ADVERTISEMENT

2016-Skyline College "Sweet Sixteen"

oldblueyes

Board Regular
May 6, 2016
9am-Wilcox vs. Mills - Love this match-up-might be best game of the day!
10am-Leigh vs. Cap - Leigh too much for young Cap team to deal with.
11am-San Mateo vs. Burton - San Mateo blow-out - Burton looked like they can eat a lot of hot-dogs.
Noon - Serra vs. SH Prep - Serra outstanding work ethic / SHP pressing team that can shoot.
3pm - California vs. Burlingame - California big team can they cover BHS shooting?
4pm - HMB vs. Kings - HMB too much for rebuilding Kings
5pm-Riordan vs.- Lowell-Good game here - quick, smart players all over court!
6pm-Tamalpais vs. Menlo - Tamalpais well coached big team - Menlo coached very well! Can Menlo control tempo!

Foothill,Menlo-Atherton and Sequoia not returning this weekend because of AAU circus at Double Pump - All three teams very good would have made big run at title!

A lot of teams will be missing players for this weekend. What happened to SI they didn't make the top 16?

They should movie this tournament to the first weekend of june while AAU is on there month break like doughtery valley does on the other side of the bay you would get true full complete squads.

Tickets are $5 per day. I'll be there today and maybe tomorrow. It's a very treacherous 7 minute drive for me

Sure hope Cap is missing a large number of players because what's out on the court isn't much. Leigh up 24-8 5 minutes left first half

San Mateo beat Burton by 6. San Mateo has a little height and may be better than what they've been. I know very little about Burton and honestly didn't see much to write about.

Serra was easily beating SHP. No Jack Wilson and no Chuck Rapp. Serra was running the court VERY well. Taking very few outside shots, but making a good percentage. Diyar Yuksel not playing as he is rehabbing an injury, but is now cleared to play.

HMB will play in Championship game opponent yet to be determined. HMB being coached by Yerbie the shooting guards dad.

Colhenry, Chuck had hip surgery. Most of these teams have so many players off at AAU games that there is no way to determine what anyone has.

I also saw Cal High beat Burlingame. Without Paulie Ferrari and Cal Spurlock, Burlingame's offense was weak. Had some good outside shooting from Robert ( I forget his last name) and good defense and rebounding from a student new to the school (African-American kid named Nevin, I believe)

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Is Paulie a brother or cousin? How many Ferrari brothers are there?

Does anyone know where F and V will be playing next year?

According to friends and family of Ferrari's "New York Nick" Frankie is at USF and Vinnie is working out with SF City College - Paulie is a cousin and real good shooter and good kid! The Ferrari's are all good because they work on their game in the off season and they play to win! USF has date vs. Utah on the big island in Dec. It's been 25 years since I attended USF games but I believe in this kid so I will be supporting the Green and Gold this season and it will only cost me $100 dollars for season tickets! Go Dons

Last edited:
Paulie missed all of the 2015-2016 school sports year after Tommy John surgery. No doubt he'll be Burlingame's #1 pitcher and a certain basketball starter, likely at small forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT