ADVERTISEMENT

AND WHAT ABOUT INDERKUM

TCC was moved to D4 for 2016 and 2017 seasons. Pioneer and Woodland's enrollment dropped 150-200. The Drop to D4 allows those schools to qualify for D4 playoffs now.

TCC was moved to D4 for 2016 and 2017 seasons. Pioneer and Woodland's enrollment dropped 150-200. The Drop to D4 allows those schools to qualify for D4 playoffs now.

Thanks for clarifying. I was sure they had been D3 since the last realignment and thought I was losing my mind. I even double-checked before replying initially, but was looking at the wrong sports apparently. Glad to know it was a recent change that I just missed.

Last edited:
So due to enrollment Vaca is DI?

I estimate that the D1 cutoff will be about 2100, and the D2 cutoff will be about 1800. So Vacaville would be D2 by enrollment (1981). But I expect that they will win the MEL title, and all league champs must play at least in their league alignment (MEL = D1), so expect Vaca in the D1 bracket.

There are always some tweaks to the playoffs. One interesting thing for this year in the SJS is that teams must play only one level below their realignment league for 2018 - or the team must be moved up a division. This will not impact theD1/D2 teams, but it could impact D3 and lower division teams. The obvious one is Capital Christian. They will be aligned in a D3 league next year. But they will probably be placed in D5 by enrollment. I read this new rule to say that CC will be moved up to D4. I am not sure if anyone else will be impacted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT