ADVERTISEMENT

2nd best league in Sacramento?

s2h17

Superstar
Nov 13, 2017
We all know SFL has the elite and the title of best league in Sac. But, who is the next best league?

Delta-
Consumnes Oaks
Davis
Elk Grove
Franklin
Jesuit
Pleasant Grove
Sheldon

CVC-
Antelope
Bella Vista
Inderkum
River Valley
Roseville
Woodcreek
Yuba City

CAL-
Capital Christian
Christian Brothers
Del Campo
El Camino
Rio Americano
Sacramento
Vista Del Lago

We all know SFL has the elite and the title of best league in Sac. But, who is the next best league?

Delta-
Consumnes Oaks
Davis
Elk Grove
Franklin
Jesuit
Pleasant Grove
Sheldon

CVC-
Antelope
Bella Vista
Inderkum
River Valley
Roseville
Woodcreek
Yuba City

CAL-
Capital Christian
Christian Brothers
Del Campo
El Camino
Rio Americano
Sacramento
Vista Del Lago
CVC looks pretty tough with Antelope,Indy,River Valley and Yuba City.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
At the beginning of the year I would have said the CAL, but outside of Cap Christian all the other teams seem to be down from last year. CVC looks to be pretty tough. Antelope, Indy and River Valley have some good wins. Delta teams also seem a little down, but it should be pretty competitive within the league.

Sacramento is so unique. Most major metro areas are dominated by privates. Sacramento is one of the few metro areas that is completely dominated by public schools. It's crazy to think about!

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Sheldon
Monterrey Trail
Elk Grove
Jesuit
Inderkum
Antelope
River Valley
Yuba City
Del Campo

Logistic play a big role, which eliminates Elk grove schools playing Yuba schools. But instead of RV and YC, Del Campo would make a comparable league.

Reactions: Kickingtee18
It is the Delta or CVC or me. I lean toward the Delta still, but they have had a rough preseason. If they would have been kept there, Monterey Trail would have won the Delta IMO

It is the Delta or CVC or me. I lean toward the Delta still, but they have had a rough preseason. If they would have been kept there, Monterey Trail would have won the Delta IMO
I initially thought Delta, based on the last 5 years or so, but it could easily be CVC this year.

Sacramento is so unique. Most major metro areas are dominated by privates. Sacramento is one of the few metro areas that is completely dominated by public schools. It's crazy to think about!

Well it really depends on the specifics you are discussing here. Clearly, Sacramento doesn’t have a dominant private school when it comes to football. Overall, in considering ALL SPORTS, Jesuit/St Francis do dominate. You’d be hard pressed to find a sport on campus that they aren’t among the top teams in the area. Jesuit/St. Francis (boys/girls) have combined for 212 section championships. Davis High School is the public with the most titles (144).

https://d2o2figo6ddd0g.cloudfront.net/l/0/5igdn38xrfldth/championsbyschool.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT