9:30 AM California vs. Valley Christian San Jose
11:00 AM Bradshaw Christian vs. Eastside Prep
12:30 PM Heritage vs. Clovis North
2:00 PM Clovis West vs. McClatchy
3:30 PM Christian Brothers vs. Mitty
5:00 PM Sacred Heart Cathedral vs. St. Joseph
6:30 PM Presentation vs. Miramonte
8:00 PM Bear Creek vs. Carondelet

Man, the season will be here soon!!! Getting excited to see some great games this year. Great job Coach Hip in getting this excellent group of teams in this Elite Showcase! I see some very good and interesting matchups in here:
McClatchy vs Clovis West
SHC vs SJND
Bear Creek vs Carondelet
These will be nice early tests-many have these 5 teams predicted in the Top 10 in Norcal.

Reactions: TigerStancil
I'm looking forward to seeing how junior Bria Shine of Christian Bros. matches up against Haley Jones of Mitty, the No.1 ranked player for the Class of 2019 per ESPN. Both are listed at 6-1. It will be a great measuring stick for Shine (2020) who could rocket up the recruiting charts.

The 6th Annual Elite Showcase begins this Friday and Saturday at Chabot College in Hayward.

Friday, December 7th

4:00PM Clovis North vs. California
5:30PM St. Mary's (Stockton) vs. Eastside College Prep
7:00PM Bradshaw Christian vs. Clovis West
8:30PM Marin Catholic vs. St. Francis (Mountain View)

Saturday, December 8th

9:30AM California vs. Valley Christian (San Jose)
11:00AM Eastside College Prep vs. Bradshaw Christian
12:30PM Heritage vs. Clovis North
2:00PM Clovis West vs. McClatchy
3:30PM Christian Brothers vs. Archbishop Mitty
5:00PM Sacred Heart Cathedral vs. St. Joseph Notre Dame
6:30PM Presentation vs. Miramonte
8:00PM Bear Creek vs. Carondelet

REMINDER ALERT!

ALL GAMES AT CHABOT COLLEGE IN HAYWARD!!

I guess this started tonight. Any scoring updates? Tomorrow looks to be packed with a few really good games. Hats off to coach Hip and/ or those responsible for pulling it all together.

I guess this started tonight. Any scoring updates? Tomorrow looks to be packed with a few really good games. Hats off to coach Hip and/ or those responsible for pulling it all together.
Clovis north over cal 58 to 55.
SMS over east side prep 61 to 56

It says bear creek is playing versus Antelope right now? Is that correct? I thought they played tonight

It says bear creek is playing versus Antelope right now? Is that correct? I thought they played tonight

Where dId you see that listed? I thought Carondelet vs Bear Creek was tonight at 8pm? Also I know DB is a good coach but the SMS and ESCP score seems closer than many may have expected. This really may turn into an up for grabs season. Any early scoring updates or online streaming available?

Last edited:
Where dId you see that listed? I thought Carondelet vs Bear Creek was tonight at 8pm? Also SMS and ESCP score seems closer than many may have expected. This really may turn into an up for grabs season. Any early scoring updates or online streaming available?
I just saw on max preps they were playing in the rocklin tournament championship at 1:30 but I thought they played C let tonight. Any clarification?

Per MaxPreps, Cal High outscored Valley Christian 20-13 in the 4th quarter to win 62-60. Sounds like it was a battle.

I just saw on max preps they were playing in the rocklin tournament championship at 1:30 but I thought they played C let tonight. Any clarification?

I think they may be boldly doing both. Hey they are young and athletic enough to not be too exhausted.

Last edited:
I think they are boldly doing both. As they are young and athletic enough to not be too exhausted.
I have never seen that before. That is incredible. Didn't even know that was legal

Where dId you see that listed? I thought Carondelet vs Bear Creek was tonight at 8pm? Also I know DB is a good coach but the SMS and ESCP score seems closer than many may have expected. This really may turn into an up for grabs season. Any early scoring updates or online streaming available?
SMS is playing with one starter right now due to injuries. Started 3 frosh and one jv player

Reactions: Paytc
31 to 19 C let over BC at half. C lets size is overwhelming BC.

Clovis West 37-36 over McClatchy. Kayla Fermil may have tipped the scales in McClatchy favor. Great game.

Carondelet shook off the rust they displayed in the James Logan first game performance. And it was not only size but depth of talent that separates Carondelet from Bear Creek. Mya Blake was still a baller in the loss. Sets up a good early season battle coming up with Salesian.

Last edited:
Carondelet shook off the rust they displayed in the James Logan first game performance. And it was not only size but depth of talent that separates Carondelet from Bear Creek. Mya Blake was still a baller in the loss. Sets up a good early season battle coming up with Salesian.
This is Carondelete's year. They are really really good. Great perimeter shooting, their Bigs can move well defensively and their guards can handle pressure. They could make a deep run. However, they are in some serious trouble next year

What was the final score? Carondelet pulled away in the second quarter, and I left then.

55 to 36. Bear Creek was completely gassed. I'd like to see a rematch of both teams at full strength. It was great hoops.

This is Carondelete's year. They are really really good. Great perimeter shooting, their Bigs can move well defensively and their guards can handle pressure. They could make a deep run. However, they are in some serious trouble next year

They looked good ! But remember this is not a sprint it's a marathon. They must keep improving to become a better team by March than they are in Nov/ Dec. They also must be able to weather a tough schedule and more formidable match ups than Bear Creek is built to give them. Based on early season injuries to several teams and the size, experience, coaching, and depth of Carondelet, I think.... if they can stay healthy, their chances are as good as anyone else's this season. The Salesian matchup should be a good measure of where the two teams are early in the season. I do think odds favor Carondelet will make it past the first round of the playoffs after the NCS Tournament round. Something they never did under the prior coach. But it is still something they have to do. Because until then, it's just speculation. I'm sure every team that makes it into the final 8 will be hungry and worthy of being there.

Last edited:
SMS is playing with one starter right now due to injuries. Started 3 frosh and one jv player

Passionatedad,

That explains a lot. Because there isn't a team out there who would be the same team playing with only 1 of their projected starters, 3 freshman, and a JV player. That includes Mitty, if they only had Haley Jones, 3 freshman, and a JV player. Injuries suck !

I've heard a couple other teams also has them. As with every team, hopefully SMS gets a healthy lineup soon and finishes the season healthy.

Passionatedad,

That explains a lot. Because there isn't a team out there who would be the same team playing with only 1 of their projected starters, 3 freshman, and a JV player. That includes Mitty, if they only had Haley Jones, 3 freshman, and a JV player. Injuries suck !

I've heard a couple other teams also has them. As with every team, hopefully SMS gets a healthy lineup soon and finishes the season healthy.

I listened to a Stockton Record interview with Tom G last week and he even before Moss's injury did not project his team to be ready to compete before mid January. I think we can see that evidenced by their being dropped down to the Gold division in the WCJ.

A lot of California teams have been hurt, especially those that are attempting to incorporate new players ( like SMS) by the no practice conditions of the recent fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT