ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Scores Thread

Good win by Casa Grande on Saturday over CN 3-2. Those Gauchos are coming on strong.
Next test for Newman will be against Elk Grove because I don't see them losing in league this year.

April 22 Scores

SFL

Del Oro beat Oak Ridge 6-4
Granite Bay beat Folsom 4-2
Whitney beat Rocklin 8-3

Delta

Franklin beat Cosumnes Oaks 16-0
Davis beat Pleasant Grove 5-4
Jesuit beat Sheldon 15-3

April 22 Scores

SFL

Whitney beat Rocklin 8-3

Delta

Jesuit beat Sheldon 15-3
Interesting note is Del Oro is 3-1 in series openers with Ben Brown starting (loss came to Granite Bay. Wins over Folsom, Rocklin, Oak Ridge). Del Oro is 1-5 in the other league games.

Interesting note is Del Oro is 3-1 in series openers with Ben Brown starting (loss came to Granite Bay. Wins over Folsom, Rocklin, Oak Ridge). Del Oro is 1-5 in the other league games.
This is why I like series format rather than playing each team once then again down the road. You have an ace and you can set them up to counter every top team, but not in a series. Series shows a much batter barometer of a team and its depth (ie. pitching).

This is why I like series format rather than playing each team once then again down the road. You have an ace and you can set them up to counter every top team, but not in a series. Series shows a much batter barometer of a team and its depth (ie. pitching).
Totally Agree on this, I like the way the SFL does it with the 3 game series…. You at least should play back to back with the home and home set up…. I don’t like the way the EBAL does it where you play some teams once and some twice…. Example, Granada only plays DLS once this year, so they missed DLS’s best pitchers….

The EBAL does have the tournament though so that does kind of even things out…..

Totally Agree on this, I like the way the SFL does it with the 3 game series…. You at least should play back to back with the home and home set up…. I don’t like the way the EBAL does it where you play some teams once and some twice…. Example, Granada only plays DLS once this year, so they missed DLS’s best pitchers….

The EBAL does have the tournament though so that does kind of even things out…..
The EBAL breaks out into 2 different divisions like they do in football, Mountain & Valley. DLS only plays the Valley teams once, but they have a 2-game back to back series with the teams in their division. Mountain teams are DLS, MV, SRV, Cal & DV. The top 3 in each division move on to the EBAL playoffs.

Reactions: THEOC89
DLS beat Monte Vista today, 8-5. They gave up 5 runs in the top of the 3rd to fall behind 5-2, but finished strong. Blair hit a 2-run blast to get 'em in front.

April 22 Scores

SFL

Whitney beat Rocklin 8-3

Delta

Jesuit beat Sheldon 15-3
April 24 Scores

SFL

Granite Bay beat Folsom 5-2
Oak Ridge beat Del Oro 6-5
Rocklin beat Whitney 7-6

Delta

Franklin beat Cosumnes Oaks 14-0
Pleasant Grove beat Davis 3-2
Jesuit beat Sheldon 10-0

DLS beat Monte Vista today, 8-5. They gave up 5 runs in the top of the 3rd to fall behind 5-2, but finished strong. Blair hit a 2-run blast to get 'em in front.
Granada beat Dublin 2-0
Foothill beat Livermore 12-1
Dougherty Valley beat California 1-0

DAL-Foothill

CP Sweeps Northgate….
CVC Holds on to win 6-5 and Sweep Campo….
Acalanes Beats Benicia 2-1 to split their series….

Huge week next week with CP vs Benicia and Acalanes vs CVC as all 3 teams are separated in the Standings by 1 game….

Elk Grove Beat DLS 3-2 on Sat….

That Drops DLS’s Record against SJS teams this year to 1-3…. With Losses to ST Mary’s, Jesuit and EG and a Win over Granite Bay….

Also interesting to note that all five of Sparty's losses were on the road.

What'd they do, have nuns sprinkle flowers or pixie dust or something to bless the home diamond? :)

• Haha
Elk Grove Beat DLS 3-2 on Sat….

That Drops DLS’s Record against SJS teams this year to 1-3…. With Losses to ST Mary’s, Jesuit and EG and a Win over Granite Bay….
It is interesting that DLS has had these losses the past two Saturdays. Still think they will be tough to beat come playoff time like they usually are.

Delta League with Elk Grove, Franklin and Jesuit have come on strong in the past month

Would love to see the number of allowable contests in NCS increased to match SJS. In NCS you only get 24 games so that in effect prevents the 3 game series possibility or even a 2 game series in EBAL with the number of teams in the league

Would love to see the number of allowable contests in NCS increased to match SJS. In NCS you only get 24 games so that in effect prevents the 3 game series possibility or even a 2 game series in EBAL with the number of teams in the league
Agreed!

It is interesting that DLS has had these losses the past two Saturdays. Still think they will be tough to beat come playoff time like they usually are.

Delta League with Elk Grove, Franklin and Jesuit have come on strong in the past month
Forsure!…. Their Lineup is too stacked, they will be a Brutal Matchup for anyone in the playoffs…. And it’s not like they are getting Blown out….

They had the tying run at the plate in the top of 7 with one out against Jesuit and the Bases loaded with one out against EG top of 7….

Saturday games are weird for High School, they almost always feel like Scrimmage’s…. And I think the fact that it’s DLS that the other teams are playing, they might be a little more up for it then the Spartans….

Totally!…. The other thing the NCS teams miss out on are the HS Tournaments…. They can’t play more then 1 and So Cal teams play at least 2….

I do really like the 3 game series and wish all teams could do that….

April 29 Scores

Oak Ridge beat Folsom 2-0
Whitney beat Del Oro 10-0
Granite Bay beat Rocklin 2-0
Elk Grove and Davis tied at 2
Franklin beat Pleasant Grove 8-4
Sheldon beat Cosumnes Oaks 6-3
St. Mary's beat Lincoln 2-1

Newman wrapped up the NBL Champ with a 2-0 win over Ukiah at Oracle Park.
They should be one of the favorites as NCS rolls around.
Also at Oracle yesterday, Freedom shut down CVC 5-0.

Benicia topped CP today 4-2. They are now tied for 1st place. Thursday’s rematch at CP will be a big one.

DLS rolled, 6-0 over Dougherty Valley. Blair with a 2-run homer in the 1st. Could have been a lot worse, but Sparty left the sacks full in the 1st and 2nd innings.

Also at Oracle yesterday, Freedom shut down CVC 5-0.

Benicia topped CP today 4-2. They are now tied for 1st place. Thursday’s rematch at CP will be a big one.
Rough Game for CP, Benicia’s Pitching was fantastic!…. Both Teams had 3 Errors but CP’s Directly lead to 3 runs…. Great game between 2 terrific teams!….

Acalanes knocks off CVC today 4-1…. Thursday will be huge in determining the league title…. CP and CVC need wins, otherwise they are out of it….

Reactions: observer22
April 30 WCAL Scores

St. Ignatius beat Valley Christian 4-0
Bellarmine beat Riordan 1-0
Serra beat Mitty 6-0
St. Francis beat Sacred Heart Cathedral 9-3

Rough Game for CP, Benicia’s Pitching was fantastic!…. Both Teams had 3 Errors but CP’s Directly lead to 3 runs…. Great game between 2 terrific teams!….

Acalanes knocks off CVC today 4-1…. Thursday will be huge in determining the league title…. CP and CVC need wins, otherwise they are out of it….
OC, I’m planning on going to the game tomorrow at CP. I’ll come over and say hello. How will I recognize you?

April 30 WCAL Scores

St. Ignatius beat Valley Christian 4-0
Bellarmine beat Riordan 1-0
Serra beat Mitty 6-0
St. Francis beat Sacred Heart Cathedral 9-3
Wow!…. The SI upset of VC is huge!…. Down to the final game for the league title!…. If Both VC and Serra win, it will be a tie!….

OC, I’m planning on going to the game tomorrow at CP. I’ll come over and say hello. How will I recognize you?
Nice!!!…. I will be in a light Blue Jacket, or if it’s hot a Grey Polo with my work emblem on it…. I won’t be there until about 5pm or so due to work!…. The Bummer of HS Baseball games starting at 4pm when you have to work until 5 pm…. 🤣

April 29 Scores

Oak Ridge beat Folsom 2-0
Whitney beat Del Oro 10-0
Granite Bay beat Rocklin 2-0
Elk Grove and Davis tied at 2
Franklin beat Pleasant Grove 8-4
Sheldon beat Cosumnes Oaks 6-3
St. Mary's beat Lincoln 2-1
Franklin beat Pleasant Grove 10-0
Elk Grove beat Davis 5-1
Cosumnes Oaks beat Sheldon 6-3
Folsom beat Oak Ridge 10-7
Del Oro beat Whitney 6-5 (Whitney won the first two games)
Rocklin beat Granite Bay 5-2 (Rocklin wins SFL title with a win today)
St. Mary's beat Lincoln 4-1

Elk Grove and Davis later finished their Mlonday game and Davis won 3-2 in 13 innings

Vista del Lago clinched the outright CAL title with a 5-4 win over Christian Brothers. They are 22-4-1 on the year.

Homestead beat Los Altos 3-2 to make a two-way tie with Los Gatos. Nate Enders pitched five innings for the win.

Los Gatos and Los Altos will play a two game set next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT