ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Updates

Colfax has 581 students. Would have pounded the other small schools in D4 and D5. And how do you think Pinewood would have done in D5?

50-43, might be getting away from Colfax here. Now 52-43, and a turnover…. 1:33 left, it’s all over now.

I would say that if u take an average team and keeping dropping down level after level after level eventually u will get to a level that team can win at. If Grossman has 2000 kids then shame on the CIF for putting them in D4 and robbing a small school the chance of having that experience.

I'll say it again there needs to be a floor for how far the cif can drop a team.

***this post can also apply to the 1579 enrollment Oakland girls in D5
While I actually get what you're saying and completely agree...I would say that in Division 3-5 CE is doing it's job. It's allowing less competitive (athletically) teams have a shot at wining a state championship. Enrollment has NOTHING to do with Norcals. It's 100% based on ranks. And no matter if Grossmont had 2200 kids and Saint Bernards had 250, they were about the same level as other D5 schools in the state. How I figure that? SB got knocked out of the d5 semifinals and earned a D4 top seed and I think Arcata got a 2 or 4 after losing in the D4 semifinals of NCS. There is no way in the world they could actually compete in a pure d4 or d5 bracket. So, they offer CE brackets where the top 3 brackets are stacked and the bottom is not quite the poor sisters, but close cousins. The ONLY people who are immune to this have been schools from the OAL, especially on the girls side.

Didn’t even notice the delay. No overtimes or anything, no idea what happened.

The previous game started a few minutes late, and my last post on that game was maybe about 7:55.

I certainly hope Mitty wins the game tonight but we all know that it doesn't really matter...

Some committee made of a bunch of nameless, faceless, unknown people will still "award " them the title.

The power of Sue Phillips and Mitty...

10-6 Etiwanda at the first break…

Aliyhana Morris and Kennedy Smith are proving to be a real problem.

Well…. and the rest of Etiwanda.

14-6 Etiwanda now…. Not going well for the Monarchs at the moment. 1:58 left in the 1st.

Next year she goes to USC correct. Stanford is in trouble….but will they even play each other… already missing the Pac12
Yep. That former commissioners ego destroyed the PAC. Not to go off topic but we heard he could have changed that horrible TV deal mid contract but his ego wouldn't allow it. RIP PAC-12

Reactions: bella123
I certainly hope Mitty wins the game tonight but we all know that it doesn't really matter...

Some committee made of a bunch of nameless, faceless, unknown people will still "award " them the title.

The power of Sue Phillips and Mitty...
I know! I heard with the elections coming up, Putin wouldn’t even let her into Russia in the coming weeks. She wields that much power.

This 2nd half is gonna be interesting. Let's see how these two top tier coaches adjust.

I thought Mitty was some kind of national power ? They look anything but impressive, how did they go undefeated

42-22 at the tv break…

Mitty is finally getting a couple things done, but this hole is WAY too deep.

I thought Mitty was some kind of national power ? They look anything but impressive, how did they go undefeated
Stan is really good coach as I said last year but most people don’t listen to me as they have already drank the Kool-Aid

50-27…. Mitty is 0/11 from the arc and at 23.9% overall.

Etiwanda is 6/17 from the arc, 48.8% overall.

Mitty hasn't seen anything like Etiwanda. Unfortunately as great as LuHi is they are like the Spiderman meme to Mitty. Since section playoffs Etiwanda's defense has been top tier. Unless the 4th quarter holds a miracle I don't see much changing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT