it was or what it did. This site is a reference site that really does a good job of explaining these conditions.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Coach Davis

There is a drop down box on the top left of the page that you pick the condition in.

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/chronic_conditions.aspx

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/chronic_conditions.aspx

Zac Jarzynka Ironman Tournament, Oviedo, FL, 28-29 Dec 2007

Zac Jarzynka Memorial Ironman Tournament VI 28-29 Dec 2007

The Zac Jarzynka Memorial Ironman Tournament VI will take place at Oviedo , Florida on 28-29 Dec 2007. This event will be a two full days of wrestling event that features a dual team format on day one, with day two an individually bracketed format. Both days will be wrestled on 7 mats. This format allows wrestlers to get 7-10 matches against some of the best competition in the nation. Oviedo HS will feature a new gymnasium/sports complex that opens in August 2007 to host. For the past two years this tournament was ranked as one of the top tournaments in the nation by W.I.N. Magazine.

Last year’s tourney was represented by teams from VA, TN, GA, TX, LA, AL and FL. Of the teams entered we hosted 4 State Champion teams, with 10 others that finished in the top 10 of their respective state’s Championship Finals. From the teams entered last year, there were 55 State Placers, and 25 State Champions. This year’s edition already has teams confirmed or inquiring to enter from OH, PA, OK, NJ, VA, MA, DE, SC, AL, TN, GA, TX, NC and LA.

Oviedo , Florida is a suburb of Orlando , with the Disney and Universal Studios amusement parks located about 30 minutes away, with Florida beaches just 45 minutes to the east. Oviedo is a quick, easy 30 mile highway drive from the Orlando International Airport . The holiday period of this tournament offers a great place to wrestle top competition with no school days missed, while at the same time providing teams the opportunity to extend their stay to take in the great winter weather of Florida , the amusement parks, and the beaches.

You are invited to attend this year’s Zac Jarzynka VI. Entry fee is $200. If interested in attending, please contact Tournament Director/Oviedo Coach Tom Coffman via email or phone at:

jetscoop@msn.com
407-493-9229 cell

Yours in wrestling,

JD Robbins
Head Coach

Wade Schalles
Assistant Coach

www.oviedowrestling.org
www.zacjarzynka.org

Folsom girls soccer

Folsom defeated Napa 3-0 last Tues and in first league game defeated Pleasant Grove 4-0 to go to 12-0-2 for the season , allowing only 3 goals so far. Second league game is this Wed. afternoon for a rematch against St. Francis. St. Francis has not lost since Folsom defeated them in the Challenge Cup and Folsom is the only team to have scored on them.

Sierra soccer Tournament

Folsom women's soccer team defeated home and defending champion , Sierra High School 1-0 , in semi's. Played Chico High School in finals. Regulation ended 0-0. Scoreless after two 5 min. overtimes. Folsom then won the title after winning 6-5 on PK'S. Season record now stands at 10-0-2 after defeating both of last years Sac Joaquin Section Division 1 finalist , St. Francis and St. Mary's , last week.
This post was edited on 3/11 8:03 AM by 54ofmanyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 3/11 8:03 AM by 54ofmanyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 3/11 8:04 AM by 54ofmanyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Folsom womens soccer

Folsom women's team has started season 7-0-1. Defeating Cordova , Oakmont , Elk Grove , Ponderosa , Sierra , St. Francis , St. Mary's of S.F. and tying University High School of S.F. in S.F. Have outscored opposition 17 - 1 this year. will be playing in the Sierra tournament this weekend before away game in Chico and hosting Napa. Then will begin league play
This post was edited on 3/9 5:25 AM by 54ofmanyif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

S.I. senior Elise Wilson wins World Championship

Elise won the Junior Women's World Indoor Rowing Championship in Boston this morning with a time of 6:52. She finished ahead of the next closest competitor from the international field by 6 seconds.

1 Elise Wilson St. Ignatius College Prep 06:52.0
2 Kaisa Pajusalu Team Estonia 06:58.1
3 Claudia Schiwy Team Germany 07:04.1

Great job CHAMPION! We're all proud of you!
This post was edited on 2/25 12:52 PM by leberryif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

World IRC Women's Junior race

Wrestling Tournaments at North Davidson for 2007

Dear Wrestling Coaches,

Hello, my name is Danny Crotts and I hope that this post finds you all doing well and having a wonderful wrestling season. I am the head wrestling coach at North Davidson Senior High in Lexington, North Carolina. We will be hosting two tournaments in December and I am posting this to invite you to attend either/both tournaments. I am sure few are working on their schedule for 2007 already, but I just wanted to give a heads up for the following dates: Saturday December 1st, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd. I am inviting teams from the following states: North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Maryland, Ohio, Oklahoma, Kentucky, New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Kansas, Minnesota, Massachussetts, California, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Washington, Louisiana, Deleware, Mississippi and Pennsylvania.

The first tournament will be the Black Knight Duals, to be held on Saturday, December 1st, 2007. I am looking for 10 – 12 teams. This was how we did King of the Mat this past year and it went rather smoothly in my opinion. I will have 4 mats going in the main gym; we will split it up into pools and then cross pool to determine place. Morehead won this tournament in 2006. I can guarantee 5 matches per team for the day.

Teams Confirmed as of this post:
1. North Davidson
2. East Davidson
3. Fay. 71st
4. Magna Vista, VA
5. Douglas Byrd
6. St. Clair County, AL

The next tournament will be King Of The Mat to be held on Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd of 2007. I would like to get 24 teams, though I will take up to 32 teams. I have 2 gyms to use and will have 5 mats in the main gym and 3 in the auxiliary gym. I have not yet decided if I will use our Cafeteria to host matches or not, I’d like to try to keep us all as close as can be.

Seeding will be based on a 10 match minimum with State placement from the previous year and total matches to help determine winning % ties.

This will not be a double elimination tournament. I would like to place as far back as the number of teams that we have in attendance. I would like to make sure we get all get as much mat time as we can get. No one will go 0-1 or 0-2, or even 0-3. In looking at the brackets to place all the way back, I believe everyone will get at least 5 matches.

The following teams have committed (said that they would attend next year already) as of this email:

1. West Davidson
2. East Davidson
3. Ledford
4. Bandys
5. La Plata, MD
6. Bassett, VA
7. Central Davidson
8. Morehead
9. JM Robinson
10. McMichael
11. Waddell
12. Kannapolis (A.L. Brown)
13. Durham School of the Arts
14. Douglas Byrd
15. Hoke County
16. Southern Lee
17. Fay. 71st
18. Carroll County, VA
19. Asheboro
20. Henrico, VA
21. Benedictine, VA
22. Ragsdale
23. East Islip, NY
24. East Henderson
25. North Davidson
26. Atlantic, FL - Double Checking with Boosters
27. Northview, GA

I will try to find out all of the information I can on hotel arrangements by this summer to give a proper idea of what the rates for the overnight if you plan to spend the night on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday or all nights. If you wanted to come into town on Thursday, December 20th, our practice room mats are not used for matches and if necessary, you can either practice with us or you can have use of the room that night after our practice if you gave up practice time to travel. In the room are showers and a bathroom.

If you are interested in attending either tournament or would like more information on either tournament, please do not hesitate to contact me:

Danny Crotts
7227 Old US Hwy 52
Lexington, NC 27299

336-731-8431 (School Number)
336-225-0788 (My Cell Phone)
336-752-2637 (Home Number)
336-731-2642 (School Fax)

dcrotts@davidson.k12.nc.us
dannycrotts@hotmail.com

Entry fees for each tournament:

Black Knight Duals – If paid before December 1st, $105.00, and day of the tournament or after $125.00.

King of the Mat – If paid before December 21st, $115.00, and day of the tournament or after $135.00.

If you wanted to attend both tournaments:

1. If Paid before December 1st - $200.00
2. If Paid on December 1st or before December 21st - $225.00
3. If Paid on December 21st - $250.00

For both tournaments, I will take teams based on a first come first serve basis.

In closing, I’d like to wish you all the best of luck for the rest of your seasons. I hope to hear back from you all very soon. Here are the dates and number of teams for each tournament just as a reminder:

Black Knight Duals, Saturday December 1st 2007, 10-12 Teams

King of the Mat, Friday December 21st and Saturday December 22nd, 24-32 Teams

Again, Good Luck with the rest of your seasons and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Danny Crotts
Business Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach
Head Boys Track Coach
North Davidson Senior High
7227 Old US Highway 52
Lexington, NC 27295
(336)731-8431 (Phone)
(336)731-2642 (Fax)

SHC Soccer Ties Mitty

At Kezar: Mitty scored at the 3:14 mark in the first half on a corner kick play and SHC tied it at the 13:23 mark when Mitty's goalie was out of position on the play. Mitty scored later at 16:28 after a pass that many thought was offside.

In the second half, Sacred Heart Cathedral scored on a direct penalty kick.

The Irish are on a 4-game unbeaten streak that includes a tie each with SI, Valley Christian and Mitty plus a win over Riordan. SHC is 2-6-3 and 2-9-6 overall. Mitty is 5-3-3 and 9-4-7 overall.

1/20/2007.

This post was edited on 1/20 5:50 PM by Tom_SFif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

SHC Fighting Irish
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT