ADVERTISEMENT

AND WHAT ABOUT INDERKUM

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Inderkum resides in the tri-county league, but they are loaded with speed and skill players and they too have a interesting preseason schedule.

8-25.....Elk Grove 11-2 Away 7:15 P.M.
9-01.....Kennedy of Sacramento 6-5 Home 7 P.M.
9-08 American canyon 11-2 Away 7:30 P.M.
9-15.....Moreau Catholic 8-4 Home 7 P.M..
In the first game on 8-25, I do believe we are going to see Inderkum stop Elkgrove in one of the first surprises of the season..
Any Ideas or thoughts

Can not count out Inderkum...Probably one of the Top 15 Teams in SJS...I really liked the series with Salesian? Did they have El Cerrito before too?

Norcalfootball....El Cerrito and Inderkum met I believe two years ago which turned out to be a shootout...

Yes we played El Cerrito two years in a row but that series was stopped. 1st year was a very good game 37-34-we came back late to win (95 yd run w/2mins) and last year we won 48-13.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Yes we played El Cerrito two years in a row but that series was stopped. 1st year was a very good game 37-34-we came back late to win (95 yd run w/2mins) and last year we won 48-13.
Hopefully we may see this series start again...Gr8t to see Inderkum play NCS Teams, hopefully we may see them Schedule Milpitas or Oak Grove-San Jose of the CCS!

IMO, Indy is one of the most underrated programs in the Sac area. Founded in 2005, Indy has never had a losing season nor lost more than 3 games during any season -- playoffs included. The Tigers are 126-26 in 12 seasons and only missed the postseason once -- their inaugural season in 2005 despite a 7-3 record.

Beyond the talented players, which they have, much of that consistent success can be attributed to HC Terry Stark, a very underrated coach, and his talented staff. Stark also managed a winning record while at Natomas and, even more impressive, nearly pulled off a .500 record while at Mira Loma for 5 seasons during the early-to-mid 90's. ML hasn't seen much winning since 1984 and has only made 1 playoff appearance in the 20 seasons since he left. Nobody wins there anymore. Yet Stark managed back to back seasons of 8-2 and 9-2, including a playoff birth, prior to leaving. The guy knows how to build a winning program. It's only a matter of time before he knocks down the section title door.

IMO, Indy is one of the most underrated programs in the Sac area. Founded in 2005, Indy has never had a losing season nor lost more than 3 games during any season -- playoffs included. The Tigers are 126-26 in 12 seasons and only missed the postseason once -- their inaugural season in 2005 despite a 7-3 record.

Beyond the talented players, which they have, much of that consistent success can be attributed to HC Terry Stark, a very underrated coach, and his talented staff. Stark also managed a winning record while at Natomas and, even more impressive, nearly pulled off a .500 record while at Mira Loma for 5 seasons during the early-to-mid 90's. ML hasn't seen much winning since 1984 and has only made 1 playoff appearance in the 20 seasons since he left. Nobody wins there anymore. Yet Stark managed back to back seasons of 8-2 and 9-2, including a playoff birth, prior to leaving. The guy knows how to build a winning program. It's only a matter of time before he knocks down the section title door.
Amen!

Great post TR. Inderkum originally opened its doors in 2004. Just keeping you on point.

Well said Thunderram......Terry often puts in his two cents worth when something needs to be said....

I don't think any coaches in the SJS underestimate Inderkum. They have been a solid program the school opened and never seem to have a down year.

Tod Hamasaki was the head JV coach in 2004, Matt Hinton was the Frosh HC. Both coached for my father @ Natomas. Hamsaki was the varsity DC till the past two seasons, he now coaches varsity O and D line, Hinton is now the AD and asst frosh. Those two coaches where hoping to recruit him to Inderkum, Hamasaki did a great job starting the weight program and the accountability in the weight room and class room.

2004-SFL in Natomas they went 7-3? Lost to Woodland close on last play of the game, Lost to Del Oro and lost to Galt in a close game.

Indy's been banged up with injuries, but still look pretty darn good at 7-0. They certainly have one of the best players in the area in Isaah Crocker. Lots of speed and talent on that team. Biggest threat to them in D2 might be Sacramento or Granite Bay. I'm not sure if Central Catholic will be D2 again or not?

Reactions: coachlittle
I think they are still D2 this year. That was their designation on the last update of the SJS enrollments.

Does the continued success rule have a time limit? Like if you get moved up, you stay there for a certain amount of time?

Really impressed with Inderkum this year to continue to roll along despite injuries and losing quite a bit to graduation.

Reactions: ThunderRam
We have been a bit banged up. We have 2 studs out, (leading rusher and best defensive player) and 2-or 3 RB's that see lots of time. I think we have 10 guys over 150 yards rushing (could be off).

Biggest reason we are winning is because of our O-Line (big for us) and physical has been the biggest difference this year. We have a group of young men (line and skill) with names that never get brought up but players like Brandon Knott, Joel Contreas, Chris Roberts, Logan Benoit, Tim Gay, Davion Ross, Julian Battle, DeAngelo Morgan just to name a few have really battled for us this year. I think we got a soph (Aaron Espero) that is the next big recruit for us, super hard worker, dominates in the class room and on the practice field. We have a great group of kids, practice is fun, getting better is the goal, keep our heads down and show up to get better everyday on the field, in the class room and in the community is all we can do.

I have told this to our coaches a time or two but the realtionship(s) we have with our players is awesome. Our kids get to be coached up by Inderkum and Boise St grad Greg Grimes. They get to see Vince Mayle(Baltimore Ravens) score his 1st TD vs the Raiders, Josh Falo-true frosh(USC) catch his 1st TD both last weekend. Shoot we have 15-20 alums that bring their little kids to the game and introduce them to their H.S. coaches and watch them give high-fives to the current players is pretty special.

Proud to be a part of this program!

We have been a bit banged up. We have 2 studs out, (leading rusher and best defensive player) and 2-or 3 RB's that see lots of time. I think we have 10 guys over 150 yards rushing (could be off).

Biggest reason we are winning is because of our O-Line (big for us) and physical has been the biggest difference this year. We have a group of young men (line and skill) with names that never get brought up but players like Brandon Knott, Joel Contreas, Chris Roberts, Logan Benoit, Tim Gay, Davion Ross, Julian Battle, DeAngelo Morgan just to name a few have really battled for us this year. I think we got a soph (Aaron Espero) that is the next big recruit for us, super hard worker, dominates in the class room and on the practice field. We have a great group of kids, practice is fun, getting better is the goal, keep our heads down and show up to get better everyday on the field, in the class room and in the community is all we can do.

I have told this to our coaches a time or two but the realtionship(s) we have with our players is awesome. Our kids get to be coached up by Inderkum and Boise St grad Greg Grimes. They get to see Vince Mayle(Baltimore Ravens) score his 1st TD vs the Raiders, Josh Falo-true frosh(USC) catch his 1st TD both last weekend. Shoot we have 15-20 alums that bring their little kids to the game and introduce them to their H.S. coaches and watch them give high-fives to the current players is pretty special.

Proud to be a part of this program!

Inderkum is building something special as long as the alumni keeps their kids tied to the program they should stay at a competitive level...that’s how it is at grant some players on here are waiting and wishing for a true fall off at grant but they don’t understand the pride that’s in the program and how much grant jr pacers love the pacers and still dream about being pacers

Pride and the welcoming back is what brings the players back. At our Homecoming game, we had a bunch of little dudes walking aroud in our team area where we meet as a team before we split for into groups for adjustments n such at halftime. It was awesome to see young men I coached with their kids and taking pride in something that they truely helped build. Watching the little kids with their eyes wide open and so excited just to shake a coaches hand that his father played for or get to give a fist bump to their favorite varsity player. Pretty special, it makes us all excited about what has been built and what the future has for our program.

Imo, what has been brought up today is what makes Grant, Del Oro, Nevada Union and I am sure other top programs special. Its the kids taking pride in their program. Our school is very, very young compared to the bluebloods if you will of our section but the future is awesome. Shoot now I am getting fired up for a Tuesday practice lol!

Inderkum is building something special as long as the alumni keeps their kids tied to the program they should stay at a competitive level...

I've been a staunch supporter of Terry Stark and his staff for a long time. Terry was my alma maters OC back when I played, so I know first hand how good he is. He's been successful everywhere he's coached and has taken it to another level at Indy IMO.

Some point out the fact Indy hasn't won section yet, which is true, but I believe the consistency the Varsity program has shown since inception in 2005 is in many ways harder to accomplish -- especially for a public school program in a large metro area. Sooner or later, they'll break down that section title door. Maybe this season.

Indy's been banged up with injuries, but still look pretty darn good at 7-0. They certainly have one of the best players in the area in Isaah Crocker. Lots of speed and talent on that team. Biggest threat to them in D2 might be Sacramento or Granite Bay. I'm not sure if Central Catholic will be D2 again or not?

CC is in D2 again this season. If they fail to make it to the Semi Finals, they go back to D3 next season.
Do you happen to know if Indy is D2 or D3 this season?

D2 has been the deeper bracket on numerous occasions the past decade or so. Might well be the case again this season.

D2 could have Granite Bay, Rocklin, Central Catholic, Inderkum, Antelope, Grant, Vacaville, Del Oro, Del Campo and Sac High.

Reactions: ThunderRam
D2 could have Granite Bay, Rocklin, Central Catholic, Inderkum, Antelope, Grant, Vacaville, Del Oro, Del Campo and Sac High.

Not sure we'll see D2 in 2009 bested anytime soon, and I know this is considered a down year on the whole, but that's a very strong, deep bracket if all those teams end up D2. It wouldn't be easy to pick a clear cut favorite. Lots of parity there.

Indy, CC and Sac High would be among the teams I feel would have the best shot, with GB and Vaca being dark horses.

Indy is in a D4 league and does not meet any of the criteria to be moved up. BUT, with their enrollment, they almost assuredly will be in the D2 bracket.

If things play out, they may have 3 teams at 10-0 in the D2 bracket (Indy, Downey, and Del Campo) plus other top teams (Sacramento, CC, Granite Bay, Tracy, Rocklin), so seeding is going to be difficult.

Antelope will likely land in D3 due to their enrollment.

Grant is currently 3-3 and needs at least 2 more wins to make the playoffs. It looks like their opponents have enough wins to qualify them for the playoffs if they get the 5th win. 6 wins and they are in for sure. They have Sheldon, Jesuit, MT and Davis left to go. I am not sure if they can beat either Sheldon or Jesuit and they are going to beat Davis. Which means their playoff chances may be resting on the MT game.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Winner of DC VS Antelope will be D2 (I think).

Our enrollment jumped close to 400 and Woodland has almost dropped by that much in the last two years. Our Frosh and Soph class has about 70% of our enrollment. When the TCC formed all teams where low 1500's - high 1700's and it was a D3 laegue, it was restructured to allow Woodland and Pioneer to qualify for D4 playoffs.

If Vacaville wins league (MEL) they will automatically placed in D1 from what I recall since it is classified as a D1 league. They may not even play for a few weeks yet with the fires.

Grant is currently 3-3 and needs at least 2 more wins to make the playoffs. It looks like their opponents have enough wins to qualify them for the playoffs if they get the 5th win. 6 wins and they are in for sure

Not really sure where you're going with this. In this 'everyone makes the playoffs' era, it only takes 2 league wins to qualify. They already have 1. If they go 1-3 the rest of the way thus finish 4-6 with 2 league wins, they could be in. If they go 2-2 to finish 5-5 with 3 league wins, they will be in for sure. No doubt.

They don't need 2 more wins to qualify, just one more league win. But they'll be in better position with 2 more league wins.

Two league wins does not qualify a team for the playoffs. It makes them eligible.

The Delta automatically qualifies 4 teams. It will likely take at least 4 league wins to get one of the automatic spots. Those will probably be Sheldon (3-0), Jesuit (3-0), Franklin (2-1) and either MT (1-2) or Elk Grove (2-1). MT has Grant, EG, Jesuit and Davis. EG has PG, MT, Franklin and Sheldon. I till take

Grant is currently (1-2) and I don't anticipate them winning 3 or their last 4 to qualify automatically. It could happen, but not likely IMO.

My post above made the assumption that Grant would not get one of the 4 automatic spots. Instead, they would fall into the next group of teams that qualifies based on overall record. The reality of those next teams is that 6 wins gets you in, and 5 wins puts you on the bubble. Meaning that qualification will depend on opponent win totals.

If Grant gets to 5 wins total by winning 2 of their last 4, then they will become a bubble team and will probably qualify based on their opponent win totals. That is what I was trying to say.

Indy is in a D4 league and does not meet any of the criteria to be moved up. BUT, with their enrollment, they almost assuredly will be in the D2 bracket.

If things play out, they may have 3 teams at 10-0 in the D2 bracket (Indy, Downey, and Del Campo) plus other top teams (Sacramento, CC, Granite Bay, Tracy, Rocklin), so seeding is going to be difficult.

Antelope will likely land in D3 due to their enrollment.

Grant is currently 3-3 and needs at least 2 more wins to make the playoffs. It looks like their opponents have enough wins to qualify them for the playoffs if they get the 5th win. 6 wins and they are in for sure. They have Sheldon, Jesuit, MT and Davis left to go. I am not sure if they can beat either Sheldon or Jesuit and they are going to beat Davis. Which means their playoff chances may be resting on the MT game.

Indy is in a D4 league?? Are we talking Inderkum?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT