ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Gordon - NBA CHAMP!

Gordon and Kidd have been the only two guys I have ever seen in NorCal where you watch them as frosh and can clearly see they are nba players. He was a dominant defender in high school and he has become one in the pros.
100%. Kidd I was like this dude is starting now.
I saw Gooden play at El Cerrito and it wasn’t as obvious but you could see the talent. Played against Barry brothers and talent and genetics but they had a long way to go. Gordon really opened up a lot of eyes in these Playoffs (around league)

100%. Kidd I was like this dude is starting now.
I saw Gooden play at El Cerrito and it wasn’t as obvious but you could see the talent. Played against Barry brothers and talent and genetics but they had a long way to go. Gordon really opened up a lot of eyes in these Playoffs (around league)
4 years of accepting being coached by a GREAT coach prepared him to succeed at the highest level. Props to his parents for not packing up and transferring and trusting the process. To many parents pull kids and allow their children to run from being coached on how to be team players. 👏Gordon Family!

Great to root for local HS stars who make most of their skills as is case with Gordon and "hardhat" metality to improve skills yearly... (should have at least 1 NBA slam dunk award)

As noted by LL, elite defender... being assigned the top 0 player each series during the playoff run..... his size, quickness and jumping abilities, able to play bully ball on smalls with all the switches that occur each possession in NBA.
Great article after the win, on his work ethic:

Last edited:
Way more exciting to root for your local kid who played at a real high school locally then packing up and playing Mercenary Ball at Sunrise Sunset Technical Preparatory Achievement Charter Oaks Institute Prep in Smithsville, New Hampshire.

2023 Finals stat line: 36 mpg, 14 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3 apg, 3 total TO in the 5 games.
add assigned to Jimmy Butler on D. Only flaw in his Final's stat line? 47% from FT.
Never the best FT shooter (even in HS) but a good goal for 2023 summer... get north of 75% for 2023/24 season.

Reactions: larry legend33
well, what public school was he supposed to go to? didnt he bail on all his friends from middle school?
also, gordon surely couldnt stop anyone in the playoffs last year. he was barbeque chicken versus the warriors

well, what public school was he supposed to go to? didnt he bail on all his friends from middle school?
also, gordon surely couldnt stop anyone in the playoffs last year. he was barbeque chicken versus the warriors
I believe it would have been Leigh.

I think what made Aaron memorable around here is how he played (one of the highest motors I've seen from the elite level guys), the winning (3 NorCal titles, two state titles, first NorCal Open winner) and the idea that he was going to wow everytime he played (just look at the mixtapes).

Now in the NBA, it has been great to see how his game has transformed into a good wing/forward defender, complimentary scorer and good offensive team player. A lot of times, success comes from being in the right situation.

I would say playing at the local Catholic school 10 minutes from your house versus getting on a plane and flying to your school pretty local to me

If I may: Gordon (and everyone else on the Denver roster) benefits greatly (on offense) by the selfless presence of Jokic, a point center for the ages. He makes everyone better. A gritty role player , Gordon is taking fully advantage of the savvy Serbian's vision and passing skills. Very wise.

I would say playing at the local Catholic school 10 minutes from your house versus getting on a plane and flying to your school pretty local to me
but still, left the local kids for a private school which is the same thing other then location. i mean they had a fella travel from san francisco to play there.

speaking of this "supposed to go to a public school" stuff... (slightly off subject here, but related)

I remember once when I was at a DLS hoop game against a public school and happened to talk to a coach of said public school, who was complaining about how many DLS players were from his district and "should have been going" to that public school, complaining that DLS had "recruited" these players "away from him".

I had seen a list of the DLS players and their previous schools. True, many were in that school's area... but they were all Catholic schools. If anyone "recruited" them, that had been done years before anything like that could have been done by DLS.

Okay, back to your squabbling... :)

• Haha
Reactions: bella123
Nah if you live in the same house as always and can see your local friends everyday within 5-10 minutes you literally didn’t leave
some people are lucky... some dont have the means to live in one house their whole lives. i wish i knew that feeling as a kid.

some people are lucky... some dont have the means to live in one house their whole lives. i wish i knew that feeling as a kid.
Tell me about it, my family had to send me to a 3rd world country to live with family for 7th and 8th grade in the middle of cartel country because we was broke af……the worst school in America has better facilities then my school

Tell me about it, my family had to send me to a 3rd world country to live with family for 7th and 8th grade in the middle of cartel country because we was broke af……the worst school in America has better facilities then my school
glad you made it

Reactions: concrete17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT