2019-20 WCAL Hoops Wrap Up/2020-21 Outlook

CCS DII Quarterfinal - Tuesday Feb 25th
  • Gunn @ #3 Valley Christian @ 7pm
CCS DIII Quarterfinals - Tuesday Feb 25th
  • Jefferson @ #1 Sacred Heart Cathedral
  • Westmoor @ #2 St. Ignatius @ 7pm
CCS Open Semi-Finals-Wednesday Feb 26th @ Independence HS:
  • #3 Bellarmine vs #7 St. Francis @ 6pm
  • #1 Mitty vs #4 Menlo-Atherton @ 7:30pm.
CCS Open Consolation Round-Thursday Feb 27th
  • #8 Menlo @ #5 Serra - 5:30pm
  • #6 Sacred Heart Prep @ #2 Archbishop Riordan - 6pm
are you kidding me?! I guess St. Cecilia and St. Stephens werent available.

Reactions: OneDNA
Based on past years since 2013, it’s been one or two. So from 2013 to 2019: 2,1,2,1,2,1,1
And some years, ccs teams have not been the top 4 seeds
Yes, thats why I asked the question. Riordan is worthy of an Open berth, but will CIF take three teams?

Geez, Louise, how much shine does a league with "Kipp" involved really deserve? Please spare me.
How many State champions in last 3 years? Oh yeah, Mission with win over No. 1 seed SI in NorCal semis (but I get your overall point).

Last edited:
Good Lord i hope the Riordan players/coaches dont read this forum pure cancer to a HS team Know it all dads and multiple arm chair QB's
i am pretty sure this the last thing they are on... snap chat, instagram, twitter and facebook keep their fingers occupied.

i am pretty sure this the last thing they are on... snap chat, instagram, twitter and facebook keep their fingers occupied.

Maybe, maybe not... Over the last couple years, a few players have actually approached me with: "Hey, aren't you Kiddman32?" Not many, but a few... I was taken aback when it first happened at the Dougherty Valley summer tourney, I think two summers ago.

Oh, and it wasn't Campo players either... Though those guys all know me by now...

The two elementary papal powers are in CCS Division II. Both have home-court advantage.

St. Stephens is a power? i thought it was St. Brendan's and St. Cecilia's. The only Catholic pipelines to SI since their kids are from Town School and Marin Co.

kids arent on fb or twitter. they are on snap and tik tok. instagram they only do stories so it disappears after a day. this so the stupid stuff they do doesnt come back to bite them later.

"Palo Alto HC (won state a few years ago)
Campo last year ( dont know name)"

Neither one of those programs have won an open championship. SC would have destroyed Campo last season. Masters or no masters.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
kids arent on fb or twitter. they are on snap and tik tok. instagram they only do stories so it disappears after a day. this so the stupid stuff they do doesnt come back to bite them later.
kids are on twitter... how do you think they are annoucing top 5 schools when it comes to recruiting. how do you think they are connecting with schools and coaches? how are they connecting with their peers and idols... then how do they announce they have entered the transfer portal... i only have twitter so i def see it.

Neither one of those programs have won an open championship. SC would have destroyed Campo last season. Masters or no masters.

Know your history, Riordan never competed in Open at the time they did compete at Top Level it was just Div.1. at the TOC. Since then they have only competed in Div. III. That was before recent transfers who claim they brought Riordan back to glory days
#WeR

Know your history, Riordan never competed in Open at the time they did compete at Top Level it was just Div.1. at the TOC. Since then they have only competed in Div. III. That was before recent transfers who claim they brought Riordan back to glory days
#WeR
If I am reading your comment correctly you are saying Riordan only played at a post season tourney at a high level back in the TOC days. That is actually not true. They lost to Mater Dei in the D1 state title game in 1990.

And to add to that I would think in the late 80’s and thru the JKidd days they most likely played D1 during sectionals and Nor Cal. Back in those days teams could petition up to play in a higher division. They were forced to always play as every other team was once they enforced enrollment and made you stick to your division. And then of course we now have the open.

#WeR
so you are saying the influx of talent hasnt turned things around? you are delusional then. someone put the records up and they havent done much of anything prior to last year.

If I am reading your comment correctly you are saying Riordan only played at a post season tourney at a high level back in the TOC days. That is actually not true. They lost to Mater Dei in the D1 state title game in 1990.
Hey Steve not sure if I read this right but it's almost like you contradicted yourself.....back in the day, like 1990, D1 was the highest division. So therefore we were playing at the highest level?

Hey Steve not sure if I read this right but it's almost like you contradicted yourself.....back in the day, like 1990, D1 was the highest division. So therefore we were playing at the highest level?
Confused, I never said they didn’t play at the highest level. I was responding to the above stating TOC and since they played D3, no they played D1, and as stated above played the D1 state title game.

The pipeline used to be very transparent in City. St. Brendan/St. Cecilia, St. Stephen to S.I. Mission district North Beach, Marina to SH. Excelcior, Epiphany kids to Riordan. Now its blurred. Kids on peninsula went to Serra, now all over. Serra now has a pipeline of Pacific island kids from South City and East Palo Alto for football.

Confused, I never said they didn’t play at the highest level. I was responding to the above stating TOC and since they played D3, no they played D1, and as stated above played the D1 state title game.
Oh ok my bad.....I misunderstood.

I get what you mean. But Palo Alto beat Mater Dei so that counts. I consider anything above D3 as legit. Obviously Open is creme de la creme.

Actually, there are many WCAL players (Monroe, Clark, Burris, just to name a few) on Twitter, only cause Ethan Kassel has tagged them in and Ive had to remove when replying....

Lets talk some hoops:

John's a nice guy and one of his bucket list goals is to beat a WCAL team in the CCS. Goal remains deep in the bucket, SH wins going away.
SI beats Herbie Herb and the gang green Rams, setting up another matchup with their bitter rival the Fighting Leprechauns.

Make-A-Wish Foundation only grants 1 wish per year and St Francis got theirs granted last week. Denker and the Bells shut down team brown and look to grab a CCS title later this week.
  • #1 Mitty vs #4 Menlo-Atherton @ 7:30pm
Damn Id be biased to picked coach Mo and Da Bears Wed, but Mitty is too deep and too many things have to go right for MA and wrong for Mitty. Take solace though in the words of wisdom from an unnamed locker room board last Fri, who's 2nd half adjustments vs a Zone were:
Play:
1. Harder
2. Smarter
Mo, if you do it should keep you within the 19.5 point spread.

Please dont charge CCS priced admission to this scrimmage
See above and T-Mart will really do Riordan a favor if he comes out in the old school PPSL 2-1-2 Zone defense. LOL God forbid if Riordan loses this game. May need to just push people off the ledge, just to end their misery. And I aint talking about the fans.

Who y'all like???

Reactions: WM483
Lets talk some hoops:

John's a nice guy and one of his bucket list goals is to beat a WCAL team in the CCS. Goal remains deep in the bucket, SH wins going away.
SI beats Herbie Herb and the gang green Rams, setting up another matchup with their bitter rival the Fighting Leprechauns.

Make-A-Wish Foundation only grants 1 wish per year and St Francis got theirs granted last week. Denker and the Bells shut down team brown and look to grab a CCS title later this week.
  • #1 Mitty vs #4 Menlo-Atherton @ 7:30pm
Damn Id be biased to picked coach Mo and Da Bears Wed, but Mitty is too deep and too many things have to go right for MA and wrong for Mitty. Take solace though in the words of wisdom from an unnamed locker room board last Fri, who's 2nd half adjustments vs a Zone were:
Play:
1. Harder
2. Smarter
Mo, if you do it should keep you within the 19.5 point spread.

Please dont charge CCS priced admission to this scrimmage
See above and T-Mart will really do Riordan a favor if he comes out in the old school PPSL 2-1-2 Zone defense. LOL God forbid if Riordan loses this game. May need to just push people off the ledge, just to end their misery. And I aint talking about the fans.

Who y'all like???

SHC and SI win in D3

Mitty and Bellarmine meet in CCS Open Final. Would it be the third time in the finals?

Consolation games are hard to peg but I’ll go with Menlo and Riordan.

My question for coaches on here: would you rather play a consolation game or have the long layoff like NCS?

Reactions: ayalar09
SHC and SI win in D3

Mitty and Bellarmine meet in CCS Open Final. Would it be the third time in the finals?

Consolation games are hard to peg but I’ll go with Menlo and Riordan.

My question for coaches on here: would you rather play a consolation game or have the long layoff like NCS?

Or long travel...

Back in day Riordan-st Michaels, st emydius, epiphany, st finn bar, st johns, All hallows, shipwreck, .

St ignatius-St cecilia, st annes, st Stephen, St. VINCENT depaul, Sacred Heart/st. Dominic. ST THOMAS more. Town School.

SH-Salesian boys club, Notre Dame, St. Pauls, St Phillips, St Charles, St Roberts in San Bruno,
MISSION Dolores.

The pipeline used to be very transparent in City. St. Brendan/St. Cecilia, St. Stephen to S.I. Mission district North Beach, Marina to SH. Excelcior, Epiphany kids to Riordan. Now its blurred. Kids on peninsula went to Serra, now all over. Serra now has a pipeline of Pacific island kids from South City and East Palo Alto for football.

Back in day Riordan-st Michaels, st emydius, epiphany, st finn bar, st johns, All hallows, shipwreck, .

St ignatius-St cecilia, st annes, st Stephen, St. VINCENT depaul, Sacred Heart/st. Dominic. ST THOMAS more. Town School.

SH-Salesian boys club, Notre Dame, St. Pauls, St Phillips, St Charles, St Roberts in San Bruno,
MISSION Dolores.
youre spot on.

Some other schools:
SI: Notre Dame de Victoire(NDV), St. Brendan’s, Stuart Hall, OLM-Daly City

SH: St. Vincent de Paul, Star of the Sea, MHR, St Paul’s, St Thomas Apostle

Riordan: st. Agnes, St Paulus, West Portal, Corpus Cristi, St. James, St. Peter’s, St. Paul’s, OLPH- Daly City, Good Shepherd Pacifica, St Thoms Apostle

Some other schools:
SI: Notre Dame de Victoire(NDV), St. Brendan’s, Stuart Hall, OLM-Daly City

SH: St. Vincent de Paul, Star of the Sea, MHR, St Paul’s, St Thomas Apostle

Riordan: st. Agnes, St Paulus, West Portal, Corpus Cristi, St. James, St. Peter’s, St. Paul’s, OLPH- Daly City, Good Shepherd Pacifica, St Thoms Apostle
Man did you say MHR. I went there in kindergarten and then it shut down, next stop St Phillips.

Reactions: jordan24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT