ADVERTISEMENT

Week 11 Previews: Acalanes (5-3) at Las Lomas (8-0)

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Fresh off a 45-42 win over Campolindo, Las Lomas will look to keep its undefeated season going in hosting Acalanes.

The Knights are a young squad with key contributors like sophomore quarterback Dylan Thomas, junior WR/DB Roman Mercado, junior WR/DB Landon Gilmore and sophomore defensive lineman Chase Martin.

Acalanes quarterback Sully Bailey has thrown for 1,927 yards and 23 touchdowns. He also has just one interception during the past five games. Star receiver Trevor Rogers has 49 catches for 805 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Four of Las Lomas’ eight wins have come by one possession. Acalanes has won five in a row since starting 0-3 against San Marin, San Ramon Valley and Amador Valley (two of those three were one possession losses).

Fresh off a 45-42 win over Campolindo, Las Lomas will look to keep its undefeated season going in hosting Acalanes.

The Knights are a young squad with key contributors like sophomore quarterback Dylan Thomas, junior WR/DB Roman Mercado, junior WR/DB Landon Gilmore and sophomore defensive lineman Chase Martin.

Acalanes quarterback Sully Bailey has thrown for 1,927 yards and 23 touchdowns. He also has just one interception during the past five games. Star receiver Trevor Rogers has 49 catches for 805 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Four of Las Lomas’ eight wins have come by one possession. Acalanes has won five in a row since starting 0-3 against San Marin, San Ramon Valley and Amador Valley (two of those three were one possession losses).
Really interested to see how this one plays out!…. Las Lomas is having a heck of a year!…. I have seen them in person and physically they are not impressive but they do execute very well, with all their young talent they will be a real force the next couple of years….

Acalanes was very impressive in person, they are Huge and Rodgers looks like a Man out there…. Physically this game will look like a mismatch, but I am not counting out Las Lomas after their great win over Campo last week….

I would think the biggest hurdle for Las Lomas would be a letdown after that big, emotional win over Campo last week…. Will they have enough left in the tank?… They will certainly have Acalanes attention, should be a great game!!….

The Merc has a subscriber's article of three sports writers' predictions. Due to the paywall, let me summarize their prediction combined vote for this game as well: Acalanes 3-0.

I agree as well, but I learned something about undefeated teams - it is hard to know what their upper limit is for winning potential. That said, Campo gave the best glimpse to Las Lomas' upper end.

Last edited:
I'm going to pick Acalanes in this one. They played three really good teams to start the year and played San Marin and Amador Valley to one score. And their SRV score is one of the better ones against the Wolves this year (outside of the DLS loss)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT