ADVERTISEMENT

7 WCAL teams in CCS Open

I like the way CCS sets up their Open. Teams vie for it instead of shy away from it because of the automatic NorCal bid.

Publics have really struggled in the format so now they go heavy WCAL

Reactions: Renard Monroe
I bet no other League in the state of California can claim 7 teams in State playoffs. Not sure we will ever see this again but kinda a crazy scenario.

I think the CCS and NCS should merge. Thats my opinion and i'm sticking too it unless, someone can convince me otherwise.

Why? I think the best in NCS vs best in CCS in norcals makes it an exciting atmosphere. I would hate to see great competitive teams get knocked out early.

I like the way CCS sets up their Open. Teams vie for it instead of shy away from it because of the automatic NorCal bid.

Publics have really struggled in the format so now they go heavy WCAL
It's punishing success. All it does is eliminate teams that would otherwise have a good chance at winning a CCS title in their respective division.

Last edited:
I see it this way:

Yes it diminishes a school's chances to win a section title, but it increases a team's chance to play in NorCals. For a WCAL school, I would take the NorCal berth

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
I think they got rid of the playoffs because the CCS Open is basically the WCAL playoffs with an addition or two.

The matchups get repetitive, but this format produces better matchups than we used to see in the CCS playoffs, which were a lot of uninteresting games before a WCAL final

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT