ADVERTISEMENT

All Bay Area QB Leaves UW

All Bay Area in 2016, RS Soph QB Jake Haener was beat out by Jr. Jacob Eason for the Huskies. Leaves the program next day.

http://www.dailyuw.com/sports/article_301b4a44-c6b0-11e9-a20c-2b5ccf78d358.html

Tough lesson in the recruiting polka. The top stage is actually the point of a pyramid. Easy to get knocked off by various factors such as an injury, coaching changes or the next hottest athlete which comes along every season.

Like the old sailor in the brothel experience:
"Oh baby you ARE the best......
NEXXXXT......!!

Hope Jake lands in a good place. Tough break with the start of the new school year.

Honestly his mom big alumni at UW and Bay Area TV news beauty Julie Haener. I thought UW was a huge stretch for him coming out of HS. For him to be even #2 their was impressive.

Goes to show you even a TelePrompTer reader pulling down some big change cannot buy PT for a legacy. Chris Petersen is nobody’s lackey.

p.s.- third fiddle to L. Griffith, or OG Marcia Brandwynne.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Why would anyone want to sit on the bench? Good for him to transferring somewhere that he has a chance to start at, he would be dumb to be in his early 20s to hold a clipboard that would be the “loser” mentality......and no he isn’t going to leapfrog Eason

Reactions: pantera-cat
Who would anybody want to go to Fresno state after attending Washington? (one of the finest schools on the west coast). Plus how many #1's are getting hurt these days. Wait your turn and earn it. Get better.
Fresno is the UNLV of hoops back in the 90's.... "We can get you in."

Who would anybody want to go to Fresno state after attending Washington? (one of the finest schools on the west coast). Plus how many #1's are getting hurt these days. Wait your turn and earn it. Get better.

Can you clarify "who" should wait their turn and earn it? Jake Haener or Jacob Eason? Though unfortunate, Eason lost his job to Jake Fromm due to injury. Knowing now he'll never touch the field unless Fromm gets hurt, Eason bails. The way I see it Eason had his chance to sign with Washington. This whole transfer BS is getting out of control and promotes the ME attitude. Now Haener, feeling he got screwed is gonna screw a Fresno State QB.

Fresno state is doing just fine under JT they are a quality program and have been for a long time.....you think when I’m 21 a fun thing to do is sit on your ass and cross your fingers that the #1 gets hurt so I can be the starter? Sounds like a ridiculous terrible idea to me but I like to play not ride a bench

Here’s what I know: 1315.2 was in a league with 3 (THREE!) D1 early (after JR year) commits to Power5 conferences, two were “Elite 11” picks (topic for another day.) I’m fairly certain this has never happened in NorCal. Mine outrated two in his single year, even though the others were three year starters (2) or two years (1.) EACH ONE of those three had less than FIVE starts in their five year NCAA journeys, while I got to watch about 90 in another sport in four years. We KNEW in HS that being a QB in college was a crap shoot. Carrying a clipboard anytime past his frosh year wouldn’t have satisfied a competitive spirit. And so these kinds of stories are all too common. Parents- have your player go to where the coaches have integrity, no BS, and do the math on the roster and offers!

My point is this: SO many families put their eggs in the one (football) basket with oodles of $$ investment with extra coaching (Theder was the go to guy for a decade,) searching for that coveted Power 5 NLI. Then reality hits: they cannot compete at that level. Greener pastures beckon and maybe, just maybe, they earn a spot.

Fresno state is doing just fine under JT they are a quality program and have been for a long time.....you think when I’m 21 a fun thing to do is sit on your ass and cross your fingers that the #1 gets hurt so I can be the starter? Sounds like a ridiculous terrible idea to me but I like to play not ride a bench

Fresno state is not Wash. Yes they've had success but more to life than football especially when you are not going to be playing after college. Haener going to Wash out of HS made no sense. Look at his other offers. He was a big west type QB at best. He wouldn't start at UCD right now. Kids are delusional today.

Reactions: THEOC89
Fresno state is not Wash. Yes they've had success but more to life than football especially when you are not going to be playing after college. Haener going to Wash out of HS made no sense. Look at his other offers. He was a big west type QB at best. He wouldn't start at UCD right now. Kids are delusional today.

Yeah there isn’t many UW in the west coast so?? A degree is a degree unless you’re going into a specialized field......I manage 16 reps and I can’t even tell you in passing where any of them went to college really especially my top performing ones......... he comes from good financial sound family he won’t have problems because of the name on his paper, Fresno state he will at least have a shot and why not? Like I said sitting around with a clipboard satisfies you then you’re a beta which is fine, but most of us who enjoy football aren’t betas

Here’s what I know: 1315.2 was in a league with 3 (THREE!) D1 early (after JR year) commits to Power5 conferences, two were “Elite 11” picks (topic for another day.) I’m fairly certain this has never happened in NorCal. Mine outrated two in his single year, even though the others were three year starters (2) or two years (1.) EACH ONE of those three had less than FIVE starts in their five year NCAA journeys, while I got to watch about 90 in another sport in four years. We KNEW in HS that being a QB in college was a crap shoot. Carrying a clipboard anytime past his frosh year wouldn’t have satisfied a competitive spirit. And so these kinds of stories are all too common. Parents- have your player go to where the coaches have integrity, no BS, and do the math on the roster and offers!

My point is this: SO many families put their eggs in the one (football) basket with oodles of $$ investment with extra coaching (Theder was the go to guy for a decade,) searching for that coveted Power 5 NLI. Then reality hits: they cannot compete at that level. Greener pastures beckon and maybe, just maybe, they earn a spot.

Or maybe, just maybe, they should do what’s best for their careers like every other American adult. Two years ago Georgia had 3 FBS starting caliber QBs; we know because two of them transferred to other P5 programs and are starting. Had they just sit down and shut up on the bench they could have just completed their eligibility without ever starting another game; now the two are in positions where they can “earn” the right to be drafted on the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: THEOC89 and MC415

He may not be the starter at EWU either which he had an offer from them too

One of the nice things about being an offensive lineman you only have to be in the top five to earn play time. At quarterback if you ain’t the lead dog the scenery never changes........

Or maybe, just maybe, they should do what’s best for their careers like every other American adult. Two years ago Georgia had 3 FBS starting caliber QBs; we know because two of them transfers to other P5 programs and are starting. Had they just sit down and shut up on the bench they could have just completed their eligibility without ever starting another game; now the two are in positions where they can “earn” the right to be drafted on the field.

Nobody forces anybody to sign an NLI.
If parents are ignorant on negotiating the recruiting process (the coaches certainly do,) who’s that on?

Being “draftable?” Such a crapshoot. Go to class. That’ll put bread on the table.

If parents are ignorant on negotiating the recruiting process (the coaches certainly do,) who’s that on?

Being “draftable?” Such a crapshoot. Go to class. That’ll put bread on the table.

I’m not saying transferring SHOULDN’T happen in certain circumstances. The rules allow it. Think Slovis is pretty jazzed at SC?

That’s like saying, “don’t like your job? Well nobody forced anybody to take a job! If your ignorant about what it’s like to work for a particular company who’s that on? Suck it up, it puts bread on the table!”

Just a trash argument all the way around.

That’s like saying, “don’t like your job? Well nobody forced anybody to take a job! If your ignorant about what it’s like to work for a particular company who’s that on? Suck it up, it puts bread on the table!”

Just a trash argument all the way around.
Huh?
The analogy is....refuse.

Please quote me where I said “I was against” transferring. Do I think it reveals character? Uh huh. BTW, two of those D1 guys I mentioned @12 stuck it out all 5 years. Go ahead and hate on them and their folks, respect.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going........ elsewhere according to #22. LOL

Please quote me where I said “I was against” transferring. Do I think it reveals character? Uh huh. BTW, two of those D1 guys I mentioned @12 stuck it out all 5 years. Go ahead and hate on them and their folks, respect.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going........ elsewhere according to #22. LOL

And will you Please quote me where I “hated on them and their folks”?

Your stance is garbage. Just hot trash.

Or maybe, just maybe, they should do what’s best for their careers like every other American adult. Two years ago Georgia had 3 FBS starting caliber QBs; we know because two of them transferred to other P5 programs and are starting. Had they just sit down and shut up on the bench they could have just completed their eligibility without ever starting another game; now the two are in positions where they can “earn” the right to be drafted on the field.
And will you Please quote me where I “hated on them and their folks”?

Your stance is garbage. Just hot trash.

Trash talk. My kids always told me those guys, once they got pancaked or trucked, had an attitude adjustment. Just saying.

We (yes, even on the Peninsula) know of one VERY hyped QB, from a VERY prominent local program, with a VERY strategized plan to attend a VERY, VERY big time program. He did not transfer when he was beat out FOUR times. Do you think he and his family were foolish for choosing that route, because he did not get drafted? He DID compete, then and after, again, without (your?) apparent measure of success. He competed.

My measure, please note, is less myopic. He met his gal there. (Check.) He completed his degree. (Check.) And like millions of others before him, and those that follow, will put bread on the table NOT because he self-identified as an athlete (and a competitor,) but because it contributed to character. (Final check.)

Just more of the “transfer mentality” in full display here.

And just like that Gruden’s had enough of Antonio Brown/Rosenhaus’ antics....

What are the chances “did what’s best for AB....”

Trash talk. My kids always told me those guys, once they got pancaked or trucked, had an attitude adjustment. Just saying.

We (yes, even on the Peninsula) know of one VERY hyped QB, from a VERY prominent local program, with a VERY strategized plan to attend a VERY, VERY big time program. He did not transfer when he was beat out FOUR times. Do you think he and his family were foolish for choosing that route, because he did not get drafted? He DID compete, then and after, again, without (your?) apparent measure of success. He competed.

My measure, please note, is less myopic. He met his gal there. (Check.) He completed his degree. (Check.) And like millions of others before him, and those that follow, will put bread on the table NOT because he self-identified as an athlete (and a competitor,) but because it contributed to character. (Final check.)

Good for him that’s amazing ! Sounds like that’s what he was looking for in the college experience, that’s what makes human unique we are all different. Most QBs who move on to the D1 level aren’t looking to chill as the backup for 5 years, but if you’re cool with that and don’t mind it.....and you want to get the education from that particular institution, worry about your gal, friends, frat or whatever it maybe more power to you! And if you want to go somewhere where you can play in the field then more power to you to!

Yeah this thread got stupid fast. Haener was overrated period. Handled situation like an emotional child which seems to be norm these days. What ever happened to competing? Look at Ian Book. Nobody except himself thought he would be in this situation coming out of Oak Ridge. He is a great example and he will earn a degree from a prestigious university with an amazing alumni base.

Have fun at frezzzno. Tedford stock is high. He will bounce next opportunity.

Yeah this thread got stupid fast. Haener was overrated period. Handled situation like an emotional child which seems to be norm these days. What ever happened to competing? Look at Ian Book. Nobody except himself thought he would be in this situation coming out of Oak Ridge. He is a great example and he will earn a degree from a prestigious university with an amazing alumni base.

Have fun at frezzzno. Tedford stock is high. He will bounce next opportunity.

Yeah so what if JT bounces ? Fresno track record last 20 years says more often then not they will field a competing team........this isn’t pertinent to just Haener I don’t know one thing about the young man, but Fields and Eason by your logic should have stuck it out to prove to the world and message board know it alls that they have to compete and sit behind Fromm their entire careers and never play meaningful football????

Or you can start at UW and tOSU and literally play multiples years competing for Titles? I’m not following your logic here ? With your stupid ass logic, at my job I should stick around and be a tough guy even if I won’t get promoted to my next position and ignore an opportunity at another company for a higher position? That might be the stupidest thing I could tell my family.......hey honey I turned down a lot more money, promotion and opportunity because I need to prove to my bros that I “compete” lol I’m laughing at the stupidity of that logic wow

Reactions: townbiz24
Here’s what I know: 1315.2 was in a league with 3 (THREE!) D1 early (after JR year) commits to Power5 conferences, two were “Elite 11” picks (topic for another day.)........ Parents have your player go to where the coaches have integrity, no BS, and do the math on the roster and offers!

My point is this: SO many families put their eggs in the one (football) basket with oodles of $$ investment with extra coaching ....... Then reality hits:......

Wise words of experience and wisdom......., an integral part of a serious higher education plan besides worrying about ACT's and SAT's, financial planning/support, career direction, etc, etc.. 4 years of HS is just not the prep path for your student athlete to think about what direction his/her college choices will pursue but also 48 months for you as a parent be seriously researching how you can help make this work. Do your homework, 1460 days slip away too quickly.

Reactions: 1315
Yeah so what if JT bounces ? Fresno track record last 20 years says more often then not they will field a competing team........this isn’t pertinent to just Haener I don’t know one thing about the young man, but Fields and Eason by your logic should have stuck it out to prove to the world and message board know it alls that they have to compete and sit behind Fromm their entire careers and never play meaningful football????

Or you can start at UW and tOSU and literally play multiples years competing for Titles? I’m not following your logic here ? With your stupid ass logic, at my job I should stick around and be a tough guy even if I won’t get promoted to my next position and ignore an opportunity at another company for a higher position? That might be the stupidest thing I could tell my family.......hey honey I turned down a lot more money, promotion and opportunity because I need to prove to my bros that I “compete” lol I’m laughing at the stupidity of that logic wow
Another stupid take from Larry "know it all" #dumbass

Reactions: serdaprs and MC415
no guarantee at all he ever starts at Fresno State, gotta know your talent and be realistic about it. Cash isn't the issue for him, so maybe the best move would be going to a non-scholly type of program where he has the best chance to start, although no guarantees there either

Reactions: Bubba3000 and MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT